New LX10 and FZ3500: wow!

wolf33d

Full press release leaked

An extract:

the FZ2500. This camera utilizes the same 20.1MP 1" MOS sensor as the LX10, but optimizes video performance with the inclusion of DCI 4K video recording and a true 24 fps frame rate, in addition to more conventional UHD 4K and Full HD recording modes. Also benefitting videographers, this camera includes Panasonic's CINELIKE D and CINELIKE V picture profiles for better grading capabilities, and V-Log L can be added via an optional upgrade. Additionally, high bit rate recording up to 200 Mbps is supported in both MP4 and MOV formats; video can be output over HDMI with a 4:2:2 10-bit signal; there is no recording duration limit; and a built-in ND filter can be used for enhanced control over exposure settings while recording

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Full press release leaked

An extract:

the FZ2500. This camera utilizes the same 20.1MP 1" MOS sensor as the LX10, but optimizes video performance with the inclusion of DCI 4K video recording and a true 24 fps frame rate, in addition to more conventional UHD 4K and Full HD recording modes. Also benefitting videographers, this camera includes Panasonic's CINELIKE D and CINELIKE V picture profiles for better grading capabilities, and V-Log L can be added via an optional upgrade. Additionally, high bit rate recording up to 200 Mbps is supported in both MP4 and MOV formats; video can be output over HDMI with a 4:2:2 10-bit signal; there is no recording duration limit; and a built-in ND filter can be used for enhanced control over exposure settings while recording

Yeah, this definitely sounds good. Have they leaked a price point?

Yes, serious video options for the all-in-1 shooters. ND Filter like the Sony RX-series (or older LX7), woohoo!

I do hope they've given the LX10 a vari-angle or 180° tilt touch display and mic-in! Then it's the perfect all-in-1'er. The thing I tend to grab the most for snaps and casual shooting is the LX100. It's just a nice solid easy and basic camera. But yeah, there's some things that added could mean tremendous value! Color me excited!

Ah, sorry, you're absolutely right...

'but optimizes' [..] 'Additionally,'

That's a big but (and I cannot lie!)

Long day at work... my eyes/brain only reads what it wants to read apparently. :grin: Well that.. kinda... blows (0:39). :(

What's the lens on the FZ2500 anyways? Is it again not a constant f/2.8? That's kind of a bummer with the FZ1000, it falls off zoomed in, unlike the RX10 series.

Ah, yeah, I see now (burnt through my lasts bits of energy today, so didn't bother to look everywhere)...

Does have the 180° tilt touch display I begged for and f/1.7 improved to f/1.4 on the wide end compared to the LX100. So I'd still be tempted to get swapping.

18 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Ah, yeah, I see now (burnt through my lasts bits of energy today, so didn't bother to look everywhere)...

Does have the 180° tilt touch display I begged for and f/1.7 improved to f/1.4 on the wide end compared to the LX100. So I'd still be tempted to get swapping.

The LX100 has the m4/3 sensor though, so it will probably get an update soon enough. It almost seems like they're testing features on lower end models for future higher end models, so maybe the LX200 will have a constant 1.4, or a 1.4-1.8. 

3 hours ago, Cinegain said:

What's the lens on the FZ2500 anyways? Is it again not a constant f/2.8? That's kind of a bummer with the FZ1000, it falls off zoomed in, unlike the RX10 series.

Sadly the FZ2500 is not constant f2.8! :-( :-/ Is one of the first things I looked to check.

7 hours ago, Lintelfilm said:

I find this a serious issue with the LX100 - even with RAW stills. I struggled with it a bit with my GH4 but I'm sure it's worse on the LX100.

Any suggestions of best way to minimise it?

I always struggled with this too in both RAW and JPEG.  You can see a test I did with the G7/GX80/LX100/E-M5II here where I balanced everything before shooting.  I find the GX80 to have much more pleasant colours than any of the Panasonic cameras that I have used so far.  Here's hoping that the GH5/G80/LX?? use similar colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGXsDFfKDxE