Dont forget Olympus (em1ii)

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
24 minutes ago, Zach Ashcraft said:

60 FPS RAW stills with no AF. Holy poop. 

I wonder if we could lock it to 24fps with a decent recording time :) 

Or Premiere time interpolation is clever enough to push 18 to 24fps without visible artifacts. 

But in any case, 237Mbps in Cinema 4k with IBIS and 3X less rolling shutter is already super useful. 

The specs seem INSANE. Either it's a HUGE JOKE, or Olympus will effectively bring the end of a few DSLR makers.

"... will be equipped with the newly-developed high-speed TruePic VIII Image Processor which is 3.5 times faster than previous TruePic processors and a new 20.4 megapixel Live MOS sensor equipped with 121 points of cross-type on-chip phase detection and contrast detection AF. These technologies will work with the camera’s electronic shutter to provide full resolution images at up to an unprecedented 60 frames per second in AF and AE lock, and up to 18 frames per second with continuous AF and AE tracking."

https://m.dpreview.com/news/9740173952/olympus-announces-e-m1-mark-ii-development

Digital Cinema Standard 4K videos

The OM-D E-M1 Mark II will support Digital Cinema Standard 4K (4096 x 2060 pixels) video capture*9 at a 24P frame rate and a bit rate of up to 237 Mbps for authentic movie production. The 20.4 megapixel Live MOS sensor will provide a read speed three times faster than that of the predecessor model for effective suppression of movement distortion, resulting in sharp, clear image quality. The video-specific picture mode "Flat" will be ideal for color grading and finishing the footage exactly as envisioned by the videographer.

DCI 4K @ 237 Mbps and much better rolling shutter performance according to the PR.

4 minutes ago, sgreszcz said:

Will be interesting to see how the AF works with video and the enhance PD-AF and the C-AF.  Would be good to get something comparable to Canon's AF.

This will be the tipping point for me in choosing a new m4/3 body.  Panasonic's DFD isn't cutting it for me for run-and-gun scenarios, and I'll likely pass on the GH5 if it doesn't have some sort of PDAF or dual pixel for improved C-AF. 

16 minutes ago, sgreszcz said:

Will be interesting to see how the AF works with video and the enhance PD-AF and the C-AF.  Would be good to get something comparable to Canon's AF.

If video AF makes this a bit like an a6300 but with IBIS, this could be interesting. No worries on Olympus holding back features to protect their full frame bodies. And m4/3 has a more developed and affordable lens system.

Here's another video ad touting the photography side of it:

29 minutes ago, teddoman said:

No worries on Olympus holding back features to protect their full frame bodies.

As an owner of 2 Oly cams, I've been sitting around trying to be patient as they play catch up with their video capabilities.  I still amaze myself how much I like using the EM5II.  

They may or may not meet and exceed Pany competition, but as long as they're in the ball park with what they're offering, I'll lean their way.  Can't help it, just like how they've designed and built their gear. 

4_E-M1II-150x150.jpg

Oh boy! I was afraid they were going to put all the focus on stills and keep its video capabilities on the very down-low... (keeping the E-M5-line more video centric), but it seems, on paper, this might have it all... the only thing I'm scared for now is like crazy shot ruining moiré or something. This seems like a hybrid dream. Hopefully I don't have to wake up to a cruel reality. I'm loving it! New sensor tech. Superfast readouts/processing. 4K. Dual cardslot, improved AF, vari-angle screen, mic in+headphone jack, timecode even, flat profile, legendary Oly stabilization. It's all there. The only reason to get the GH5 is the cinema application shooting with stuff like LOG and anamorphic ratios and de-sequeeze. Super exciting!

2 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

As an owner of 2 Oly cams, I've been sitting around trying to be patient as they play catch up with their video capabilities.  I still amaze myself how much I like using the EM5II.  

They may or may not meet and exceed Pany competition, but as long as they're in the ball park with what they're offering, I'll lean their way.  Can't help it, just like how they've designed and built their gear. 

4_E-M1II-150x150.jpg

I've always wondered what would happen if Panasonic had 5 axis IBIS and PDAF. I'd buy that. Now it looks like Oly *may* be first to the punch in combining the best of both.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but there were some problematic sections of their marketing videos, like the shots of water. If those were shot on a prototype of the new E-M1 mark II, that's not a good selling point. But I guess those could have easily have been filmed on some other equipment.