Canon 80D first impressions and 3x crop mode

Andrew Reid

On September 6, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Inazuma said:

I used to have that lens with my Nikon dslr. It's quite loud and jittery in autofocus.  You should consider the Canon 17-55 f2.8 instead. I used to use it with my c100 ii and it worked great with DPAF even in AF-C. 

That's a great lens. 90% of Cartel Land was shot with it, so it's field tested to say the least. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4126304/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 06/09/2016 at 4:19 AM, mercer said:

I thought the DCI crop for the mkiv is 1.64-1.75 (arguably) but yeah you're probably right, 4K is highly unlikely. I just wouldn't be surprised by anything with Canon. It is curious that they're skipping the eos-m4 moniker and going to the m5, though. It's also curious that they are announcing the m5 at Photokina and not the highly rumored full frame mirrorless that they're supposed to be releasing by year's end... unless they're one in the same. 

4 is the unluckiest number in Japanese culture - it gets avoided like 13 in the west

15 minutes ago, Michael Coffee said:

4 is the unluckiest number in Japanese culture - it gets avoided like 13 in the west

But Canon just released the 5d mark 4? 

I actually think that eos-m5 may be their flagship mirrorless... Or should I say, their 5D of their mirrorless line. They introduced the base consumer model, the m10 last year, so it seems like maybe they are delineating their mirrorless models?

11 minutes ago, mercer said:

But Canon just released the 5d mark 4? 

I actually think that eos-m5 may be their flagship mirrorless... Or should I say, their 5D of their mirrorless line. They introduced the base consumer model, the m10 last year, so it seems like maybe they are delineating their mirrorless models?

It does happen alot, ie Nikon going from d5300 to d5500 etc.. once you know about this superstition, you see it in lots of Japanese stuff.. I remember talk before the gh4 was released speculating if they would skip the 4, but the thinking was apparently that it would tie in with 4k..