DJI just slaughtered GoPro with Mavic

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
34 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Indeed. And this is one of the reasons why I like this device. No oversharpened edges. Makes it much more cinematic to my eyes, than the usual stuff I've usually seen from the other toys. As matter of fact, this is the first bird of this category to catch my attention.

Yeah, but what you like is not a feature but some kind of lens flaw in a few devices. Image you get your copy and it is sharp edge to edge. The horror! :D

46 minutes ago, Taranis said:

Yeah, but what you like is not a feature but some kind of lens flaw in a few devices. Image you get your copy and it is sharp edge to edge. The horror! :D

Really? I wouldn't be so sure of that... : P

Even though the QC explanation route or because there's also a chance for a lens design flaw as much as reported with the Lumia 1020 model; as already written earlier in a previous post of mine along this thread BTW : ) I bet it's much related to the focus system present on Mavic;

it's all about tap to focus design, I believe.

Remember it's the first time you have it present alongside a drone.

I believe that's why you're able to get it 'sharp edge to edge' throughout some other footage samples, as well. 

But, as you wish, that said, I don't see a single reason why people are used to praise any-lovely-distortion when we simply mention the magic words 'anamorphic glass', despite to easily irritate themselves when a similar feature pops up in a Chinese piece of nouvelle technology designed and made somewhere in the other side of Pacific ; ) Shouldn't it be called cinematic in the same way? ;-)

11 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Really? I wouldn't be so sure of that... : P

Even though the QC explanation route or because there's also a chance for a lens design flaw as much as reported with the Lumia 1020 model; as already written earlier in a previous post of mine along this thread BTW : ) I bet it's much related to the focus system present on Mavic;

it's all about tap to focus design, I believe.

Remember it's the first time you have it present alongside a drone.

I believe that's why you're able to get it 'sharp edge to edge' throughout some other footage samples, as well. 

But, as you wish, that said, I don't see a single reason why people are used to praise any-lovely-distortion when we simply mention the magic words 'anamorphic glass', despite to easily irritate themselves when a similar feature pops up in a Chinese piece of nouvelle technology designed and made somewhere in the other side of Pacific ; ) Shouldn't it be called cinematic in the same way? ;-)

Yeah sure it could be called cinematic. But then make all units blur the edges. Or make them all sharp. Or allow me to control this "feature". Right now it's too accidental.

2 hours ago, Taranis said:

Yeah sure it could be called cinematic. But then make all units blur the edges. Or make them all sharp. Or allow me to control this "feature". Right now it's too accidental.

Well, unless we can call accidental to the tap to focus feature...

This feature is unique, not present in any one of the Mavic competitors. Without mention a lens aperture almost one stop faster comparing with the previous offer : )

As written earlier, so far, the jury is still out if it is a QC issue, a design flaw or a feature from its tap to focus design.

I'd even dare to bet beyond (and a way more) than faulty units...

The tap to focus design + a shitty codec for half-focused areas when the settings on sharpness are dialed down.

:-)

On 13/11/2016 at 10:23 AM, Emanuel said:

Well, unless we can call accidental to the tap to focus feature...

This feature is unique, not present in any one of the Mavic competitors. Without mention a lens aperture almost one stop faster comparing with the previous offer : )

As written earlier, so far, the jury is still out if it is a QC issue, a design flaw or a feature from its tap to focus design.

I'd even dare to bet beyond (and a way more) than faulty units...

The tap to focus design + a shitty codec for half-focused areas when the settings on sharpness are dialed down.

:-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofey0eqC74g&lc=z12ew11pnvnvdjdfh232g1si1rb3ulh1m