Hidden 4K video feature in a5100 a6000

modyz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sounds like they have something to do with configuring video scaling filters. I highly doubt that there is actually a 4k mode, but modifying the configuration of the scaling filters could still be interesting.

Where in the filesystem did you find these? Are you using an unpacked firmware upgrade .exe or examining the system through a remote terminal?

13 hours ago, Syme said:

Sounds like they have something to do with configuring video scaling filters. I highly doubt that there is actually a 4k mode, but modifying the configuration of the scaling filters could still be interesting.

Where in the filesystem did you find these? Are you using an unpacked firmware upgrade .exe or examining the system through a remote terminal?

This screenshot from remote terminal, but now i extracted firmware upgrades for comparing a5100 & a6300 filesytems.

23 hours ago, Sedazin said:

Perhaps a generic HMDI driver for a bunch of cameras, not necessarily mean that the 5100 could use these functions.

The a5100 and a6000 both support 4K HDMI. When connected to a 4K screen they can show still images in 4K.

That said, those screenshots in the first post look like they are for video recording and not for HDMI only stuff...