GH5 Prototype

sanveer

3 minutes ago, sanveer said:

I believe he said it will be introduced in the 1st Quarter of 2017. So about 6 months or (much) less. I hope the option to have IBIS On and Off is an option, especially considering the recording time, the noise picked up by the on-board mic etc etc

I think he said first half of 2017 but we could get lucky. It's just that when they give these sorts of estimates it usually ends up shipping right at the end. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
39 minutes ago, Mckinise said:

Pre-orders for the GH5?  I see links for the other 3 cameras, but not it.

Yes, at cyberphoto.se
No idea about other countries.

That XLR-thing made it a bit more interesting. But now I can only think about the new MF Fuji and hoping it will be within a reasonable budget for me.

Is depressing reading on other places on the internet how quick the anti-MFT trolls are out, and of course their first red herring is "but it sucks at low light".

This low light argument reminds me of the megapixel race, sure there was big benefits from going from 2 megapixels to 5 megapixels, 12 megapixels, but then at around 16 megapixels to 24 megapixels range... the arguments got a *lot* weaker. And for 99.9% of users we don't need 50 megapixels!Ditto low light, not being constrained by 50 ISO film is *AWESOME*, then getting to 200 ISO... great! And now we can do workable 800 and 1600 and even 3200 ISO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyeKIOV-EZw

Let's assume GH5 carries on and is one stop better even than that? How is that not a very workable ability to handle?

Do we NEED to have clean 100,00 ISO?? Nah, that is over the top in nearly all cases. 

I'd rather pass on the unnecessary over the top extreme high ISO capabilities and have instead the well polished and extensive range of features that the GH5 will have.