Dont forget Olympus (em1ii)

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, DPC said:

I'm wondering if there isn't a difference between the degree of stabilisation that is effective for stills and what you would need for smooth video movement. For a start, I don't think IBIS will help keep your horizon straight...

It does on the other Olympus cameras. But you of course have to try to keep it straight in the first place. The ibis will reduce the small shakes and vibrations.

A couple more tidbit.

http://www.mirrorlessons.com/2016/09/22/olympus-om-d-e-m1-mark-ii-extra-information

There is no sensor crop for both UHD and Cinema 4K unless you activate digital stabilisation in addition to 5-axis IS (8% crop).

Continuous AF will be available with the same features as for stills. You can vary the exposure while recording.

3 hours ago, hoodlum said:

Great article, but AARRRRGH!!!!

Exposure compensation for Auto ISO in Manual shooting mode

We double checked on an E-M1 II sample and unfortunately this option is not available.

We have to let them know left and right this is important for photo and video!

1 hour ago, ntblowz said:

60P RAW can shoot more than 1seconds! Cheap 5k60P RAW camera for short burst shot

Yeah, we'll see about that.  If two really fast SD cards are used and we can squeeze out 3 or 4 or 5 seconds with a minimal delay to the next burst, then it could be a very useable tool.  There are numerous way that would be helpful, even for me, a guy that does mostly doc stuff.

Nothing to do but to wait and see what the reality is when it hits the streets.

31 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Yeah, we'll see about that.  If two really fast SD cards are used and we can squeeze out 3 or 4 or 5 seconds with a minimal delay to the next burst, then it could be a very useable tool.  There are numerous way that would be helpful, even for me, a guy that does mostly doc stuff.

Nothing to do but to wait and see what the reality is when it hits the streets.

Are you already multiplying by 2.5x (conformed to 24p)? If not, hard to believe they will give you a chance for useful 8-12 seconds @5K RAW (moreover, slowmotion!) for a grand. That would really be the craziest bang for the buck ever seen... XD

Lets slow the 4k/60 raw roll a bit. The em5mkII with its 14MB raws can do 50 before the buffer fills, the Pen F's raws are just over 17MB - even if they doubled the buffer size we're still only talking about ~80 frames before it fills. 4, 5 or 8 seconds isn't going to happen. And it's only S-AF, so you're only guaranteed to get one frame in focus. Thankfully its with the E-shutter, so less wear on the mechanical shutter.

Still the 24/30p bitrates are pretty nice. Everyone is talking about the 4k stuff, but the 1080p does 202mbps. Since RS on all the current 4k cameras is significantly better in HD, this could be one badass handheld cam when you just need HD as well.

15 minutes ago, The Chris said:

Lets slow the 4k/60 raw roll a bit. The em5mkII with its 14MB raws can do 50 before the buffer fills, the Pen F's raws are just over 17MB - even if they doubled the buffer size we're still only talking about ~80 frames before it fills. 4, 5 or 8 seconds isn't going to happen. And it's only S-AF, so you're only guaranteed to get one frame in focus. Thankfully its with the E-shutter, so less wear on the mechanical shutter.

Still the 24/30p bitrates are pretty nice. Everyone is talking about the 4k stuff, but the 1080p does 202mbps. Since RS on all the current 4k cameras is significantly better in HD, this could be one badass handheld cam when you just need HD as well.

3 seconds maybe. The buffer doubled the size to 3gb. IF dual card is used to clear part of it 3 seconds might be possible...

1 hour ago, gatopardo said:

3 seconds maybe. The buffer doubled the size to 3gb. IF dual card is used to clear part of it 3 seconds might be possible...

3 second equals 180 frames.  180 frames is 7.5 seconds when conformed to 24fps, so, hey, useful for some stuff if you want to do a slow-mo montage or some such.  Personally, I wouldn't be basing an entire purchase around RAW burst mode, just saying it would be fun to have and I could see utilizing it productively if it was there.

33 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

3 second equals 180 frames.  180 frames is 7.5 seconds when conformed to 24fps, so, hey, useful for some stuff.  Personally, I wouldn't be bassing a purchase around RAW burst mode, just saying it would be fun to have and I could see utilizing it if it was there.

Hey, 7.5 seconds might already be something! It is slowmotion, don't forget. Don't recall those boring Vimeo clips to mimic Hollywood where minutes can last hours in endless pieces taken by your mind. To compete with the usual stuff of cats, dogs, babies or flowers, when not the dull girlfriend to show up the shooter knows how to give us the core of shallow DOF.

39 minutes ago, omega1978 said:

i have had in hand the em1 II yesterday on Photokina with the 12-100.stabilization is impressiv even on 100 mm.the AF with face detection works strange with very harsh transition

So, good and bad news at same time.

Have you noticed the AF hunting or just not smooth at all?

Did you notice if there would be any sort of eventual AF setting in order to slow down the transition?

Any word on availability?