GH5 Prototype

sanveer

There is no way for a perfect camera, humans are not perfect so they can not create perfect objects. 

At the time that the Sony, or Panasonic, or whoever, have the perfect 4K camera, 8K will be the next big thing. more bits, different codecs, new technologies, new mounts, more megapixles, bigger sensors (medium format will be a greater thing soonish), whatever, there will be always something better to crave.

I thought that this is common sense since the Assyrian empire or even before that.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

There is no way for a perfect camera, humans are not perfect so they can not create perfect objects. 

At the time that the Sony, or Panasonic, or whoever, have the perfect 4K camera, 8K will be the next big thing. more bits, different codecs, new technologies, new mounts, more megapixles, bigger sensors (medium format will be a greater thing soonish), whatever, there will be always something better to crave.

I thought that this is common sense since the Assyrian empire or even before that.

A five-week class with a professional cameraman for $600.00 would be money better spent than on all this gear.

There is useful know-how to learn from professionals and useless yadda yadda too... Such as same technique any curious shooter will find based on a few practice and self D2L ( desire to learn : ) The PRO tag means nothing at least to me. The amateur, on the other hand, is variably more prone to give something to the world, no less often much more than people are used to associate to the professional missing link.

An interesting piece of gear can always bring something in the right hands, for sure.

A piece of gear is a piece of gear, an experienced man willing to teach (and have the ability to do so) can make a revolution, and build more and better gear. 

There is no other way around it, humans build tools/machines. 

I was reading an estimate, that because 450-500.000 highly educated Greeks left the country for better job opportunities, the Greek state looses almost 30 billions per year, plus the money the state spend for the education of these people. And we are not talking about research NOT happen in this country, socio-political change that WON'T happen, evolution that will NEVER happen in this country, because the top people in their respected fields have abandoned the ship.

I wouldn't care for any materialistic thing that this nation misses right now, only the people. 

Humans evolved through "teaching", I thought that would be common sense too.

I was lucky, doing everything assistanc-y in the industry when very young (and learn from, at least experienced people), and educated my self in my country and abroad, having one or the other, wouldn't make me a balanced human being first, a better professional second.

Well, there's no interesting piece of gear without someone behind, oh my, the point beyond is the quality of someone behind ; ) I stand, PRO means three letters and a romantic idea as far as this topic concerns. A few of PRO people don't even share their secrets at all.

Well a lot of the Rumors seem to be spot on. 

It had a USB Type-C port, which may be a combination of power and speed, in terms of design.

I also realised, that if it is heavier than the GH4, the extra weight might help in havING more IBIS. Lighter bodies usually produce move shake, especially the short and lack of sturdy hands kind of shake

It's my guess that the heavier weight will add about 1/2 stop of IBIS to that on the G85. 

http://digicame-info.com/2017/01/post-876.html

Tomorrow is the premier of GH5. The camera will be in stores later in spring. They are making final adjustments for FW. I hope the GH5 will have:

-auto iso in M with EC for photos and video

-auto iso and shutter speed limit for photos and video

-showing exposure values in all video modes

-semi-auto exposure mode for video. Exposure, focus and AWB sets when starting the video and then stays unchanged. Canceled by pressing AE-lock.

-separate AE-lock, AF-lock and WB-lock (FN-buttons)

-all menu items for FN-buttons

-during dialing iso should not block seeing other values

-AF+MF should work all the time when ON. (not only with half press)

-manual focus shift (focus pull) via FN-buttons with adjustable speed

-EV comp and video buttons programmable for FN use.

-adjustable EVF sharpness

-EVF protecting cover

-sensor zooming or different crops for 4k video

-more accurate and wider histogram with better warnings (like in Olympus)

-My menu for favorite menu items

-symbol for idynamic and wind filter in displays

-ability to save the whole camera setup with names like indoors, outdoors, etc

-more range for bracketing (-2,0,+2)

-play button to right side via FN-button

-iso100 for video

-no need for using everything in manual if using very slow shutter for video (less than 1/25s)

These are little things and mostly doable with FW programming.

Probably... not? They're pretty hard on that DFD and given, it is pretty quick (just not very smooth or very accurate in continuous). In contrast, no pun intended, the E-M1 Mark II has 121 cross-type on-chip phase detection AF points... so I think the GH5 will remain to use contrast based detection, as we've seen in all their models previously, with the addition of depth from de-focus. Not expecting any magical changes in C-AF unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Probably... not? They're pretty hard on that DFD and given, it is pretty quick (just not very smooth or very accurate in continuous). In contrast, no pun intended, the E-M1 Mark II has 121 cross-type on-chip phase detection AF points... so I think the GH5 will remain to use contrast based detection, as we've seen in all their models previously, with the addition of depth from de-focus. Not expecting any magical changes in C-AF unfortunately.

Except they know it sucks in video and they know Their camera is video oriented. If even Olympus who is not video oriented has better CAF in video than them... they should question themselves. 

If no good C-AF in video then I am really disappointed by the GH5. Once you try this on a Canon body it's hard to look back

Well... brace for impact, in that case. :sweat_smile: Olympus had this autofocus horse shot of a few seconds at announcement that looked promising. However, I don't believe there's an substantial improvement for C-AF that much, it might be there, but it's more hit 'n miss and not as smooth as the dualpixel AF by Canon. They already had PDAF in the E-M1, but it was generally intended for the Four Thirds lenses and only assisted with Micro Four Thirds lenses, this time around it's for MFT all the way. Not sure if Panasonic wants to get into that as well, from the path they've taken, it wouldn't seem very likely I'd personally say. But hey, tomorrow we'll know. Longest 24 hrs ever!

3 minutes ago, Don Kotlos said:

"Its now confirmed, the GH5 will offer maximum bit rate of 400Mbps in 4K video! The 400Mbps will come as a firmware update on the second half of 2017. Right now, the the camera will be launched with 150Mbps."

Get your cards ready! (yes the ones that are not available yet :) )  

Bit disappointing but hopeful. My preferred range would have been 200-250mbps as a good compromise between quality and size for documentary shooting.