Lumix G80/ 81, FZ2000 and LX15

sanveer

this camera is superb , I've had to keep off the forum for a few months as a Panasonic Ambassador as I was not alowed to talk about it , But I tried the G80 3 months ago and was very very impressed especially with the Image stabalisation ! rolling shutter is also massivlly better its a huge leap forward and improvement , I'm shooting my whole next feature film with 6 of these new G80s they are that good .  buy it!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, andy lee said:

this camera is superb , I've had to keep off the forum for a few months as a Panasonic Ambassador as I was not alowed to talk about it , But I tried the G80 3 months ago and was very very impressed especially with the Image stabalisation ! rolling shutter is also massivlly better its a huge leap forward and improvement , I'm shooting my whole next feature film with 6 of these new G80s they are that good .  buy it!!

When/how did you become a Panasonic ambassador? And can you confirm its internal recording specs?

That's quite a good endorsement for the G80. I am changing my mind and buying it. Will just wait a while as my G7 is less than a month old and maybe Panasonic will have a £100 cashback on it at some point like they just did with the G7. Pretty much a certain buy if the video is better than the G7 (which I bought partly due to raving reviews from people like Andy). It is around a third of the price of the GH5 and certainly won't have an image 3 times worse.

Could use the money saved to consider the 8-18mm lens which might be awesome, like allowing filters and no purple blobs like you get with the 7-14mm.

Edit: there is already a pretty good deal on it in UK- free battery grip which is a big deal with their little batteries. I am guessing this is worth around £150.

3 hours ago, Inazuma said:

When/how did you become a Panasonic ambassador? And can you confirm its internal recording specs?

I shot a feature film with 6 Panasonic G7s earlier this year , Panasonic UK supported the movie and provided the cameras and asked me to become an Panasonic Ambassador as they like my work as a DP / cinematographer , and asked me to tec meetings with the Japanese Engineers for Cameras and Lenses etc I'm not alowed to talk about this at all ...yet , The G80 is 422 external for sure via HDMI out  , I will have one to test for a week in 10 days time so watch this space.

32 minutes ago, andy lee said:

I shot a feature film with 6 Panasonic G7s earlier this year , Panasonic UK supported the movie and provided the cameras and asked me to become an Panasonic Ambassador as they like my work as a DP / cinematographer , and asked me to tec meetings with the Japanese Engineers for Cameras and Lenses etc I'm not alowed to talk about this at all ...yet , The G80 is 442 external for sure via HDMI out  , I will have one to test for a week in 10 days time so watch this space.

Please tell them to give us IBIS in the GH5 too and more than all a decent AF in video (DPAF) like the new Olympus EM1. Does. 

Those two features added to what they announced today will make it the best camera on the market for low budget video. 

I will buy it instantly but not without those two features. Canon, Sony, Olympus all have good AF in video now. 

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

FZ2000 is impressive!  Just wish they'd gone with constant f2.8 and a shorter zoom range. Like the Sony RX10 mk1/mk2 series.

G80 is very appealing just for the IBIS but I think I'd rather get a heaps cheaper secondhand G7

The g7 was cheap last November with the huge discounts Panasonic was giving. It is probably one of the best deals around. 

G7 was cheap 3 weeks ago. Just got to keep an eye out for Panasonic special offers. Given that I don't need weather sealing or stabilisation; I will probably stick with my new £299 G7, now that 4:2:0 is confirmed. Then revise things in 6 months or so when the big boy (GH5) is released.

G80/85 footage looks nice. Am surprised to see that these videos are shot with CineLikeD. I know many suspected that Panasonic tweaked their color science a little after the release of the GX85, and I think these videos may prove that. 

Has there been any word if the HDMI out can be downsampled to 1080p in camera like the GH4? If so, the modest an inexpensive Ninja Star could be used to record high bitrate ProRes. That would really make this camera interesting, otherwise it's really just a GX80/85 with an EVF and a mic input and the CineLike profiles if they matter to you.

On 19/9/2559 at 5:24 AM, wolf33d said:

Please tell them to give us IBIS in the GH5 too and more than all a decent AF in video (DPAF) like the new Olympus EM1. Does. 

Those two features added to what they announced today will make it the best camera on the market for low budget video. 

I will buy it instantly but not without those two features. Canon, Sony, Olympus all have good AF in video now. 

Em1 mark2 had cross type(PDAF) for what?

You knew all M4/3 lens had Contrast Base mechanism,they will move multiple direction +/-,left/right,in/out for most contrast on subject.

but pd mechanic lens has certain direction,and distance they move once(or least) for focus on subject.

and you want Lumix Phase Dectect,Which lumix lens had direction controller(single chip)?

I do not Know,Now.

8 hours ago, Hanriverprod said:

Panasonic G85/G80 and FZ2500 Review. G85 video review is short, but they shot the FZ2500 part with it.

The G85 review was shot on a FZ2500. Is it me or does the FZ2500 makes faces chalky, obscuring detail, and did it once create banding on the face as the original iteration of the DVX200 did?

Yeah, it didn't look great. I'm more interested in the LX10 to be honest with you. With that 1.4-2.8 lens and 5-Axis, it could be an epic B-Cam to a G7, G85, or GX85... Or a great C-Cam to the GH4, GH5. But I would probably use it as an A-Cam for some insane guerilla filmmaking. You can take that thing anywhere and shoot a scene invisibly. 

1 hour ago, Philip Lipetz said:

The G85 review was shot on a FZ2500. Is it me or does the FZ2500 makes faces chalky, obscuring detail, and did it once create banding on the face as the original iteration of the DVX200 did?

IQ was explained in the video as a consequence of 8mpx crop of 20mpx sensor, slow lens and noise being interpreted as focus by focus peaking, so some shots were mis-focused. Also missing was v-log.

15 minutes ago, JurijTurnsek said:

IQ was explained in the video as a consequence of 8mpx crop of 20mpx sensor, slow lens and noise being interpreted as focus by focus peaking, so some shots were mis-focused. Also missing was v-log.

It was universal.  In every shot. Even when his hair is in focus. The same processing error that plagued the DVX200, even down to bands of discoloration on the face.  Not that evident in the G80/81/85