GH5 Prototype

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
38 minutes ago, mercer said:

It starts at 11am, right? ... it's about 9:30am Vegas time.

Just realised that LA is eight hours behind London - thought it was five and therefore should have started 4pm my time (which was two hours ago).

That will explain the lack of interest across the internet :)

1 minute ago, SuperSet said:

Thanks for posting, specs looks great!  Colors are ok.  Still want to see Luke Neumann's video and input.

Yes, Luke - take lots of Red Bull and if necessary, break them down into one minute videos (low light, DR, AF, IBIS).

- 150mbps and 10bit make a pretty big difference IMO. 

- Will be able to test 180fps here in a couple of days, excited to see what the quality is like on that. 

- 6K photo mode isn't working yet, so no impressions there. 

- 4K photo mode is basically the same as it was on the GH4, 8 bit and 2880x2880 in 1:1 mode.  Hoping they can maybe work 10bit out in one of the photo modes for ana shooting.

- I was told by engineers that DR is one stop better.  Not totally sure on that, haven't tested.  Seems to be a bit better by my eye though.

- Low light...will really test tonight. 

- IBIS...changed my life.  I don't know if I can go back to anything else.  It's pretty awesome when paired with a lens that has stabilization.  One shot in our video was handheld and at 60fps, I stabilized in post and it might as well be a dolly shot.  So with a wide lens, dual IS, 60fps, and post...you can almost forego dollies.  Crazy

- The audio adapter thingy is pretty sweet.  Less cables = win in my book. 

- Colors seem better with V-Log, some of that could be 10bit 422, some of that could be tweaking V-Log?  Don't know

Our downloadable footage will be online soon so that everyone can make their own decisions/impressions.  I don't have a TON of experience with the GH line so I can't definitively say how it fares vs. GH4. 

Just now, funkyou86 said:

No clue, it isn't an option in our menus.  Wonder if it would just be AVCHD and it's updated?  Not listed as anything different in menu.  MP4 is the wrapper for all 10bit.

4 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

No clue, it isn't an option in our menus.  Wonder if it would just be AVCHD and it's updated?  Not listed as anything different in menu.  MP4 is the wrapper for all 10bit.

I'm just guessing, so they kept the .h264 for 10bit, right?

For more advanced users, multiple picture styles are available to provide a more gradable image, such as CINELIKE V and CINELIKE D, as well as an in-camera LUT to make monitoring easier. Also, users will have access to overcranking and undercranking settings which provide speeds up to 2.5x slower in 4K (60 fps) and 7.5x slower in Full HD (180 fps). Also, a 4K Anamorphic mode is available, which will let you record in a proper 4:3 ratio for adjustment in post-production. 

So we now have the option of LUT previews, for Cinelike D? :D LOL