Sign in to follow this  
mercer

BMMCC For Sale

I am listing my Like New BMMCC on eBay within the next week for US sale only. I pieced together a small rig that I will initially sell as a kit. If there is little interest in it as the rig (I know people have differing rig needs) I will break up the parts. 

With the rig kit I have:

• BMMCC - purchased new from BH in the end of May. I probably have about 6 hours of use with it... Maybe less. So it's basically in NEW condition. It comes with all of the original packaging and accessories. 

• Ikan VL5e monitor with the Canon plate. I purchased this from an eBay seller as NEW w/out the packaging. It came with the monitor, the Canon battery plate, and the power cord. I used Wasabi brand aftermarket batteries with it, so I will throw in one of those as well.

• Fujinon 12.5mm f/1.3 c-mount lens. I purchased this as NOS, but when I received the lens I noticed a little haze on one of the elements. Although I didn't notice any ill effect to the IQ, the seller sent me a replacement and told me to keep this one.

• Fotasy C-mount to M4/3 adapter. The Fujinon lens needs no modification when used with this adapter. It focuses to infinity. The adapter is used as I have had it for awhile, so it will show some marks but it functions perfectly.

• B&W 52mm IR/UV Cut filter. Purchased the same time as the camera and is in mint condition.

• Generic half cage I purchased off eBay. It was originally designed for the Pocket Cam, but since both camera share the same height measurement, it works perfectly with the Micro as well. Like new condition.

• Small HD 6" cheese plate. I used this cheese plate as a base for my rig. Like new condition.

• 2 HDMI cables and right angle adapters. I have a 5" HDMI cable and a 12" cable. Like new condition.

I haven't decided on a price for the kit yet. I wanted to post a feeler so any members of the community will be aware it will be listed soon, in case there is some interest. Due to recent events with sales on the forum, I feel it is in everybody's best interest to use eBay for the sale, but I will give a forum discount to established members. 

Brand new there is easily over $1400 worth of kit here. Since everything is SLIGHTLY used, I will list it for less than that, so there is a bargain to be had here.

I've included a photo of how I had the camera rigged, but the lens in the picture is not the Fujinon, it's my Minolta lens and it is not included in the sale. The photo also shows an L-Bracket that I intended to keep but if it is really wanted I will include.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Before the official eBay listing goes live, I will post more photos of everything included. 

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks, obviously it sold, not as much as I would have liked and probably for less than if I pieced out everything, but I just wanted to get rid of everything. I have a very specific plan and list of everything I need and I don't want a bunch of crap laying around. 

Of course this collection of lenses is getting me into trouble. I have my beloved Minoltas without a good camera to mount them to... So of course I had to buy a GH3 after watching some videos on Vimeo yesterday. Ugh. 

On 3/11/2016 at 11:38 PM, mercer said:

Of course this collection of lenses is getting me into trouble. I have my beloved Minoltas without a good camera to mount them to... So of course I had to buy a GH3 after watching some videos on Vimeo yesterday. Ugh. 

Hahahhaa...

On 11/3/2016 at 11:38 PM, mercer said:

Minolta MD glass in great ! Really underrated and still very affordable. I have a nice set myself :)

4 hours ago, Justin Bacle said:

Minolta MD glass in great ! Really underrated and still very affordable. I have a nice set myself :)

Yup, the other unfortunate issue with Minolta lenses are they don't resell that easily. The really good ones aren't cheap, but they're hard to unload. I had two copies of the 28mm f2... an MD and an MC. I decided to keep the MD due to its smaller size, weight and shorter focus throw, I actually prefer shorter throw lenses as I don't use a follow focus and the MCs have a long focus travel. My MC version was in mint condition and I couldn't sell that lens to save my life. I finally did after about 3 months of it being listed.

Anyway, since they are such amazing lenses, yet they don't resell that easily, I've decided to keep them and as stupid as this sounds, I'd like a camera body to use them with.

Also, the all-i, 72mbps format on the GH3 intrigues me. I know it's an old camera, but of all of the Panasonic videos I have seen online, the ones I have liked the most have either been shot with the GH2 or GH3. 

And the AF100, but at $800, it's still a little pricy for me.

25 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yup, the other unfortunate issue with Minolta lenses are they don't resell that easily. The really good ones aren't cheap, but they're hard to unload. I had two copies of the 28mm f2... an MD and an MC. I decided to keep the MD due to its smaller size, weight and shorter focus throw, I actually prefer shorter throw lenses as I don't use a follow focus and the MCs have a long focus travel. My MC version was in mint condition and I couldn't sell that lens to save my life. I finally did after about 3 months of it being listed.

And the AF100, but at $800, it's still a little pricy for me.

