Sony Will Announce the A6500

Hanriverprod

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
30 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

And also, the A6300 should never have existed. Majorly flawed, with a shelf life of approximately 30 seconds.

There was absolutely nothing to stop Sony putting a touch screen in that and 5 axis stabilisation.

The A6500 is a very interesting update but their game is clear, and I am angry at them, as I feel we have wasted our money...not once, not twice, but many times now with these quickly obsolete cameras.

The lesson is - if the Sony model doesn't quite meet your requirements, wait a bit and they may find a way to add the features you want. With Canon, if the model doesn't meet your requirements, you might as well buy it, as you will have to wait 4 years for the next model, and it won't be much better.

It appears Sony is copying Panasonic. They have improved the shutter mechanism  ("Enjoy less blur from vibration and a very quiet, durable shutter") making it have less shutter shock and more quiet, as well as the IBIS. 

I doubt whether the IBIS willbe able tp deliver the promised 5 stops of compensation. Also, I doubt whether they have been able to handle the heating issue.

Excellent on Paper though.

In my eyes this is pimping up a luxury gadget (overheating, no ergonomics for serious work, etc.)...Great new features that would be needed in a a7r m3 / a7s m3. If Sony would implement these features (specially a reliable AF and a TC with a much more simple and better menu usability) in serious production cameras, this would be great. But Sony prefers to pimp luxury gadgets - overpriced "toys" seem to be more profitable than production/serious cameras...

3 minutes ago, Nodnarb said:

Disappointing, but I'm not totally surprised that you can't use the touchscreen to control settings or navigate menus.

But you can't use the touchscreen to lock onto the subject for tracking? Seriously?

Maybe it's not a touch screen. It's an Almost Touch Screen. Like the video on the A6300, where you can Almost Shoot Movies. Cause with the overheating, photos seem more safe.

Maybe the A6300 is perfect for Vines. Not Filmmaking. 

5 minutes ago, alexO said:

DPReview reports a6500 having the same crop for 30p in 4K mode. Looks like the sensor is identical to a6300, so I bet the rolling shutter is gonna be the same. 

And if they did not Explicitly mention 'better heat dissipation', then it would share the overheating feature too :glasses:

50 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

You would have said the same before the release of nx1, if someone had written the specs of the yet to come camera.

Yet another NX1 thread hijack. How many more new camera threads are going to get the same treatment?

SMH.

3 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

But maybe the wiring and processing for reading out that sensor has improved... processing, buffer and burst are improved as well so, doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

Just keep an eye on https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI%253D&q=sony+a6500 for further footage to come out and judge...

It uses the new LSI, which they claimed big improvements with the A99II. This should see improvement, but how much is anybody's guess at this point.

5 minutes ago, sanveer said:

And if they did not Explicitly mention 'better heat dissipation', then it would share the overheating feature too :glasses:

I think they're suppressing it.

Emotionally I mean.

They don't want to acknowledge there is even a problem. So they're not going to say it's solved either. I guess... you could really say they're regarding it a feature. 'Wow John it's amazing!' "But wait! Pick up the phone now and you get free overheating with each order! As a bonus! Completely free of charge!".

P.s. I lol'd when I saw on the EOSHD topic listing this topic was regarded a 'hot topic'. xD

Just now, Cinegain said:

I think they're suppressing it.

Emotionally I mean.

They don't want to acknowledge there is even a problem. So they're not going to say it's solved either. I guess... you could really say they're regarding it a feature. 'Wow John it's amazing!' "But wait! Pick up the phone now and you get free overheating with each order! As a bonus! Completely free of charge!".

It was meant to spoof on the issue. :expressionless:

And yes, Sony should get its head out of the ground.