GH5 Prototype

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Before and after grading on GH5.  Video with downloadable clips (4K/60 and 422 10bit mixture) online soon.  Lowlight tests tomorrow.

No clue where our official video is...maybe they hated it :)

1.jpg

Is that internal vlog or cined?

2 hours ago, mercer said:

Is it just me or does there seem to be a gap in Panasonic's camera market? It seems like they are missing a camera model in the $1200 - $1500 range. A G85 with some extra features?

Not really. If anything, they've provided us with options like no other. They're all somewhat close, yet different. (GH2, GX7, GH3,) GH4, G7, GX80, GX8, G80, GH5. Which other brand does that? The NX1 and NX500 were rather different. The A5100 has no successor, the A6300 was followed up by its direct successor the A6500. X-T2 is the first real endavour of Fujifilm is this direction. Think the gap between the G80 and GH5 sorta makes sense. There's a lot of people who want a flagship camera but do not necessarily need all the advanced video features of the GH-line. Well, that's exactly what the G80 already is, a hybrid flagship. They didn't leave out a mic-in and Cinelike profiles like on the GX80, there's some clear difference in positioning and price. The GH5 takes up a lot of research development and it sorta benefits from having some of the features 'tested'/getting implemented first on the more entry level models. All these things we ask of it to do... it costs money. Sure, like V-LOG L you could opt for a model that lets you unlock all the individual strengths it has. Maybe you don't need V-LOG L, or an anamorphic mode or slow motion and then you buy the camera for 1499 and have to pay for the individual upgrades. But before you do that kind of market survey to estimate where you'd be grossing out, you might as well make the camera that does it all and sell it for the price it needs to be.

Where I do see a gap in the market... something like the BMPCC. A handheld, portable cinema shooter that does RAW DNG/ProRes. Because if you want to shoot like an ARRI/RED/BMD/Kinefinity/Sony, cinema style... or the Varicam even... the proper cameras are either too bulky or unreachable for us peasants. The BMPCC really changed that. Especially when it was on sale for 475 EUR (I remember everybody was like 'oh! Must mean a v2.0 will be released soon, I'll wait for that one!). So... speaking of a gap... if either Blackmagic Design or Panasonic would step it up with a RAW DNG/ProRes shooter at say 2499... That would be sick! The Craft cinema camera comes to mind. That was a good concept. Then again, that was about the only thing it was. xD If you add everything to a full BM46 or Kinefinity Terra, it's not that cheap either. Craft had worked out all the modules together would be $2,894. That would be quite a nice level up from a GH camera. Hope someone will offer something like it. Not a crazy fan of the BMD Production Camera, but that's about the only thing in the ballpark.

3 hours ago, Neumann Films said:

That shot is UHD 422 10bit.  There will be 5 downloadable shots, some 4K/60 8bit, UHD 24p 422 10, and UHD 30p 422 10.

Luke, thanks for all the info..great stuff. Two questions if you don't mind:

1. Can you shoot with the Viewfinder/LCD set to Black & White?

2. Can you set Crop Marks..like 1:85, 2:35, or 2:40 Crop Lines in Viewfinder and LCD...(like the A7S series) ?

Thanks man

3 minutes ago, lafilm said:

Luke, thanks for all the info..great stuff. Two questions if you don't mind:

1. Can you shoot with the Viewfinder/LCD set to Black & White?

2. Can you set Crop Marks..like 1:85, 2:35, or 2:40 Crop Lines in Viewfinder and LCD...(like the A7S series) ?

Thanks man

I heard something about crop marks at one time (early meetings) but that is all.  Who knows where it's at now.

I'm not sure about the LCD.  You can shoot with a REC709 LUT applied just to it so that makes me think it would be very much possible.

3 hours ago, Neumann Films said:

I heard something about crop marks at one time (early meetings) but that is all.  Who knows where it's at now.

I'm not sure about the LCD.  You can shoot with a REC709 LUT applied just to it so that makes me think it would be very much possible.

Hey thanks again for the info. Hope they do add these features.

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

Hi LAfilm Are you referring to Monochrome Live View?

jonpais - Yes, that's right. I should have used the word Monochrome but none of the young guys seems to know what I'm talking about when I say Mono. Maybe I'm getting  too old haha.

Do you have expierence with it? I haven't had this feature since the old days of "Digi Beta". I sure do miss it.

If they don't add the Crop marks it will force an external monitor to this system.

That would be a real shame since they seem to be listening to working videographers now.