JMN

What are people's experience with this company ?
I made very specific inquiries due to my deadline and got a "your wasting time by chatting" response.
Based on the reviews from the product I took a chance with hoping the business matches their quality.
Sent cash via PayPal and still no response after 4 days..

I have my lenses ready but need adapters for a six month location project.

Anyone have the same non communicative experience with positive outcome ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I got excellent experience with these company ...

The clamps are just superior.

I also send a PM last week and didn't have an answer yet.

I'm sure you will get a response , but you will have to wait.

Be patience, the clamps are really good.

I shot a short film last week with one redstan. It allows to shoot with confidence without worries. It's light and strong, so your lens is save.

I think Redstan is out of town. As I said , I tried to contact him and also send cash through paypal, but don't have an answer yet. I'm not worried, because I made trade before and everything was fantastic. Just be patience.

Cheers!

I think that it's less of a company and more of a one-man operation. Alan makes these and sells them out of his home. I don't think that he's in an unhealthy relationship with the internet like so many of us are so it can take some time before he gets back to you. It's well worth the wait; the quality of these adapters is superb.

Like everyone has said - be patient. It is hard I would know. I ordered from him and it took nearly 3 weeks to get it but when it arrived - wow! No exaggeration. I started off with the v-clamp because it came with my lens. Nothing against vid-atlantic- super nice folk but the redstan clamp is the way to go.

He does customize the fit - I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed!!

Self created deadlines! Deadlines! We are all in too much of a hurry!!!

Quality craftsmanship and perfect fit are well worth the wait.

If there's no response he's away working - I'm the same, 1 minute I'm home for a month, then away I'm away on a gig for 3 or more months.

Try and avoid any 'deadline' purchase via internet. I don't factor any new kit in a quote/job till I got it home 'n tested.

Redstan's the Man.

• 8 months later...

jijas, on 13 Oct 2013 - 3:42 PM, said:

I did order some moths ago and never recieve item or money back...
And last contact from him with some F words came in August and after since, no money back, no nothing...

NICE GUY YOU ARE UNIQUE A SPECIAL AND RARE CUSTOMER.
FOR MYSELF I HAVE HAD 48 UNIQUE CLAIMS SINCE XMAS.
AND YET YOU SAY YOU ARE A VICTIM.

I DO NOT RUN A BUSINESS IT IS A PAYPAL CLAIM JOKE OPERATION.
ALL THE PEOPLE I SOLD STUFF AROUND THE WORLD TO.
I PICK YOU TO RIP OFF
LITTLE OLD YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE.
I CHOOSE YOU TO RIP OFF AND RAPE.
WHO ARE YOU THE PERP NEEDS TO NOSE.
2 LICKLE POSTS ON HERE JOINED JUST TO TRASH MAYBE.
I CHOOSE YOU HOW UNLUCKY FOR YOU.
DID YOU NOT PUT IN A CLAIM ON PAYPAL LIKE THE OTHER 40 ODD SCUM.
OR NOT GOT AROUND TO IT YET.
IF I GOT ABUSIVE MAYBE YOU DESERVED IT BUT MOST SCAMMERS GET THE GOODS AND MONIES BACK SO NO POINT IN CRYING A RIVER FELLA.
A BIT OF ABUSIVE FOR FREE GOODS AND A CLAIM SOUNDS GOOD.

IF I GET MAILS FROM FOLKS SAYIN NOT HERE YET NOT HERE I SAY WAIT LONGER.
IF I DO NOT HERE BACK I ASSUME THEY GOT IT.
IF YOUR FROM FINLAND OR RUSSIA,PORTUGAL OR SPAIN THOSE ARE THE PLACES THAT STEAL MY TIN OR PUT CLAIMS IN FOR RECEIVED ACHROMATIC DIOPTERS.
TRY GATHERING YOUR REDSTAN RAPE VICTIMS TOGETHER AND IT WILL BE A VERY POOR LIMITED SHOW.
FOR IT IS I WHO AM THE VICTIM HERE.
I STILL DO HAVE CLAIMS OUTSTANDING SO UNLESS YOUR A SCOT OR A RUSSIAN THEY WILL NOT BE YOU.
SINCE I HAVE KNOW IDEA WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOUR REAL PROBLEM IS I CANNOT BE NICE OR ABUSIVE TO YOUR SITUATION.

Redstan has forgotten more than most of us know.

Sadly, most quality built products are often overlooked and undervalued these days...Redstan Is a cottage industry that will not sell substandard tin foil goods, this may not suit the people who want everything 'yesterday' but these are the people who deserve the crappy pipe and screws from other clamp makers in my opinion.

You get what you pay for.

In my experience that is top quality of build and service (as long as you don't act like a tit), not to mention the invaluable information and guidance he gives out privately or on this forum.

Viva La Redstan.

P.s - I want to buy a Redstan branded T-shirt with 'Bokeh Tit' written on it...as Well as other famous quotes from his posts over the years.