35NAP 2-3M (mod) – precision, light streaks, bokeh

Dr. Verbel'

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks! Yet double focus, now I waiting for big focusing lenses. Focusing method of current setup

XecKbgnHOKM.jpg

With some skills time to capture focus in my case around 10 sec max. Minimum config now is two lenses in 3D-printed frames. Bellows can be added also.

You can make for yourself, buy this cheap lens on ebay (look for good condition), info of rehousing and drawings for 35NAP 2-3M here https://www.facebook.com/groups/verbascope/ If some additional questions, please welcome to PM.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

This is fantastic work - some great looking images. 

How difficult is it to work with? Would love to try this out on some narrative projects. Are you selling these?

2M - this is not in real life. 35NAP family - 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, 2-3M. 2-3, 2-3M bigger and heavier than 2-2, 2-4. Optic scheme the same, image look similar. 2-2, 2-4 looks a little sharper, but if good aligned lenses, all will be good. minimum focus distance, if not modded - 8-10 m. If modded, starts from 35-40 cm, but I recommend to shoot from 1m. to close focus - little squeeze. Also present 35NAP 1-1, but I didn't come across.

5 minutes ago, Grimor said:

What of those 35NAP is better for modding?

Is the last number (3M, 2M) the minimun focus distance?

Early test single focus for 35NAP family. (35NAP 2-2 | Helios 44-2 F:2 | Sony A6300) At the moment, there was a test of possibility of a single focus on these large lenses. The test is done on small lenses, large diameter lenses will be manufactured. Sorry for jitter, pic of DIY body for single below :grimace: And question, my friends -  how do you think, you need a single focus for 35NAP family, these large lenses?

PZv3xxqoGSY.jpg

Different modifications of old soviet anamorphic projector lenses:
Belarusian Optical and Mechanical Association (BelOMA) (former - Minsk Mechanical Works named after S.I. Vavilov (MMW)
35-NAP-2-3, 35-NAP-2-3M

Rogachev plant "Diaprojector"…
35-NAP-2-3M

Leningrad Optical and Mechanical Association named after V. I. Lenin (JSC LOMO)
35NAP2-2, 35NAP2-4

Novosibirsk Instrument-Making Plant, Lenkinap
35-NAP-1-1

naps.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/28/2019 at 4:38 AM, Purpleguy said:

Does anyone know the differences between the 35-NAP2-2, 35-NAP2-3, 35-NAP2-3M, and 35-NAP2-4? The only thing I can gather is the 2-3 and 2-3M are impractically larger, but can't gather anything on age or sharpness

i looked into it at one point from what i remember size wise the 2-4 is the biggest then the 2-3, 2-2 there is also a 2-1 or maybe its a 1-1 but their a bit rarer and maybe a little  smaller as well. no idea about how sharpness is related between lenses but considering their all projection lenses, you'd expect a certain amount of performance  and it probably adds to the lenses character perhaps, which is rather subjective to what each one of us likes or dislikes as well. Personally i am not concerned with age, i have lenses that have ages close to mine. If anything you can be sure their built to last at least. I bought a nap 2-3 would have liked a 2-2 as they are a bit smaller however they were also a little dearer and i wanted something cheap to pull apart so the 2-3 it was.