I have a good set of MD set (I find the MD sharper than the MC versions when wide open).

I have : MD 28/3.5, MD 35/2.8, MD 45/2, MD 50/1,7, MD 50/1,4, MC 58/1,4, MC 85/1,7, MD 135/2.8, MC 200/4,5 and love most of them :D Plus they are great with a lens turbo / SpeedBooster. Gives me a complete prime set for use with the AF100 :D

I think the only reason they don't resell very well is because they are not adaptable to Canon EOS mount (except the 50/1.2 which is with a mod).

13 minutes ago, Justin Bacle said:

I have a good set of MD set (I find the MD sharper than the MC versions when wide open).

I have : MD 28/3.5, MD 35/2.8, MD 45/2, MD 50/1,7, MD 50/1,4, MC 58/1,4, MC 85/1,7, MD 135/2.8, MC 200/4,5 and love most of them :D Plus they are great with a lens turbo / SpeedBooster. Gives me a complete prime set for use with the AF100 :D

I think the only reason they don't resell very well is because they are not adaptable to Canon EOS mount (except the 50/1.2 which is with a mod).

Oh yeah, they definitely are, but the MCs are great wide open for that soft dreamy look. The 35mm 1.8 is the best lens I've ever used... things will disappear completely in the foreground to a great effect when racking focus. The Voigtlander 25mm does it too. Unfortunately I sold both of those lenses, the Minolta when I went with the NX500 and then the Voigtlander when I went with the Micro... I don't use long lenses too often, so the cash made more sense at the time. I'm on the lookout for another 35mm 1.8 though, I may get the MD version this time  

That's a nice set you have there. You should also look into their wide zooms... the 24-35 and 24-50mm are nice lenses... often described as a bunch of primes in one.

How is the MD 50mm 1.4? I have the old MC PG 1.4 and it is also one of the best lenses I've ever used... it's just amazing. 

On 11/7/2016 at 4:38 PM, mercer said:

Oh yeah, they definitely are, but the MCs are great wide open for that soft dreamy look. The 35mm 1.8 is the best lens I've ever used... things will disappear completely in the foreground to a great effect when racking focus. The Voigtlander 25mm does it too. Unfortunately I sold both of those lenses, the Minolta when I went with the NX500 and then the Voigtlander when I went with the Micro... I don't use long lenses too often, so the cash made more sense at the time. I'm on the lookout for another 35mm 1.8 though, I may get the MD version this time  

That's a nice set you have there. You should also look into their wide zooms... the 24-35 and 24-50mm are nice lenses... often described as a bunch of primes in one.

How is the MD 50mm 1.4? I have the old MC PG 1.4 and it is also one of the best lenses I've ever used... it's just amazing. 

I have been looking for a cheap 35/1.8 for years, but couldn't find any for cheap.

The 50/1.4 is great, much better than the older design 58/1.4. Image quality is a bit better compared to the already great 50/1.7 MD plus you gain an extra stop of light.
I got mine for €20 at a garage sale, but you can find them between 90-120 € on ebay. The advantage is that the filter size is still 49mm which is great as it matches many lenses !
I never tried the 50/1.4 MC though. The 58/1.4 MC is too soft for my taste at f/1.4

21 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

Minolta lenses are great. I've owned the 35/1.8, 58/1.2, 85/1.7 and the bokeh beast - the 100/2. Fred Miranda is a great place to sell MD lenses, I got top dollar when I sold my Rokkors.

Good to know, thanks. I will keep mine in my gear closet until I find a camera to use them with. Maybe the XT2. 

12 minutes ago, mercer said:

Do you have any XT1 footage with your Minoltas on Vimeo or YouTube. I have seen a couple amazing videos with the camera, but mostly just a bunch of aliasing and moire.

Yes, the XT-1 has bad moiré and aliasing. But I don't find it to be as bad as people say. 

I shot this very very quickly for a friend before I had any gear but my X-T1. (The wide shots are taken with a Yi action Cam). I don't think moire and aliasing that bad. The DR and noise in the shadows are not good, but It is mostly the fault of the bad lighting I had.

1 hour ago, Justin Bacle said:

Yes, the XT-1 has bad moiré and aliasing. But I don't find it to be as bad as people say. 

I shot this very very quickly for a friend before I had any gear but my X-T1. (The wide shots are taken with a Yi action Cam). I don't think moire and aliasing that bad. The DR and noise in the shadows are not good, but It is mostly the fault of the bad lighting I had.

Very cool. Yeah that wasn't bad at all... I loved the look of the exterior close ups... clean with great color. I am really interested in the B&W simulations specifically but a lot of the color looks great as well. This was supposedly shot with the XT1...

I have been working on selling a lot of gear and I may invest that money into the XT2.