does exist a camera that do raw video with those features?

Dan Wake

I wish to know if does exist a camera that allow all those fetures please

1) 100% no moire and aliasing (that cyan and magenta false colors, wall bricks goes crazy) and (glitter effect arounf the fur of the animals, the telephone cables).

2)  no vertical stripes. (example below)

gigi.jpg

3) acceptable low light ISO.

5) affordable price.

6) raw video

thx! :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Dan Wake said:

Thanks Sinjun, I have a canon 7D with ML and I wish to try something different. Could you suggest me an alternative please?

thx! :)

7D with ML raw is shit.

5Dmk3 with ML raw is great.

I'd also suggest BMMCC or secondhand BMPCC. Or maybe even BMCC MFT if you don't care about the weight. 

FS5 / KineMINI / Terra / UM4.6K / FS700 / etc are all good as well if your budget stretches up that high.

2 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

7D with ML raw is shit.

5Dmk3 with ML raw is great.

I'd also suggest BMMCC or secondhand BMPCC. Or maybe even BMCC MFT if you don't care about the weight. 

FS5 / KineMINI / Terra / UM4.6K / FS700 / etc are all good as well if your budget stretches up that high.

what about 7D + vaf filter? I'm thinking about it and I'm searching a used one. I also opened a topic in the "gear for sale" section. thx!

2 hours ago, Dan Wake said:

what about 7D + vaf filter? I'm thinking about it and I'm searching a used one. I also opened a topic in the "gear for sale" section. thx!

The big big BIG problem is the 7D uses SD cards. And Canon pinches pennies by putting in the cheapest shittest SD controllers into their cameras.

So ML raw is crippled.

Unless...  you use CF cards. Such as the 5Dmk3 uses.

17 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

The big big BIG problem is the 7D uses SD cards. And Canon pinches pennies by putting in the cheapest shittest SD controllers into their cameras.

So ML raw is crippled.

Unless...  you use CF cards. Such as the 5Dmk3 uses.

Correction, 7D uses CF cards.

And... From what I know about ML on 7D... With 5X zoom... It can do 2.5K

Ah my bad, it does have CF. Dug a little bit more into it, 7D isn't quite as bad as I might have thought with ML raw, still quite bad though. Certainly couldn't do 2.5K raw continuous. You'll need a much lower resolution. 

And 5x crop is a hell of a crop to have to deal with!

And you can run into other issues too so you need to double check stuff.

Not a camera I'd want to use in a production environment. 

5Dmk3 ML raw or BMMCC is still streets ahead of it.

• 2 weeks later...

which version 4k or 4.6k? Both record raw video btw. Both suffer from fpn especially the 4k. You have to light well and cannot go over 400 ISO with fpn on the 4k, 4.6k is better and can be used at 800 ISO and maybe 1600 ISO but fpn might start to show. The 4.6k is suffering from magenta cast issues and neither has a olpf so moire and aliasing could be an issue. Note these comments are anecdotal since I have personally used neither.

• Super Members
5 hours ago, dhessel said:

which version 4k or 4.6k? Both record raw video btw. Both suffer from fpn especially the 4k. You have to light well and cannot go over 400 ISO with fpn on the 4k, 4.6k is better and can be used at 800 ISO and maybe 1600 ISO but fpn might start to show. The 4.6k is suffering from magenta cast issues and neither has a olpf so moire and aliasing could be an issue. Note these comments are anecdotal since I have personally used neither.

The bmpc4k is pretty much moire free so I imagine the ursa mini 4k is as well.

On 11/9/2016 at 2:58 AM, dhessel said:

it's the 4,6k. may you tell me more about the magenta cast issue please? isn't something that can be fixed with a firmware update on camera? is it a serious problem?

for the same price does exist a better aletranive to ursa 4,6k?

thx

On 29 August 2016 at 7:12 AM, IronFilm said:

Ah my bad, it does have CF. Dug a little bit more into it, 7D isn't quite as bad as I might have thought with ML raw, still quite bad though. Certainly couldn't do 2.5K raw continuous. You'll need a much lower resolution. 

And 5x crop is a hell of a crop to have to deal with!

And you can run into other issues too so you need to double check stuff.

Not a camera I'd want to use in a production environment. 

5Dmk3 ML raw or BMMCC is still streets ahead of it.

So basically what you should have said is you have no idea. Why give advice if you don't really know?

You can shoot full sensor at just under 1080p and upscale nicely. For the price 7D is a very capable Raw camera and can be intercut with 5d3 raw quite well on shoots (You couldn't tell the difference in an edit, I've seen people do it many times before).

BMMCC is certainly a better camera to rely on than both 7D and 5D3 and has far less lag time between pushing the record button and the camera recording etc. It's these small nuances that can make ML harder to shoot with on a paid gig, but if you can deal with it and shoot around those MLRaw is very capable still.

On 11 September 2016 at 10:30 AM, Lintelfilm said:

There are many cameras now that offer better native, non RAW image quality than the 7D ML RAW. And are much easier to use. 

Like what? Rattle some names off if you know of some around the same price.

26 minutes ago, Dan Wake said:

it's the 4,6k. may you tell me more about the magenta cast issue please? isn't something that can be fixed with a firmware update on camera? is it a serious problem?

for the same price does exist a better aletranive to ursa 4,6k?

thx

they are trying to fix it via a firmware update. It is non uniform affecting the right side and corners more than the center. The magenta varies by lens, focal length and f stop so it is not easy to grade out. I would expect this will make it difficult to fix via firmware but I cant say. It can be minimal or quite severe and I have heard of people having to rma 3 cameras before getting an acceptable one so in my opinion it is a big issue. There are not many alternatives though. Sony fs5 or fs7 maybe? Or perhaps an older red camera, these are all assuming you are wanting a raw shooting camera.

1 hour ago, dhessel said:

they are trying to fix it via a firmware update. It is non uniform affecting the right side and corners more than the center. The magenta varies by lens, focal length and f stop so it is not easy to grade out. I would expect this will make it difficult to fix via firmware but I cant say. It can be minimal or quite severe and I have heard of people having to rma 3 cameras before getting an acceptable one so in my opinion it is a big issue. There are not many alternatives though. Sony fs5 or fs7 maybe? Or perhaps an older red camera, these are all assuming you are wanting a raw shooting camera.

this video say magenta it's gone/non issue. may I ask you if you agree after watching it please?