Yi (Xiaoyi) M1 is Official

sanveer

Yi (the makers of the Xiaomy Yi and Yi 4k Action cameras), have finally unveiled their M4/3 ILC. The pricing is extremely competitive, especially considering that they are using the 20MP Sony sensor in it. 

The write-up is quite lousy, and therefore it will take a few more days before people figure all the great features in it. I hope they have some nice LOG profile, and good sound options, for now. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

http://43addict.com/2016/09/19/xiaoyi-m1-coming/#more-386

Specs:
M4 3 Sony IMX269
20.16 million pixels
4K video quality Pioneer
Minimalist design
280g
Lightweight and portable
WiFi + BLE Bluetooth
Instant Share
Just to complete the operation phone Share
Shooting template
Master accompanying
Composition and post-processing setting a button to complete
Standard zoom kit ¥ 2199
Dual lens kit ¥ 2999

Yay, cheapest ever MFT 4K camera! :D 

I already have nearly a dozen Yi cameras (for 360VR), looking forward to checking out this new product! :-D

The lenses are very tempting too, as you have a cheap zoom starting at 12mm (unlike the common 14mm) and have a very affordable 42.5mm f1.8 macro! 

No mention of Image Stabilization for both their lenses and body or flat profile on their website and Dpreview's hands-on, could even be possible that it does not have a manual movie mode.

Hopefully Xiaomi sticks to updating this camera for the long run so we may see custom picture profiles or any missing features. Will be interesting to get body-only as this is the cheapest m43 mount 4k camera.

It's an interesting approach with some interesting things about it. Design and use philosophy are kinda cool. Price is right on the money! Would be cool, just as an alternate angle cam and fun little thing to just play around with. Don't think image quality and usability will be all that, but I know I gotta get my hands on one to find out! :grin:

On 9/20/2016 at 6:15 AM, IronFilm said:

The Yi Xiaomi Action Camera got quickly hacked so I'm feeling optomistic hackers might bring something AWESOME to the Yi M1 as well! :-D

Actually, I saw that the new 4k action cam too was hacked recently.

If they use the same kind of ARM chip and OS, I'm pretty confident about a hack :) That would be awesome :)

5 hours ago, Justin Bacle said:

Actually, I saw that the new 4k action cam too was hacked recently.

If they use the same kind of ARM chip and OS, I'm pretty confident about a hack :) That would be awesome :)

The 4K action camera has been hacked too? AWESOME!!!

What is new to it?

15 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Raw is obviously a sorta euphemism... :D

I really like the color. For $300, it may be worth a try. Will wait to see some other lenses used with it. 

Would also like to see 24p in their 2K mode at a better bitrate than the 15Mbps 24p in their 1080p.