GH5 Prototype

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You know I just noticed the New DJI x5s m4/3 Drone Camera just happens to have the same sensor! Interesting. It looks like Olympus, Panasonic, DJI, and hell maybe even Black Magic may all be in this on developemnt cost and sensor design??

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/11/15/djis-inspire-2-and-zenmuse-x5s-camera-auto-avoiding-5-2k-raw-aerial-video/

36 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You know I just noticed the New DJI x5s m4/3 Drone Camera just happens to have the same sensor!

How could you have possibly noticed that?

Nobody ever published the ID of the sensor model of the GH5.

Given the size of the order it's even possible to get modifications included or a different stepping for the same model.

10 minutes ago, marcuswolschon said:

How could you have possibly noticed that?

Nobody ever published the ID of the sensor model of the GH5.

Given the size of the order it's even possible to get modifications included or a different stepping for the same model.

So you think Panasonic has completely funded their own unique sensor? That would be a pretty expensive outlay if true for just one camera model that really doesn't sell that well because of high cost. You could be right.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

So you think Panasonic has completely funded their own unique sensor? That would be a pretty expensive outlay if true. You could be right.

No, I'm just asking you how you could possibly have noticed that they are definately the same sensor.

Please explain how you found that out for a camera that doesn't publicly exit yet!

It may be that they are all of the current generation made by Sony but that doesn't make it the same sensor. It would just explain very similar specifications.

1 minute ago, marcuswolschon said:

No, I'm just asking you how you could possibly have noticed that they are definately the same sensor.

Please explain how you found that out for a camera that doesn't publicly exit yet!

It may be that they are all of the current generation made by Sony but that doesn't make it the same sensor. It would just explain very similar specifications.

I have a slight feeling I have read somethings you haven't about it. I am not free to state source, sorry. But I could be wrong. Not the first time. :grimace:

New GH5 rumors

- 6k Photo and maybe also 6k video like in 4k Photo (6k sensor)
-  4k 60P
-  4k 30P 10bit 4:2:2 internal with maybe HDR video
– The GH5 has the in sensor stabilization just like the G80
– The camera has 2 SD card slots, maybe 4k+proxy recording
– No more limit about the duration of recording. 29 minutes in Europe.
– The audio XLR microphone hotshoe mounted I/O interface will be compatible with the DMC-GH4.
– It has full size HDMi
– The main sizes are identical of the GH4. Advantage : You can use ANY same accessory like Cage, Etc. from your previous GH3 or GH4.
– Panasonic plans to start shipping out the GH5 in March/April!
– Body only: Price will be between 1 800 € and 2 000 € in Europe for the DMC-GH5.
– Price will be ± 2 900 € for the DMC-GH5 + the new Panasonic Leica 12-60 Lens (not the older 12-60mm lens!)

http://www.43rumors.com/at-last-pana...1pm-wed-jan-4/

2 hours ago, Vesku said:

New GH5 rumors

- 6k Photo and maybe also 6k video like in 4k Photo (6k sensor)
-  4k 60P
-  4k 30P 10bit 4:2:2 internal with maybe HDR video
– The GH5 has the in sensor stabilization just like the G80
– The camera has 2 SD card slots, maybe 4k+proxy recording
– No more limit about the duration of recording. 29 minutes in Europe.
– The audio XLR microphone hotshoe mounted I/O interface will be compatible with the DMC-GH4.
– It has full size HDMi
– The main sizes are identical of the GH4. Advantage : You can use ANY same accessory like Cage, Etc. from your previous GH3 or GH4.
– Panasonic plans to start shipping out the GH5 in March/April!
– Body only: Price will be between 1 800 € and 2 000 € in Europe for the DMC-GH5.
– Price will be ± 2 900 € for the DMC-GH5 + the new Panasonic Leica 12-60 Lens (not the older 12-60mm lens!)

http://www.43rumors.com/at-last-pana...1pm-wed-jan-4/

These all sounds great however more importantly is there a dynamic range improvement and is there an improvement to the noise floor, if not it makes the whole 10 bit thing not more than a marketing gimmick.

37 minutes ago, Cary Knoop said:

These all sounds great however more importantly is there a dynamic range improvement and is there an improvement to the noise floor, if not it makes the whole 10 bit thing not more than a marketing gimmick.

No that is definitely not true. 10bits per channel offer a much denser space that can improve color reproduction and tonal differences while getting rid of artifacts like banding. Especially v-log with its ~12bits stops of dynamic range will benefit tremendously with the 10bit internal codec. 

Look at BM cameras for example, much less dynamic range in many of their cameras but amazing colors & tonalities. 

Here is an illustration of V-log with 10 & 8 bits:

http://www.provideocoalition.com/v-log-l-gh4-revisited-part-2/ Part 1 is also worth looking at. 

9 minutes ago, Don Kotlos said:

No that is definitely not true. 10bits per channel offer a much denser space that can improve color reproduction and tonal differences while getting rid of artifacts like banding. Especially v-log with its ~12bits of dynamic range will benefit tremendously with the 10bit internal codec. 

Look at BM cameras for example, much less dynamic range in many of their cameras but amazing colors & tonalities. 

Yes, 10 bit is VERY useful even without less noise for use in well lit environments.

(I'm using it regularly on the GH4 with external recorders and I'm not the only one. ;) )

However PLEASE, never ever meassure dynamic range in bits.

You can use dB or EV but never bit. A bit is a unit of information. (Much like a "nat", but with a logarithm to the base of 2 and not e.)

Dynamic range is a physical range.

It has nothing to do with how many bits the ADC on the sensor provides between black and white and it has nothing to do with the bit-depth the codec or output reserves for storing that quantified reading.