GH5 Prototype

sanveer

4 hours ago, Dimitris Stasinos said:

I consider G7's footage acceptable at both iso 800 & 1600. What i am waiting for is a m43 camera with acceptable performance at 3200 iso. And as many here have already mentioned not every pro shooter uses lights. 

It depends on the pro level. Anyway... I second your expectations and liking :-)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 minutes ago, zetty said:

Not universally. There are fields where lighting is impractical, impossible or unnecessary.

Sure, "level" in my post also includes that.

Without mention sun, moon, low light from whatever source is light. Exposure is light.

There's no shooting without a lens aperture. And shutter to couple with, of course, where light is always exposed to the sensor in the digital realm.

(if we should express it in this way)

8 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Sure, "level" in my post also includes that.

Apologies for being anal, but "pro level" to me implies a level of expertise. The skills required in different fields are -- well, different, so you cannot universally say that a cinematographer who uses lighting is on a higher level that the one who doesn't (although it might well be the case).

14 minutes ago, zetty said:

Apologies for being anal, but "pro level" to me implies a level of expertise. The skills required in different fields are -- well, different, so you cannot universally say that a cinematographer who uses lighting is on a higher level that the one who doesn't (although it might well be the case).

You'll unlikely find no lights setup in a shot into a blockbuster production, as for instance. An events shooter living from his/her craft is as much professional as an acclaimed Academy award filmmaker. Different levels, obviously.

12 hours ago, Neumann Films said:

If you want to keep 5 axis IS that means you're using a lens that is f 2.8.  If you shoot 60p that's 1/120th and f 2.8, so having good performance at ISO1600 is key for some situations.

IBIS by itself is 5 axis, so I hope you mean dual IS (which the later discussion seems to be about). 

Other tests: in addition to the focus one, a test to see if you can punch in with manual focus while recording - or is that just a feature check?

On board flash and if so can one bounce it upwards?

How fast is wifi app connection/start up?

Can you program slow focus pulls?

Can you record 4k video starting in a photo dial mode (without turning photo mode on) (GH4 has to be in video or custom)

4 hours ago, shanebrutal said:

Could this be gh5 footage? Griffin Hammond is apparently working with panasonic on the gh5. YouTube says this vid is 4k60p.

Filmed using a Nocticron. Are there any 4/3rds cameras already shooting 4k 60p?

That has to be the GH5 and it looks amazing on my 5k iMac. Looks like they have vastly improved skin tones and the shadows are as clean as can be.

26 minutes ago, Davey said:

Filmed using a Nocticron. Are there any 4/3rds cameras already shooting 4k 60p?

Interesting, I can't download the 2160p60 version.  By the way that video is shot with two cameras the "room" camera is likely a different model/brand as it has different levels.

- There is quite some noise there though. In the close ups its ok, but when you look at the wide shot its bouncing around everywhere(look at the right guys pants). 
- The skintones look off to me, way too red. But it is winter, so that might also come into play.
- The image seems to be quite the same as the GH4, maybe somewhat cleaner and more detailed. But this footage does not have that wow factor to me, but it is a interview after all(but also the ice shots, look way too yellow and that hotspot behind the glass is drawing my attention. I feel like a 1DX II might have done a better job then this.  

But lets wait till next week, and hopefully some side by sides with other cameras will come out soon.

5 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

- There is quite some noise there though. In the close ups its ok, but when you look at the wide shot its bouncing around everywhere(look at the right guys pants). 

I suspect the wide short is a different model/brand camera.  The levels do not match.

@Neumann Films Ideas for standalone tests:

-ISO noise- same scene/shot, locked off on a tripod is fine, just roll through the ISOs and use shutter speed to keep exposure the same.

-Rolling shutter- if you could use the methodology from this thread:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?303559-Measuring-rolling-shutter-put-a-number-on-this-issue!

That would be great as then we would have a fairly standardized result that we can use to compare to other cameras ourselves.

-Battery rundown test- Set the cam to its most power-hungry settings (IBIS on, deep DOF and highest bitrate, AF and AE on, LCD max brightness, Wifi on, etc), and see how long the battery lasts. Maybe point it at the TV or out the window at some trees or traffic, so that there's some motion for the codec to encode.

17 minutes ago, aldolega said:

@Neumann Films Ideas for standalone tests:

-ISO noise- same scene/shot, locked off on a tripod is fine, just roll through the ISOs and use shutter speed to keep exposure the same.

-Rolling shutter- if you could use the methodology from this thread:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?303559-Measuring-rolling-shutter-put-a-number-on-this-issue!

That would be great as then we would have a fairly standardized result that we can use to compare to other cameras ourselves.

-Battery rundown test- Set the cam to its most power-hungry settings (IBIS on, deep DOF and highest bitrate, AF and AE on, LCD max brightness, Wifi on, etc), and see how long the battery lasts. Maybe point it at the TV or out the window at some trees or traffic, so that there's some motion for the codec to encode.

Definitely will if i can find the time.