FS: Isco Wide-screen 2000 MC

SigurdW

Hi all,

Still not recovered from an anamorphic buying spree and therefore have to sell this one.

Up for sale is an Isco WIDE-SCREEN 2000 MC 1.5x focus-through anamorphic attachment. I have spent a lot of time and money to bring this one back to life. Bernie from Super16 inc recently saved its life from possibly a terrible destiny. He did some magic, re-aligned, and cleaned it inside and out.

First of all, the lens comes with:

- DIY front filter thread. Tito Ferradans-method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzHyks4LNQ
- Front cap
- Machined clamp-style 52mm rear thread (of course removable)

CONDITION

Body:
7/10
The housing seems to be in pretty descent condition. It has some scratches here and there, but nothing that would affect any operational aspects. No loose parts.

Optics:
7/10
As seen in the pictures the lens suffers from separation on front/rear element, which is very common in this model. Bernie suggested it was not worth re-gluing as it won't affect the performance of the glass' sharpness. Therefore, the 7/10 score. Other than that there are a few micro scratches, some dust particles and faint cleaning marks, which is to be expected. No fungus on this one.

All in all, it is a great, easy to use and sharp lens. Not pristine, but does as good of a job. If you are in for the flares you might look elsewhere (or you will need a STRONG light source),  but for run and gunning this is a catch. It allows you to go as wide as 40mm (pancake) on full frame.  It is very light (240g) and paired with a CoreDNA/Rangefinder its hard to find a more versatile attachment.

I am asking H.B.O. 300,- GBP + shipping. Paypal only. I am not responsible for any import charges the buyer might encounter.

Do not hesitate to ask any question, I won't bite :)  

IscoWS2000-6.jpg

IscoWS2000-5.jpg

IscoWS2000-4.jpg

IscoWS2000-2.jpg

IscoWS2000-3.jpg

IscoWS2000.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
35 minutes ago, tweak said:

I remember these two lenses selling on Ebay a little while back :glasses:.

If this were a 2x stretch it would be black magic.

There is, it's called the Iscomorphot s8/x2 or Animex s8/x2 - a little bit longer than the Widescreen 2000 & not so good as a focus through, but an amazing little lens.

15 hours ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Me too :glasses:

So get yourself a WS 2000, really really good lens.

I'm thinking of re-buying the proper single focus Iscomorphot again, don't know why I ever sold it!!!

Not sure I need it to be honest, I have about 3K of anamorphics already haha. Also 1.5x isn't that appealing to me, I'd still love to get a 1.75x though. What are the flares like? I've heard they are pretty subdued, the flares on the isco S8 aren't too bad.

4 hours ago, tweak said:

Not sure I need it to be honest, I have about 3K of anamorphics already haha. Also 1.5x isn't that appealing to me, I'd still love to get a 1.75x though. What are the flares like? I've heard they are pretty subdued, the flares on the isco S8 aren't too bad.

We'll they're not as easy to get as the S8 (well mine flares like a Kowa for B&H), but with bright/strong lights they can come on quite nicely (kinda got over the flare fun anyways).

I know what you mean about x1.5, but me thinks i'll have to get one of Rich's fixed oval apertures for that - it really is all about the out of focus rendering of a x2 & also avoids the need for using a stupidly wide lens, which I don't really like.

This is a great anamorphic for a small run'n'gun set up.

Again, not really hunting for flares, but.....

• 3 weeks later...