Dont forget Olympus (em1ii)

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, Ivanhurba said:

The only missing thing for m43 now is a good 17 1.2 lens. I hope tracking and focus transitions are smooth. 

The lack of this lens is like the only reason I've still not committed to the m43 system. But if they make it as big and expensive as the 25 then I'm out. 

25 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

The lack of this lens is like the only reason I've still not committed to the m43 system. But if they make it as big and expensive as the 25 then I'm out. 

You can certainly get there if you're willing to go w/speedbooster.  Although, something like this would be physically too big and too expensive after the speedbooster...

https://www.amazon.com/Sigma-Aspherical-Macro-Aperture-Cameras/dp/B00005RKSO

The expensive speedbooster opens up a lot of other lens choices.

Besides, at a certain point they're battling optical physics.  You can only make it so small and keep it fast, right?

1 hour ago, Inazuma said:

It's not that expensive if you compare it to Sony lenses for example. It will be big as you can't avoid physics but it won't be a behemoth. 25 is nice but it's not a focal lenght I like to use. 

1 hour ago, fuzzynormal said:

You can certainly get there if you're willing to go w/speedbooster.  Although, something like this would be physically too big and too expensive after the speedbooster...

https://www.amazon.com/Sigma-Aspherical-Macro-Aperture-Cameras/dp/B00005RKSO

The expensive speedbooster opens up a lot of other lens choices.

Besides, at a certain point they're battling optical physics.  You can only make it so small and keep it fast, right?

I'm going this route with the canon 24 1.4 but at some point it would be nice to have a fast native lens to cover it. 

@Ivanhurba @fuzzynormal the fujifilm 35mm f1.4 is $600 and weighs less than 200g. By comparison the new Olympus 25mm 1.2 is over 400g, longer and $1000.  There are a few m43 lenses that chase absolute clarity at the expense of size and price. I really feel this is a poor strategy.  

The Fuji 23mm f1.4 is 300g and $900. I hope if Olympus/Panasonic do finally make a 17mm f1.4 or f1.2 that they don't follow the same strategy as the 25mm. 

You can't really compare the prices to Sony because their FE lenses are obviously made for full frame and should be more expensive anyway. But their lenses are overpriced too anyway imo. Their quality is stunning obviously and so worth the price to some but they need cheaper alternatives. 

@Inazuma I haven't try the Fuji, but they have lots of experience with lenses and I'm sure the quality is extraordinary. I'm not worry about the weight coming from FF but performance in the Olympus has to be great even wide open. I know one thing for sure, They've learn how to tweak the settings for the testers. I saw this posted three hours ago :grin:

1 hour ago, Ivanhurba said:

@Inazuma I haven't try the Fuji, but they have lots of experience with lenses and I'm sure the quality is extraordinary. I'm not worry about the weight coming from FF but performance in the Olympus has to be great even wide open. I know one thing for sure, They've learn how to tweak the settings for the testers. I saw this posted three hours ago :grin:

Bad footage actually.. 

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Ivanhurba said:

Like all promo footage from all cameras Ive seen they go for the sharp and contrasty look. But I definitely think I see some potential in it. Given how the Pen-F and E-M5 worked Im pretty sure I could work with it. And then there is the flat profile to really make it shine.

This has made my expectations bigger :)

Almost Inspire 1-like with the wide angle and realistic look, rather than something a little more 'cinematic', but I agree on the potential! Need more sample footage! Preferably as well shot in cities, also with some longer focal lengths, shallower depth of field, lowlight and moodier grades. And a cute model perhaps... for ehhh... reviewing skintones. :grimace:  Ooh, and C-AF of course.

Rohnfelder is a photographer. I agree with you both @Cinegain and @Mattias Burling, it's shot with standard video settings, I'm sure he hasn't touch the sharpness setting which means, that if this is the standard setting it looks great and he obviously hasn't used the flat profile. Even after all this it looks great. At 00:18 there's a very high end Sony look to the waterfall, I was very surprised.

• Super Members
3 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

You think the Olympus will hold up to the xt2 ? Im really hoping so @Mattias Burling

If I ignore the low bitrate, the no mic input, the massive moire and the dreadful 30p only, my E-M5 was very fun to shoot. And the colors where just f....ng insane! Pen-f was also cool.

The xt2 seems nice. Fuji colors are just as good and its a very competent stills camera (I guess better for my type of stills).

But, I dont need my stills camera to very good at home since I use film. At work my camera is provided. And that IBIS really is something.

So in conlusion, I have tested some footage from the xt2 and its a top pick. But if the flat file from the Olympus delivers, which I suspect it will, the Oly might bring it home.

2 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

You think the Olympus will hold up to the xt2 ? Im really hoping so @Mattias Burling

Better ergos, tilty-swively screen, IBIS and a flat profile. For video is a no brainer. For photo I'll be very interested in the final production camera focus speed and tracking ability, that's a tough call against the great XT2. @omega1978 said it wasn't so good, let's hope Oly can fix it.