Black magic unveils new camera

enny

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Richard Bugg said:

It's great that they've now got at least 8 record buttons, but I'm not sure if the placement is ideal from a usability point of view. As a helmet cam on a mountain bike those things could be inadvertently triggered by twigs and blowflies.

hahahahahahahhahhha

Yes BM should get the respect they deserve. They are renowned for their green screen work (Video Assist), and with this new release - like Nikon's compelling offering (Key Mission) - we have a new entrant in the action camera space. Apparently it's simply a BMPCC rehoused with a slightly larger battery. Now that it can record continuously for up to 3 minutes this micro miracle has caught the eye of Jeb Corliss, so much so he's jumped ship from GoPro to BM. For his next winged-suit adventure Jeb plans to strap one of these beauties on each limb then leap. I can't wait; the results will be spectacular.

• Super Members
42 minutes ago, tweak said:

We all laugh but it still arguably shoots a better movie than consumer dslrs...

Oh yeah, no question. That why I found the joke ironic given that Blackmagic is pretty much the only sub $1k camera that can compete with it. The joke kinda took a nosedive from the start :)

12 minutes ago, Leica50mm said:

When is this going to be available ?

You can buy one from me right now – Blackmagic has made me a beta tester due to my honor points on this forum. I have shot some excellent pyramid footage near my home that i cannot upload at this time. Please PM me for western union details