TERRA 6K Footage

Hanriverprod

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 hours ago, DBounce said:

Just watched it. Looks OK, but I will confess this footage does not exactly blow me away. Waiting for more.

That's probably because you only watched it.

13 hours ago, j.f.r. said:

Looks like DSLR footage.......

In that case it's the best DSLR footage you will ever see

10 hours ago, funkyou86 said:

I'm no professional grader, but damn after t3i and Gh4 the grade just cuts through like butter. 

And that's an understatement. Best footage I ever laid my hands on. Can't get it to break, really impressed.

If I wasn't the amateur I am, I would order a Terra right away.

terra_graded.jpg

3 hours ago, Hanriverprod said:

I think the  lighting is bad in this shot.

Might be the lighting but I suspect before all- in my case- my grading capabilities. There is almost too much room to grade. Grading on a very reflective laptop doesn't help much either. An attempt to get better highlights. Follow IronFilms advice try it out yourself it's fun.

terra_graded_2.jpg

5 minutes ago, bunk said:

Might be the lighting but I suspect before all- in my case- my grading capabilities. There is almost too much room to grade. Grading on a very reflective laptop doesn't help much either. An attempt to get better highlights. Follow IronFilms advice try it out yourself it's fun.

terra_graded_2.jpg

I think the grades I'm seeing is fine, but just pointing out that it looks like an office setting or some kind of convention hall so people need to put that into account when being too harsh on this footage. It's flat drab lighting, it's never going to look great. I didn't mean to sound negative on the footage or the camera, in fact, I'm excited that another small company is putting these cameras out there.  Good times for indie filmmakers!

Anyone else getting blockiness in the woman in the left's wrist? Maybe my editor ruined it somehow? Maybe it lost something when it was downscaled from 6k? Also the shadows seemed a little blue to me. But my screen might not be great. I definitely don't want to scare anyone off either. I know nothing, and it's obviously a great file

kine test2.png

9 hours ago, bunk said:

That's probably because you only watched it.

Point taken... Yes I was being lazy. So here are some heavy handed grades to see how far this footage can be pushed before it crys like a little baby. And I can tell you it seems to hold up pretty dam good. Lots of room to get some crazy color grades and it keeps it's cool. This footage is definitely more robust in post than anything from a DSLR. I would love to get my hands on one to see how it handles in the field. 

Kinefinity Terra 6K Grade 1.png

Kinefinity Terra 6k Grade 2.png

Kinefinity Terra 6k Grade 3.png

Kinefinity Terra 6k Grade 4.png

Kinefinity Terra 6k Grade 5.png

I'm very surprised of the versatility of this footage. A lot of Kinefinity footage I've previously seen online has been very brown and muted, this however is very flexible and easily on par with BMCC Prores. Perhaps even better - I'm seeing pleasing results much faster than usually with the BMCC. Getting very close to 5D RAW in terms of ease of grading. I was able to whip up a grade I'm happy with in a matter of minutes.

TERRA_1.7.3.png