(FT5) First images and full specs of the new Panasonic G80. Has new 12-60mm Leica lens!

Hanriverprod

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-first-images-full-specs-new-panasonic-g80/

16.0MP 4/3 type Live MOS sensor
No low-pass filter
ON sensor 5-axis camera shake correction
New gyro-sensor technology “Dual IS MK II”
Up to five stages of the anti-shake effect during low-speed shutter
DFD technology
Dust and water proof, magnesium body
Video: 4K30p, FullHD60p
ISO Sensitivity: 200-25600
Continuous shooting: up to 9 frames / sec.
EVF: 236 Man 1.48 times dot OLED (35mm equivalent 0.74 times)
The rear monitor: 3-inch 1.04 million dot, Free Angle
Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

No. IBIS would mean moving the sensor relative to the body. At least that is how I would define it as it's built in to the body to provide a "stationary" sensor.

On sensor would mean that there is no physical movement involved. (unless there is a sensor available that somehow moved internally).

Note the huge difference. Same as rolling vs global shutter. Not exactly interchangeable even tho both blacks out the sensor and provides the ability to read out data.

32 minutes ago, mercer said:

Hmm, the fact that they're giving the G8 weather proofing and a magnesium body may indicate a higher release price than the G7. I think this may be an indicator of the new Panasonic pricing. G80(8) will be $1299 + and the GH5 will be $2000 +

i highly doubt they would make an m4/3 ILC for more than 2000$

27 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

Won't sell.

Maybe, but they're not going to price the G80 at the same price as the GX80/85. So it will definitely be more than $799. My guess is at least $999. So, then the question becomes... How much will they price the GH5... I highly doubt, if the spec rumors are true, that it will be $1500. 

5 hours ago, Hanriverprod said:

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-first-images-full-specs-new-panasonic-g80/

16.0MP 4/3 type Live MOS sensor
No low-pass filter
ON sensor 5-axis camera shake correction
New gyro-sensor technology “Dual IS MK II”
Up to five stages of the anti-shake effect during low-speed shutter
DFD technology
Dust and water proof, magnesium body
Video: 4K30p, FullHD60p
ISO Sensitivity: 200-25600
Continuous shooting: up to 9 frames / sec.
EVF: 236 Man 1.48 times dot OLED (35mm equivalent 0.74 times)
The rear monitor: 3-inch 1.04 million dot, Free Angle
Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card

This is basically the re-housed GX85, with weather-sealed in a magnesium alloy body, and most likely with a mic in. I am guessing at about $500 more, for that.

Also, I am guessing, this has the new processor for the GH5 has been pushed into this, or has a faster refresh rate on the new OLED EVF and that's perhaps why the the camera can focus a little faster. Though I still doubt anyone will be able to do fast moving or sports photography, still with it.

Why have they used the phrase "free angle" for LCD? 

Also, it apparently has 5 "Jikute shake correction". I am not sure, whether it means 5 stops of Shake Correction. If that is the case, this may have a little advantage over the GX85, which is most likely due to the heavier metal body, more than anything else.

If it is priced above $999, it may not sell too well. Unless it has some impressive (apparently new) kit lens thrown in. 

P.S.: Interestingly, no mention of the 'rumored' internal 8-bit 4-2-2 codec. Maybe that was mischief played by some of Panasonic's detractors. 

11 minutes ago, mercer said:

Maybe, but they're not going to price the G80 at the same price as the GX80/85. So it will definitely be more than $799. My guess is at least $999. So, then the question becomes... How much will they price the GH5... I highly doubt, if the spec rumors are true, that it will be $1500. 

The stills market dwarfs the video market and I don't see anyone interested in stills paying $2,000 for a mft stills camera from a second tier company.  They would have to be banking on selling it purely to people interested in video.  If I was just interested in stills or did 95% stills and 5% video which is pretty typical I would just buy a Canon 7D mk II and save myself $500.  Not to mention the stable of lenses the Canon would give you access to.

B&H apparently leaked the G85's specs, and then took it down (not before yahoo news and a few others picked it up). 

"B&H is pleased to share Panasonic's announcement of their latest mirrorless release, the DMC-G85, which brings a familiar set of features to a new form factor. This versatile Micro Four Thirds mirrorless model utilizes the 16MP Live MOS sensor to provide a sensitivity range up to ISO 25600, 6 fps shooting with continuous autofocus, and UHD 4K recording at 30p. This 4K ability enables the use of 4K Photo Modes, too, for shooting 8MP stills at 30 fps in three ways. Five-axis sensor-shift image stabilization limits camera shake for sharper results, and supports Dual I.S. when used in conjunction with select lenses which also feature IS, for more effective overall stabilization. The ergonomic design of the body incorporates a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder and a free-angle 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD touchscreen, and built-in Wi-Fi permits remote camera control and wireless image sharing with a mobile device. Adding to the potential of the G85 is an optional DMW-BGG1 Battery Grip, which holds two DMW-BLC12 battery packs for extended shooting time, and offers a second shutter-release button, AF/AE lock button, exposure-compensation button, and dual-control dials for more ergonomic vertical shooting."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/panasonic-unveils-g85-mirrorless-advanced-111500146.html

P.S.: B&H fired 3 more employees this morning. They were complaining about terrible communication between the managers, and the lower staff. :glasses:

2 hours ago, Damphousse said:

The stills market dwarfs the video market and I don't see anyone interested in stills paying $2,000 for a mft stills camera from a second tier company.  They would have to be banking on selling it purely to people interested in video.  If I was just interested in stills or did 95% stills and 5% video which is pretty typical I would just buy a Canon 7D mk II and save myself $500.  Not to mention the stable of lenses the Canon would give you access to.

That may be so but they're not going to just give away high end features at the same price point as the GH4, two and a half years later. 

And I think you underestimate what people will pay when they're invested in a lens system. They're not selling $1200-$1500 lenses for casual users and serious users must be buying these lenses so I don't see any reason they won't spend big on a good body to put them on.