Dont forget Olympus (em1ii)

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, Ivanhurba said:

Better ergos, tilty-swively screen, IBIS and a flat profile. For video is a no brainer. For photo I'll be very interested in the final production camera focus speed and tracking ability, that's a tough call against the great XT2. @omega1978 said it wasn't so good, let's hope Oly can fix it.

Better ergos is debatable. The X-T2 has a LOG profile. And the Fuji color profiles are like having filmconvert built into your camera. 

I'm not saying it beats the E-M1 II-- it's way to early to say one way or the other-- but the Fuji is incredibly underrated, imo.

http://www.43rumors.com/ft3-olympus-e-m1ii-prices-leaked-in-australia/

"The Fuji X-T2 costs 2,299 AUS at CameraPro. This means the E-M1II price is 13% higher. So we can guess:

US price: X-T2 price at Amazon.com is $1,599. E-M1II price could be around $1799
Eu price: X-T2 price at Amazon.de is 1.699 Euro. E-M1II price could be around 1899 Euro.

As I said, the US and EU prices are just a guess. But it’s highly likely the E-M1II will be priced a bit above the Fuji X-T2."

If it finishes being like this with a decent tracking and without the distracting hunt I'm sold. I mean, I'm there already throwing money to the screen, but I must be doing something wrong; still no camera. I can't imagine how the people waiting for the GH5 feel!

20 hours ago, Ivanhurba said:

If it finishes being like this with a decent tracking and without the distracting hunt I'm sold. I mean, I'm there already throwing money to the screen, but I must be doing something wrong; still no camera. I can't imagine how the people waiting for the GH5 feel!

I saw another (promo) video of the Olympus. It seems to have excellent auto focus for video and superb IBIS (IBIS + OIS). Though Panasonic may not let it have 10-bit internal (that only the GH5 may have). After the release of the RX100v (that supposedly does 24fps with continuous autofocus), 15fps (18 electronic?) with continuous autofocus seems still decent (though not insane anymore).

I am also wondering whether the Dynamic Range has been improved. Overall this seems like the best mirrorless camera for Street and Sports Photography (including ones by Sony).

29 minutes ago, sanveer said:

I saw another (promo) video of the Olympus. It seems to have excellent auto focus for video and superb IBIS (IBIS + OIS). Though Panasonic may not let it have 10-bit internal (that only the GH5 may have). After the release of the RX100v (that supposedly does 24fps with continuous autofocus), 15fps (18 electronic?) with continuous autofocus seems still decent (though not insane anymore).

I am also wondering whether the Dynamic Range has been improved. Overall this seems like the best mirrorless camera for Street and Sports Photography (including ones by Sony).

10-bit is definitely awesome specially with a real Log, but I'd rather have 60p raw for photo and phase instead of DFD and JPEG until otherwise corrected :glasses:. My problem with the RX100V is that it makes the Olympus not so insane but you have to buy several cameras if you want to do different stuff. Selfie Vlogging RX100, photo-video a6500, dual card oh-no-crap-the-SD-failed-in-the-ceremony system a99II. I guess people will still complain about the small sensor and bigger DOF but all what Oly is offering in one single camera in contrast with all the money you have to spend with Sony makes Olympus look revolutionary!

I should shut up, I'm pumping up myself :tounge_wink:

1 hour ago, Ivanhurba said:

10-bit is definitely awesome specially with a real Log, but I'd rather have 60p raw for photo and phase instead of DFD and JPEG until otherwise corrected :glasses:. My problem with the RX100V is that it makes the Olympus not so insane but you have to buy several cameras if you want to do different stuff. Selfie Vlogging RX100, photo-video a6500, dual card oh-no-crap-the-SD-failed-in-the-ceremony system a99II. I guess people will still complain about the small sensor and bigger DOF but all what Oly is offering in one single camera in contrast with all the money you have to spend with Sony makes Olympus look revolutionary!

I should shut up, I'm pumping up myself :tounge_wink:

I am thinking of picking up one myself. Though I might wait a little causr I hardly get time to do photo and video work, and I have a lot of equipment I still haven't used. MaybeI shoot like crazy for the next couple of weeks to justify buying this.

3 hours ago, sanveer said:

I am thinking of picking up one myself. Though I might wait a little causr I hardly get time to do photo and video work, and I have a lot of equipment I still haven't used. MaybeI shoot like crazy for the next couple of weeks to justify buying this.

@sanveer you know you'll do it. The idea is growing inside you!
@Chris Oh thanks, a little fix until the arrival! And looking good!

It's a toss up between this and a GH5 for me, I think. The stabilisation is a big draw to this - Whether or not it will be compatible with my Metabones EF-MFT XL might also call it. I saw the none of the existing OM-D's are. What are you guys' guesses on it?

Would also be nice if it has some slow motion shooting options at decent bitrates

1 hour ago, ThomHaig said:

Would also be nice if it has some slow motion shooting options at decent bitrates

Based on these specs from Olympus' site you get a decent bit rate of 202mbps in 60p but only in 1280x720. FHD 60p gets 52mbps:

"[MOV]
4096 x 2160 (C4K) / 24p / IPB (approx. 237 Mbps)
3840 x 2160 (4K) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (approx. 102 Mbps)
1920x1080 (FHD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / ALL-I (A-I), IPB (SF, F, N)
1920x1080 (FHD) / 60p, 50p / IPB (SF, F, N)
1280x720(HD) / 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p / ALL-I (A-I), IPB (SF, F, N)
60p: 59.94 fps, 50p: 50.00 fps, 30p : 29.97 fps, 25p : 25.00 fps, 24p: 23.98 fps, C4K 24.00 fps
FHD ALL-I (A-I: ALL-Intra / approx. 202 Mbps), FHD IPB (SF: SuperFine / approx. 52 Mbps, F: Fine / approx. 30 Mbps, N: Normal / approx. 18 Mbps)
HD ALL-I (A-I: ALL-Intra / approx. 102 Mbps), HD IPB(SF : SuperFine / approx.26Mbps, F:Fine / approx.14Mbps, N : Normal / approx.10Mbps)"

7 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Based on these specs from Olympus' site you get a decent bit rate of 202mbps in 60p but only in 1280x720. FHD 60p gets 52mbps:

"[MOV]
4096 x 2160 (C4K) / 24p / IPB (approx. 237 Mbps)
3840 x 2160 (4K) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (approx. 102 Mbps)
1920x1080 (FHD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / ALL-I (A-I), IPB (SF, F, N)
1920x1080 (FHD) / 60p, 50p / IPB (SF, F, N)
1280x720(HD) / 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p / ALL-I (A-I), IPB (SF, F, N)
60p: 59.94 fps, 50p: 50.00 fps, 30p : 29.97 fps, 25p : 25.00 fps, 24p: 23.98 fps, C4K 24.00 fps
FHD ALL-I (A-I: ALL-Intra / approx. 202 Mbps), FHD IPB (SF: SuperFine / approx. 52 Mbps, F: Fine / approx. 30 Mbps, N: Normal / approx. 18 Mbps)
HD ALL-I (A-I: ALL-Intra / approx. 102 Mbps), HD IPB(SF : SuperFine / approx.26Mbps, F:Fine / approx.14Mbps, N : Normal / approx.10Mbps)"

oh cool, thanks for sharing that. That's a shame that 1080p 60Fps looks like it might be a bit soft. Very high at 720p though. I wonder if it would even look better shot 720p 60fps and upscale to 1080p, than just shooting 1080p 60fps, given the bitrates.