Sony RX100 V - official topic

wolf33d

Yeah. 11990 SEK ~ 1243,60 EUR. To me that's a little mad! I can buy a LX100 + LX15 for that kind of money! Don't know who told them it's a nice idea to bring out 1k+ premium compact cameras. I think that's a plausible market for versatile superzooms/bridgecameras (RX10-series)... or high-end single focal length premium compacts with large sensors... but with a pricetag like that... who do they think they are? Leica? :grin:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Yeah. 11990 SEK ~ 1243,60 EUR. To me that's a little mad! I can buy a LX100 + LX15 for that kind of money! Don't know who told them it's a nice idea to bring out 1k+ premium compact cameras. I think that's a plausible market for versatile superzooms/bridgecameras (RX10-series)... or high-end single focal length premium compacts with large sensors... but with a pricetag like that... who do they think they are? Leica? :grin:

Price could be lower for sure mate however you have discounted one major feature... HFR. There isn't many cameras or any for that matter that can perform such high frame rates at this price. This camera obviously apeals to the compact camera market but it's not as if people are buying this camera and getting HFR as a bonus, this camera is for the HFR market, many shooters wanting HFR will happily pay this premium, especially with the increased shooting time now in the mark v.

As @Andrew Reid this camera shoots perfect 120fps with minimal rolling shutter and aliasing. And the the 240fps is very usable, nobody is buying this cam for the 480/960 it's rubbish, but the 120/240 are butter! 

For the price of a mark v in Australia which is roughly $1300-$1400 I can easily get 3 lumix G7's, however I will still be buying this cam as there is nothing out there that can do usable 240fps, downsampked 4K with no pixel binning and 24fps raw photos.... is this not astounding? I think this camera is a steal, other companies will finally jump on ship and this is going to raise the standard of HFR in cheap compacts and MFT's and push future pricing to be more competitive and affordable.

Panasonic also obviously have lots in the pipeline like the LX15, won't be long until 120fps will be standard for most of their cams. I'm glad sony pushed the limits with HFR in this market, and until Panasonic release an LXseries with 240fps Sony can have every single one of my hard earned pennies ?

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

BREAKING NEWS: the 1000fps mode is now in FULL HD. Of course 500 fps and lower too.

Exemple with amazing quality (CAREFUL THIS IS 3200 ISO done inside so dont judge the noise).
Compared to the old 1000fps of rx100 iv thats awesome

No, full HD slow mo is up to 120fps, higher framerates have lower sampled resolutions, of course they are wrapped in a 1080p container.

That's

12 hours ago, wolf33d said:

BREAKING NEWS: the 1000fps mode is now in FULL HD. Of course 500 fps and lower too.

Exemple with amazing quality (CAREFUL THIS IS 3200 ISO done inside so dont judge the noise).
Compared to the old 1000fps of rx100 iv thats awesome

It looks nice, but it's SD by the looks of it, just scaled up. Also there's heavy aliasing in the colour drops in places.

But yeah it's great that it's usable.

13 hours ago, jgharding said:

That's

It looks nice, but it's SD by the looks of it, just scaled up. Also there's heavy aliasing in the colour drops in places.

But yeah it's great that it's usable.

The resolutions are listed on Sonys website in the specs, 240fps is just shy of actual HD, all higher framerates drop in resolution. So they're definitely up scaled. 

9 hours ago, Emanuel said:

hmm... a little disappointing, the 240fps is a massive quality drop, and those highlights clip super hard?

Resolution is great in general though.

Does the little thing have Slog2 or similar for bending those highlights down? Not that it doesn't come with its own warnings of course...

On 16/10/2016 at 5:26 PM, wolf33d said:

NO. if you can read french they said in the article light was so poor they were at 3200 ISO. 

They are still using lights. Look at the image. She is lit. Yeah ISO is up and there is a bit of noise but even a lit image with ISO 3200 looks better than 3200 with no light.

14 hours ago, hmcindie said:

They are still using lights. Look at the image. She is lit. Yeah ISO is up and there is a bit of noise but even a lit image with ISO 3200 looks better than 3200 with no light.

Yes there is light indeed. I meant there is poor light (high iso).

Honestly even at ISO100 this result was not as good with the mark IV. 
This Mark V is a real beast for slowmo.

On 10/22/2016 at 10:07 PM, Emanuel said:

that utube video

damn, i believed till the end its shooting 24fps of raw and folowed the news( is it true that it shoots 6 secs of FineJpeg not 6 secs of RAW? I thought it gonna be my second and a last cam i need) Seems im gonna stick with bmmcc for that and gonna shooting videoblog without 180 degree flipping screen (actually now its without any of screen, gonna do it really-old-style with only measured distance )