Dont forget Olympus (em1ii)

Mattias Burling

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

So, good and bad news at same time.

Have you noticed the AF hunting or just not smooth at all?

Did you notice if there would be any sort of eventual AF setting in order to slow down the transition?

Any word on availability?

No hunt,but the transition is very fast and lose the tracked face when the move sligtly or turn the head.ok,there was not very good light condition.

i have found nothing to chance in the menu about transition setting.only intelligent AF Face Tracking :)

The 12-100 is available in november,for the em1 nothing

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 hours ago, gatopardo said:

3 seconds maybe. The buffer doubled the size to 3gb. IF dual card is used to clear part of it 3 seconds might be possible...

How can you use dual cards to clear the buffer when the options are Standard, Auto Switch, Dual Independent, Dual Same?

And only one of the card slots is UHS-II, my guess is that's going to be the only one you can do the 60fps burst.

I'm going to be traveling for a few months starting in December, this could be the ultimate travel camera, just won't be out in time for me.

6 hours ago, teddoman said:

Just noticed that the original press release says "read speed three times faster than that of the predecessor model for effective suppression of movement distortion"

Sounds like they're advertising improvement in rolling shutter

I guess rolling shutter effect will be similar to Fuji Xt-2. 3x faster but also 3x or more the pixels to read if full sensor is read vs prior pixel binning. 

For me, this camera is very good. But IQ will depend very much on the color profiles ( especially the the flat one and its DR ), how sharpness / detail is worked in camera and how the codec handles motion. This things don't come in the specs and are central for a good image. For that we just have to wait for good testing of the camera. Impossible to know earlier. I hope it's not as sharp (too sharp IMHO) , bad color, prone to motion artifact, and hot as the a6300. Makes moving images horrible and long recording times impossible. Hate that camera but good specs.  

Vitaly from PersonalView shared some exciting rumors:

• Both include dual cards support, but with only one being UHS-II. 
  • Both support 422 10-bit video, but Olympus got LSI with agreement to restrict it to HDMI output.
  • Both cameras will have impressive burst performance.
  • LSI supports new sensor based 5-axis stabilization algorithms (it means that it has necessary outputs to all coils and things). Will be strange to not see it in flagman. Stabilization algorithms sharing was one of points in new agreement rounds (long time ago).
  • GH5 sensor will be custom.
  • Some quiet talks are also about special film like filters ala Fujifilm.

Will we see 10bit output from Olympus? 

On 9/23/2016 at 6:26 PM, The Chris said:

Still the 24/30p bitrates are pretty nice. Everyone is talking about the 4k stuff, but the 1080p does 202mbps. Since RS on all the current 4k cameras is significantly better in HD, this could be one badass handheld cam when you just need HD as well.

This link has a few additional details regarding it's video capabilities and it looks like 60p does not support 202mbps.

"Frame rate for ALL-Intra (202 Mbps) is 30P, 25P, and 24P only."

On 9/24/2016 at 11:48 AM, omega1978 said:

No hunt,but the transition is very fast and lose the tracked face when the move sligtly or turn the head.ok,there was not very good light condition.

i have found nothing to chance in the menu about transition setting.only intelligent AF Face Tracking :)

The 12-100 is available in november,for the em1 nothing

Face detection works really badly on GH4 also, other modes might be improved?

I'm not really sure where this shared LSI stuff comes from.  Even if it's true they are different sensors and totally different technology approaches. 

Olympus really are leaps ahead in the way they do IBIS.  There are fundamental differences even between the em5 and the em1 for example. 

Im fairly certain the HDMI output on the 1 will be 8 bit :-) (though I've been wrong before)

jb  

I shoot 35mm film with an Olympus OM2N. Will my 50mm 1.8 zuiko lens  fit the EM1MkII without an adapter or is the OM mount not the same as the EM1's mount? Posting because I haven't actually researched this topic that much. That 50mm from the OM line just looks awesome on my film camera!

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

I shoot 35mm film with an Olympus OM2N. Will my 50mm 1.8 zuiko lens  fit the EM1MkII without an adapter or is the OM mount not the same as the EM1's mount? Posting because I haven't actually researched this topic that much. That 50mm from the OM line just looks awesome on my film camera!

The digital Olympus cameras of nowadays have a 4/3" sensor with Micro Four Thirds mount. It's different. You will need an adapter to mount classic 35mm film system lenses.

My pick would be a Kent & Faith (K&F Concept) one, as seen for example here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-OM-lens-to-MICRO-4-3-M4-3-adapter-Ring-GH1-E-P1-E-P2-High-Precision-SALE-/191634180837 . Of course, you can also go with Leinox or Fotga for example. Respectively found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEINOX-OM-M4-3-Adapter-Ring-OlympusOM-Lens-to-Micro-4-3-Body-GX1-G5-GF5-EPL5-/291566575237 and http://www.ebay.com./itm/Olympus-OM-lens-to-Micro-4-3-M4-3-adapter-Ring-G10-G6-GH3-GH2-GH1-E-5-E-P3-E-M5-/272402527407 .

* just be aware of the crop factor

42 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

The digital Olympus cameras of nowadays have a 4/3" sensor with Micro Four Thirds mount. It's different. You will need an adapter to mount classic 35mm film system lenses.

My pick would be a Kent & Faith (K&F Concept) one, as seen for example here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-OM-lens-to-MICRO-4-3-M4-3-adapter-Ring-GH1-E-P1-E-P2-High-Precision-SALE-/191634180837 . Of course, you can also go with Leinox or Fotga for example. Respectively found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEINOX-OM-M4-3-Adapter-Ring-OlympusOM-Lens-to-Micro-4-3-Body-GX1-G5-GF5-EPL5-/291566575237 and http://www.ebay.com./itm/Olympus-OM-lens-to-Micro-4-3-M4-3-adapter-Ring-G10-G6-GH3-GH2-GH1-E-5-E-P3-E-M5-/272402527407 .

* just be aware of the crop factor

Ahhh bummer! Thats what I was thinking but I was somehow naively hoping otherwise! Looks like an awesome camera never the less

Might not have a big boy sensor... but if it's able to play its cards right... this could be the ultimate camera! I honestly can't find much to fault it on. All comes down to... will it keep up in the video department? Or will it be riddled with stuff like moiré and compression artifacts?