Looking for a new field monitor. Resolution 1080p but needs to accept 4k

Stab

My current camera field monitor died today so I'm in the market for something new. With all the modern camera's offering 4k resolution, I need it to accept a 4k resolution input but it only needs a 1080p screen. Preferably 5.6 - 7 inch in size and not too expensive. < € 500 would be great.

I like the Blackmagic Video Assist but I'm not sure if that accepts 4k input. I'm not talking about the 4k version  which is way to expensive for me (and overkill)

Anyone has any other recommendations?

Oh yea, I shoot with Panasonics. GH3, GH4 and probably soon the GH5. So if you know if it works with these camera's without any problems, that would be great.
Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you're monitoring with it only and not externally recording... it doesn't really warrant getting a 4K input capable field monitor for your end uses?

The GH3 is 1080p. The GH4 can downconvert the output to 1080p and probably so will the GH5?

I think there's more problems with output/input framerates. Just check the specs and google experiences for that.

About the Video Assist... from what I remember it only takes 4K over SDI and then downconverts to 1080p for further use. If you're just looking for a monitor that's fairly affordable, I think the Aputure line-up could make sense for you? If you're interested in the Lilliput 663/O/P2... I replaced mine with the more portable Q5. Not sure if you care about portability (casual) or toughness and features (set-up/tripod/studio), but if you'd be interested to take the 663 of my hands... give me a shout.

Lilliput Q5 seems to tick most boxes for the right price. The afforementioned Ikan DH5e as a lower cost option, and the pretty similar 5" Neway monitor (there is also a better, more expensive 5.5 one, not accepting 4K though, reaching Q5 territory, which Q5 is preferable I guess).

There are a bunch of 7" 1920x1200 Kolletron/noname/generic/probably Feelworld/ ones on ebay, for less than 200$, very tempting indeed, for such a low price, some of them accept 4K signal.