GH5 Prototype

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, shanebrutal said:

Could this be gh5 footage? Griffin Hammond is apparently working with panasonic on the gh5. YouTube says this vid is 4k60p.

I was wondering why they had all the lights off. Evidently a low light show off. 

Funny they leave the Sony headphones obviously on the table in front of them. 

Ah, his coming film about ICE is also GH5.

12 hours ago, Vesku said:

GH5 3.7 million dots EVF would be very helpful for seeing focus.

GH4:       2359k dots OLED EVF 0,67 magnification

GH5:       3680k dots OLED EVF 0,76 magnification (much bigger than GH4)

E-M1 II:  2360k dots OLED EVF 0,74 magnification

32 minutes ago, Davey said:

The GH5 is shaping up to be the best sub £2500 camera of all time. Panasonic are truly back on the map - they will shift tonnes of these in the time it takes for their competitors (at that price point) to catch up.

4k 60p will be the new prosumer baseline starting point.

Even though, under $1,999 shall be... :-)

This is start getting out of hand!

I am selling everything and waiting for the GH5!

My thing is, if you can afford all this technology on a 1999$ mirrorless body, why not a C100 killer on a more video orientated 4000$ body with variable sensor (a la LS300)?

I mean, the hordes of consumers buying like crazy a6000 and Olympus Pen and Canon M3(or 2, or whatever) are not going to be moved by things they do not even understand, a specialized run and gun 10 bit poetry for under 4999$ would be much better appreciated. 

Photo consumers are moved by things they don't understand/really need all the time, haha. Kinda reminds me a little of this:

I see no real reason for the GH5 to be a larger form factor if it can be fit into a photo-cam shape/size/weight. If Panasonic made a larger cam I would hope that it would be closer to the Varicams in ability. Like a super FS7.

Nice video, and so true!

They have two Varicams, and the one Light, which can be a super FS7 if you like (the "super" part makes it rather expensivy).

I would be more interested in a super FS5 (or a hyper C100) and I wouldn't mind if they called it a Varicam Micro, Mini, or whatever.

I am one of those people that find the C100 form factor as one of the best for doing run and gun video, which is 95% of my work.

It would be interesting to see such a camera with 180fps, 10bit internal, IBIS, whatever - everything for less than 5000.

and then I would have a G(X)85 - GH5 and a AF5, or whatever it is called. Covered from all sides, super happy!

If ANY of these rumors are true, the GH5 is going to be one monster of a Mirrorless Camera. For Video alone it will be super camera. If it does good photos too, it would be great. As a video camera it may actual signal Panasonic offering some good and healthy competition to Sony, especially for people willing to soend in the ballpark of $1999 and above. Except low light it might have all other necessary tricks up its sleeve.

http://www.43rumors.com/ft4-additional-gh5-specs-180fps-225-focus-points/

18 minutes ago, sanveer said:

If ANY of these rumors are true, the GH5 is going to be one monster of a Mirrorless Camera. For Video alone it will be super camera. If it does good photos too, it would be great. As a video camera it may actual signal Panasonic offering some good and healthy competition to Sony, especially for people willing to soend in the ballpark of $1999 and above. Except low light it might have all other necessary tricks up its sleeve.

Low light and DR are where it might still fall down, and that is sort of the 2 things we want the most in a Cine camera. Well Codec is up there also, so still not having too much hope on that being killer either.

But yes for the money it is going to offer probably more than ever before in a small package. I must admit probably not going to buy one, just too many of the things I want, including form factor, going to be missing. I really don't need 4k or 6k photos. if I wanted that I think I might go for the Oly EM1 mkII over the GH5. No way the focus speed or stabilazation on the GH5 is going to be better than the EM1 mkII. It will be better than the GH4.

But the GH5 will be a super camera even for the 2k cost. Nothing new is even close to it if specs come true. But there is some damn nice cameras used for that money, or a bit more I think I am more interested in, with a proven track record.

5 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Low light and DR are where it might still fall down, and that is sort of the 2 things we want the most in a Cine camera. Well Codec is up there also, so still not having too much hope on that being killer either.

But yes for the money it is going to offer probably more than ever before in a small package. I must admit probably not going to buy one, just too many of the things I want, including form factor, going to be missing. I really don't need 4k or 6k photos. if I wanted that I think I might go for the Oly EM1 mkII over the GH5. No way the focus speed or stabilazation on the GH5 is going to be better than the EM1 mkII. It will be better than the GH4.

But the GH5 will be a super camera even for the 2k cost. Nothing new is even close to it if specs come true. But there is some damn nice cameras used for that money, or a bit more I think I am more interested in, with a proven track record.

Dynamic range could be pushed of it probably does the Log even better. I suddenly suspect that the GH5 may actually be a multi-aspect sensor and thus different from the Olympus EM1 Mark ii.

I doubt whether the Dynamic Range will cross 13 stops (the GH4 was 12.8). Also, I wish Panasonic could consider 14 bit RAW or atleast very workable RAW photos. 

If it does 12 stops in video, it would be be good enough especially if it does 10 bit at pretty high megabits.

I wouldn't dismiss the focussing speed on the GH5, though the 6.5 stops of stabilisation (IBIS and OIS) on the EM1 mark ii is absolutely insane.

On 12/29/2016 at 7:51 PM, shanebrutal said:

Could this be gh5 footage? Griffin Hammond is apparently working with panasonic on the gh5. YouTube says this vid is 4k60p.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm not seeing anything earth-shattering about the image quality here, 4K 60p or no. Certainly nothing that would make me want to sell my offspring to buy a GH5. :)

6 hours ago, sanveer said:

All rumors so far have been great but it highlighted that Panasonic needed a better autofocus system and higher fps in 1080p.  I really hope this these rumors are true.  It's shaping up to be the ultimate camera.

7 hours ago, Kisaha said:

They have two Varicams, and the one Light, which can be a super FS7 if you like (the "super" part makes it rather expensivy).

I would be more interested in a super FS5 (or a hyper C100) and I wouldn't mind if they called it a Varicam Micro, Mini, or whatever.

I am one of those people that find the C100 form factor as one of the best for doing run and gun video, which is 95% of my work.

It would be interesting to see such a camera with 180fps, 10bit internal, IBIS, whatever - everything for less than 5000.

Yea, a super FS5 is more of what I was picturing- still m4/3, real video camera shape, but very small for such, and bigger than the GHs... just big enough to have real controls, ergos, XLR, ND, etc. Although then you're not a whole lot bigger than the GH5 with the XLR box, so maybe it's just not worth it at that point. And the GH5/XLR combo is pretty similar to the C100 shape and layout. Just needs a rotating grip and a tilting EVF.