Mac "Photos" app automatically opening and loading SD Card

Antonis

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
23 minutes ago, Antonis said:

That doesn't work after I have formatted the card in camera. Which I do every after time I have offloaded the files.
So basically the mac sees it as a "new" card whenever I stick it in.

Format the card in computer? I think that's the only way Photos won't recognize it as a new/different card every time.

Super annoying!
But it seams that I found a fix:
You just need to open Terminal and paste the following line: defaults -currentHost write com.apple.ImageCapture disableHotPlug -bool YES

To reverse it back to normal just paste: defaults -currentHost write com.apple.ImageCapture disableHotPlug -bool NO

Source: http://petapixel.com/2015/12/21/stop-apple-photos-from-auto-launching-in-os-x-with-one-command/

25 minutes ago, Antonis said:

Super annoying!
You just need to open Terminal and paste the following line: defaults -currentHost write com.apple.ImageCapture disableHotPlug -bool YES

To reverse it back to normal just paste: defaults -currentHost write com.apple.ImageCapture disableHotPlug -bool NO

Source: http://petapixel.com/2015/12/21/stop-apple-photos-from-auto-launching-in-os-x-with-one-command/

That works. I tried it just before this was posted.

1 hour ago, Antonis said:

Super annoying!

Doesnt work for me. Still opens the app.

Created by Ben Balser / Published by CoreMelt

Every time you stick a camera card into a card reader, the Photos app will auto-launch asking to import it. That can be a royal PITA, and Apple has not provided a way to turn that off. And each time that card gets erased, recorded to, and put back into the card reader, Photos thinks it is a brand new card it has never seen.

This simple App allows you to disable and re-enable Photos automatically launching when an SD card or other type of image media is mounted.

your welcome guys. :)