GH5 Prototype

sanveer

For now they can't talk pretty much about anything at all, so I'm guessing they are not that close to final product. It seems to me that the announcement was made too early just to have a flagship model presented at Photokina and to send a message to potential customers to be patient and not run to Olympus, Sony or Fuji.

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/09/20/photokina-2016-panasonic-gh5-questions/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is a very interesting development by Panasonic, however the details of the camera are far too scarce to get overly excited. 

Such as: 

1. Does it have IBIS (in 4k or just 1080 or nothing)? 

2. Can it output 4k60p 10bit over HDMI? 

3. Codec/bitrate? 

4. Dynamic range? 

5. The actual image quality itself - this is usually the pitfall of the "spec monster" cameras. 

24 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

when someone signs a non disclosure agreement, can they still talk about a product?  obviously, they can't reveal First hand knowledge, bUt what about simpLy taLking about tHe proDuct?  does anyone have soMe Info that could help me out? :)

Did you get a copy of the NDA?

Fingers crossed that Panasonic will also announce better noise handling & DR.

As always, Panasonic announces a product that is pushing the limits of technology and listening to it's customers while Canon plays catch-up with conservative, blandly specced and overpriced products. Unfortunately, Canon will probably out sell everyone. It seems like anyone wanting to take down Canon needs to focus on three things.

1) Glass, because that's the entire reason Canon outsells everyone (lots of headway made here lately).

2) Color, because that's the number 1 reason for not wanting to switch to better specc'ed cameras (lookin' at you Sony).

3) Service, because pro photo/video people need to be taken care of when equipment breaks and they're making a living with the equipment. Canon's pro service is second to none.

6 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

I should probably just play it safe.  Also, I just fixed the "Shift" key on my laptop.  :)

I can see it now...
"(FT5 Rumor) Luke Neumann leaks that new Panasonic GH5 will have the shift key fixed!!"

5 hours ago, sudopera said:

For now they can't talk pretty much about anything at all, so I'm guessing they are not that close to final product. It seems to me that the announcement was made too early just to have a flagship model presented at Photokina and to send a message to potential customers to be patient and not run to Olympus, Sony or Fuji.

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/09/20/photokina-2016-panasonic-gh5-questions/

Many were assuming that it would be unveiled at Photokina for an October release - I know that I was - so I think the timing of and the reasons for this press release is as you say.

• Super Members
3 hours ago, tristan said:

As always, Panasonic announces a product that is pushing the limits of technology and listening to it's customers while Canon plays catch-up with conservative, blandly specced and overpriced products. 

The difference being that Canon "released" cameras, Panasonic"announced".

I can do it to,

Hey everyone! I would like to announce a new camera. 16K 500fps Raw for $25. My moto is to let Panasony and Canikon play catch up. To be released later ;)

2 hours ago, resso said:

I'd say, over GH4

Let's realistically presume that. Even though, the question is very pertinent and sorta wishful thinking from all of us, as well. I bet their upgrade is more based on processing data than sensor related, this time. Hence, internal 10-bit 4:2:2, 4K@60fps, higher bitrate (even still under NDA for now). I hope to be pretty wrong on that one, though.