The Bolex-Anamorphot 16/32/1.5x thread

SigurdW

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, Jachang said:

Hi Guys, I have a question, hope you guys can help:

Can we dual focusing on Zeiss contax with Bolex 16/32/1.5x?

Thank you!

I shot an entire video duel focusing with the Bolex 16/32. It's not that bad once you get the hang. I was blind by the end of the day. Vision totally blurred. I use a ProtoDNA variable diopter now with a 40mm on GH5. I would recommend getting a single focus solution because of where and tear on the Bolex. 

• 1 month later...

GH5+ Bolex 16/32/1.5x + Voigtländer 40mm f2 + ProtoDNA. Run and gun. Shot 90% wide open at f2 and 10% at f2.8.  

On 9/17/2019 at 1:35 AM, keessie65 said:

Bolex 16/32/1.5x and Fuji X-T3. Taking lens Contax G 45/2 rehoused to Leica M. Used Ninja V for recording 

Incredible combo Kees!

I think i may have just joined the club. purchased this today in 16mm.  I am informed it has fungus, so ill probably be pulling it apart to give it a clean. If anyone has any advice on either cleaning it or the unit itself i'd be happy to hear it the only thing i'm not sure about is if this is a projector lens and maybe this thread is talking about bolex anamorphic camera lens ?

Edit : afer rereading the first few pages i realize i bought the projector lens i think  please disregard ?

s-l1600.jpg

On 11/11/2019 at 11:43 PM, leslie said:

I think i may have just joined the club. purchased this today in 16mm.  I am informed it has fungus, so ill probably be pulling it apart to give it a clean. If anyone has any advice on either cleaning it or the unit itself i'd be happy to hear it the only thing i'm not sure about is if this is a projector lens and maybe this thread is talking about bolex anamorphic camera lens ?

Edit : afer rereading the first few pages i realize i bought the projector lens i think  please disregard ?

s-l1600.jpg

Rut Row! I believe this is a rebranded Sankor. I think you joined a different club ;) Sorry to say. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@keessie65 there I was contemplating selling my beloved Bolex 16/32/1.5x last night, chanced upon this thread, started having another play with my GX8 and 20/1.7 and now resolute I’m going to use it more and about to pull the trigger on the single focus add on 😃

I love how compact this thing is on the GX8 with pancake.

image.thumb.jpg.22ba553feb03fca68cf4146e6bb8552a.jpg

Also figured out how to get this to work in stills mode by using the Penny EXTC mode in Medium at 8MP, which gives an extra 1.3x crop on the already 2x crop.

Took a quick snap before. Works on my Voigtlander 25/0.95 too 😍

805A5895-95DA-4F87-836E-89640244C296.thumb.jpeg.482c25b707ebd671321b917e4fb8af10.jpeg

Love this anamorphic. Think they may need to bury me with it.

Cheers for the inspiration pal 🙂

17 minutes ago, itimjim said:

@keessie65 there I was contemplating selling my beloved Bolex 16/32/1.5x last night, chanced upon this thread, started having another play with my GX8 and 20/1.7 and now resolute I’m going to use it more and about to pull the trigger on the single focus add on 😃

I love how compact this thing is on the GX8 with pancake.

image.thumb.jpg.22ba553feb03fca68cf4146e6bb8552a.jpg

Also figured out how to get this to work in stills mode by using the Penny EXTC mode in Medium at 8MP, which gives an extra 1.3x crop on the already 2x crop.

Took a quick snap before. Works on my Voigtlander 25/0.95 too 😍

805A5895-95DA-4F87-836E-89640244C296.thumb.jpeg.482c25b707ebd671321b917e4fb8af10.jpeg

Love this anamorphic. Think they may need to bury me with it.

Cheers for the inspiration pal 🙂

You did the best.

It's the best 1.5x lens, edge to edge sharp. Enjoy shooting and keep us informed with nice posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Testing Bolex Anamorphot set with various taking lens and the GH5 5k. 8/19/1.5x Ultra Wide Angle setup + Voigtländer 40mm f2 or Olympus 38mm f1.8 (30mm FOV) + Raynox HD-6600PRO-49 Wide Angle Conversion Lens (0.66x) + 16x9 169-HDV75X-82 0.75 Wide Angle Converter Lens Bolex 16/32/1.5 "Unicorn" + Pentax 40mm f2.8 DA (80mm FOV) Bolex 16/32/1.5 + Voigtländer 40mm f2 (80mm FOV) 8/19/1.5x + Jupiter 11a 135mm (270mm FOV)

I mix the 8/19/1.5x and the Bolex 16/32 footage together. Adding to the lexicon of footage out there. 

If it does not show up in your country on Youtube, here is the Vimeo link. 

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

long time Bolex 8/19 shooter here.. I need some help. I took my 8 / 19 in to have the rear element cleaned (had some haze forming) and when I got it back it wouldn't focus to infinity anymore. Needless to say I regret this decision. The tech that cleaned it is no help getting it back to proper function.  It focus out about 10 feet or so,   I  reached out to Bernie at super16 (saw his info on one of the other posts) but very sadly he has  passed away semi recently.  Does anyone have a technician they have used for to maintain or repair their adapter here in the USA? any help or expertise would be greatly appreciated. than you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nathan, there are three simular screws on the back of the lens. Loosen them a bit untill you can turn the focus ring of the lens a bit more to infinity (1cm or so). Then fasten the 3 screws again. After they are fastened again, you can turn the lens to infinity. That's it... mosty 😉