Short clip with Nikon D800 + Iscorama

dahlfors

I'm learning filmmaking besides my fulltime job, and unfortunately I haven't found much time to edit the footage I shoot yet. I put up one short clip for a few friends to see though, so I thought I might share it with you guys as well.

https://vimeo.com/59350324

Sadly enough, I found out that the fine detail was lost and that the sand which is blowing around in the foreground was quite blocky when vimeo had recompressed it. The original footage looks a whole lot better. If you guys have any tips on how to get the best anamorphic footage possible on vimeo/youtube, I'd love to hear them. I'm wondering if a 2538x1080 source uploaded to vimeo would have resulted in better video than the 1280x544 video I uploaded...

Also, I'm quite happy about how nicely the D800 is handling the dynamic range in this shot. In the light where I shot this footage I know that my old Nikon D200 stills camera wouldn't have captured a still with this much dynamic range in it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs