Sign in to follow this  
Dustin

WTB: Cheap Shoulder Rig

I posted this as WTB but could also be titled "recommend me...". Looking for a decent quality, cheap (I realize you often can't have both of these adjectives) shoulder rig. My camera is a d5300. If possible maybe shoot me some links or if you are selling let me know. By cheap I mean probably under $200 preferably under $150. If I should just go to ebay and pick one at random let me know your experience.

EDIT:

Does anyone know if the difference in price is worth it on these two/if they are any good?

https://www.amazon.com/FILMCITY-DSLR-SHOULDER-RIG-FC-10/dp/B00IVK61K4

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-FilmMaker-Camcorder-Dual-hand-Camcorders/dp/B00GTMBA7K/ref=pd_lpo_421_bs_t_2/160-4313549-6323512?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C7SSDSHAZ17PVER233YY

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've used that Neewer one and it's junk. More than 2 pounds and those grips start slipping on the rods. Today you may have just the camera, but soon enough you'll have a monitor, a camera cage, maybe a light, a microphone, so plan ahead. A year ago, I was where you are now. It's tempting to get the cheap thing so you can have it now, DON'T DO IT. Look for used ones on craigslist so you can check it out before buying or save up for a good one. 

I wish I could recommend one, but I'm in the process of looking too. There has to be good shoulder rig that isn't $600 or more.

4 hours ago, NX1user said:

I've used that Neewer one and it's junk. More than 2 pounds and those grips start slipping on the rods. Today you may have just the camera, but soon enough you'll have a monitor, a camera cage, maybe a light, a microphone, so plan ahead. A year ago, I was where you are now. It's tempting to get the cheap thing so you can have it now, DON'T DO IT. Look for used ones on craigslist so you can check it out before buying or save up for a good one. 

I wish I could recommend one, but I'm in the process of looking too. There has to be good shoulder rig that isn't $600 or more.

Thanks man! yeah i've been slowly building up my rig gear since getting into this about 3 years ago. I recently used my monopod as a pseudo shoulder rig to pretty good success. I also had a stabilized lens so that helped. I suppose you could build your own out of quality parts...(not shittty lowes parts or anything, actual shoulder rig parts)? Might be something I'll try.

I built mine with parts from small rig. I got my complete shoulder rig + follow focus for around €180.
I can recommend this :) as the quality is good and this solution allows you to get just what you need and nothing more

5 hours ago, Justin Bacle said:

I built mine with parts from small rig. I got my complete shoulder rig + follow focus for around €180.
I can recommend this :) as the quality is good and this solution allows you to get just what you need and nothing more

Awesome! Care to link to the parts you used?