Lumix G80/ 81, FZ2000 and LX15

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I dunno whether this is the Final price, but pocket-lint claims, that the price of the Panasonic G80 is £699 ($911) Body Only. 

I am guessing, then, that the price of the G80 would be $999 with a kit lens

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138806-photokina-2016-all-the-best-new-cameras-for-2016-from-the-show

11 minutes ago, sanveer said:

I dunno whether this is the Final price, but pocket-lint claims, that the price of the Panasonic G80 is £699 ($911) Body Only. 

I am guessing, then, that the price of the G80 would be $999 with a kit lens

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138806-photokina-2016-all-the-best-new-cameras-for-2016-from-the-show

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1280825-REG/panasonic_dmc_gm85kbody_lumix_dmc_g85_mirrorless_micro.html

$697, body only

9 minutes ago, John Matthews said:

The $697 Body only price is a mistake. B&H seems to have removed that from the search results, though they have inadvertently, forgotten to remove the URL, that you just posted. 

The price is extremely competitive. I noticed some very interesting features, on this one, from the Imaging Resource website:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-g85/panasonic-g85A.HTM

• " .. due to the G85's more durable construction (more on that later), the shutter is also quieter than not only the G7 but also the GX85 by about four decibels. Not only is it sturdy, lightweight and compact, but it's also very quiet, making it an excellent choice for events, ceremonies, and other sound-sensitive environments .."

Interesting. This must be due to the weather-sealing. I wonder how much the 4 Extra Decibels translates in real terms. Would one actually be able to use it at live events, without a plethora of abuses being hurled. :confused:

• "Panasonic is claiming up to 5-stops of image stabilization correction, besting the 4-stop, first-generation Dual I.S. system of the GX85. According to Panasonic, the new system, by way of the Venus Engine processor, controls both the lens' optical I.S. system and the sensor-shifting mechanism simultaneously for better angle compensation. This new stabilization system should provide up to 5-stops of correction all the way out to an equivalent focal length of about 280mm ..."

This will offer one stop of better shake compensation over the GX85. I am suspecting, it is due to the heavier body, and not the MagAlloy front side, like Panasonic Claims. Panasonic may have discovered it by accident. :glasses:

• " .. front face of the camera's chassis is solid magnesium alloy, while the top and back panels are both polycarbonate."

Interesting ONLY the front side of the camera is magnesium alloy. The back is still, surprisingly, plastic. Drop it, on the front side, if you must :dizzy:

• "G85 does have in common with the GH4's video options includes Cinelike D and Cinelike V picture styles for increased dynamic range in videos and easier color grading capabilities"

I guess everyone knew this would get CinelikeD and CinelikeV. Though, they don't mention anything about VLog, which is appears not to be a feature available.  

Just now, John Matthews said:

Not everyone here has the funds to get the latest and greatest. The GX80's popularity on these forums was due to the incredible value offer it represented IMO...

Exactly. Especially if you are not using many of the video features. 

1 minute ago, Hanriverprod said:

Thanks for posting.

14 minutes ago, John Matthews said:

Not everyone here has the funds to get the latest and greatest. The GX80's popularity on these forums was due to the incredible value offer it represented IMO...

I am in that camp of people at the moment. Just got the G7 to partly make £335 from selling GH4. But I think 10 bit 4:2:2 will make a lot of us get a new credit card if need be.

2 minutes ago, Mat Mayer said:

I am in that camp of people at the moment. Just got the G7 to partly make £335 from selling GH4. But I think 10 bit 4:2:2 will make a lot of us get a new credit card if need be.

You might need to add on top of that a new 4k display, video card, drives, etc. :) Personally, I'm just going to "rough it" with the GX80 for awhile longer, even after considering some of these cool features in the G80.