News Leak: Zoom F4 with six inputs and eight tracks (is like a new low priced Zoom F8!)

IronFilm

7 hours ago, Ty Harper said:

@IronFilm I've seen a few comments on forums from people who accidentally fried their F4 after mistakenly running phantom power into the outs. Any safety devices that can be inserted into the out to ensure a costly mistake like that never happens?

If you're never hardwiring yourself to a camera, then you've got nothing to worry about.  Otherwise, use a phantom blocker. ( I never have, as when I used my F4 I was only rarely hardwired and when I was I just simply took care with what I was doing)

3 hours ago, Ty Harper said:

Thanks a lot. I knew I'd seen a solution somewhere but forgot what it was called. I see that Sescom's got a similar blocker for sale at a much cheaper price point. Does anyone know what the difference between the two might be?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/889753-REG/sescom_ses_il_ppb_xlr_inline_phantom.html

They should do the same job, but the Triton Audio is smaller. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs