The Bolex-Anamorphot 16/32/1.5x thread

SigurdW

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have a Bolex Moller 16/32/1.5x for sale together with a special clamp from rapidotechnology. It's performs great with edge to edge sharpness and I bought it only recently but surprisingly my new 1.5x lens which I made from a Rectimascop 48/2x front part and the rear element of a Schneider Cinelux 2x delivers very similar results (except the very far edges). Anyway, here is the link to the ebay auction: http://www.ebay.de/itm/RARE-Moeller-Moller-16-32-1-5x-Anamorphot-Anamorphic-Cinemascope-/272477606381   I can also add a 72mm filter adapter in order to mount a Rectilux CoreDNA to the front

Another thing is that I plan to offer my anamorphic attachments and taking lenses as rental items but now I'm a little afraid to rent such an expensive lens out. The Bolex also doesn't work well with my longer Lomo OKC 75mm taking lens, while it works nicely with the shorter lomos. The lomo lenses compose a small set (35mm, 40mm, 50mm and 75mm for the moment), are converted to Arri PL and are intended to be my main rental taking lenses as they could be used with an Arri Alexa in LCS mount. The Bolex seems to work really well with the Nikon 85mm f1.8 as longer lens, though: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=16%2F32%2F1.5x%20Bolex

1 hour ago, AndreasK said:

I have a Bolex Moller 16/32/1.5x for sale together with a special clamp from rapidotechnology. It's performs great with edge to edge sharpness and I bought it only recently but surprisingly my new 1.5x lens which I made from a Rectimascop 48/2x front part and the rear element of a Schneider Cinelux 2x delivers very similar results (except the very far edges). Anyway, here is the link to the ebay auction: http://www.ebay.de/itm/RARE-Moeller-Moller-16-32-1-5x-Anamorphot-Anamorphic-Cinemascope-/272477606381   I can also add a 72mm filter adapter in order to mount a Rectilux CoreDNA to the front

Another thing is that I plan to offer my anamorphic attachments and taking lenses as rental items but now I'm a little afraid to rent such an expensive lens out. The Bolex also doesn't work well with my longer Lomo OKC 75mm taking lens, while it works nicely with the shorter lomos. The lomo lenses compose a small set (35mm, 40mm, 50mm and 75mm for the moment), are converted to Arri PL and are intended to be my main rental taking lenses as they could be used with an Arri Alexa in LCS mount. The Bolex seems to work really well with the Nikon 85mm f1.8 as longer lens, though: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=16%2F32%2F1.5x%20Bolex

Yes, IMO, if you have different 2X anamorphic lens and not plan to sell again.  It is easy to combine them as different ratio anamorphic lenses you like.

Like your Rectimascop 48/2x front lens with ISCO integrated rear lens, you will get a 1.3x or less ratio.  

Thanks, I only bought it recently from ebay seller Mario Gorlas (die_bitsbox  http://www.ebay.de/usr/die_bitsbox?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754). He had it serviced by a former film technician. They met each other at WDR station, where he also used to service analog film cutting tables. He's also familiar with anamorphics and now services all of Marios lenses.

I would not know how to open the Bolex but I can tell from my recent experiences with the Rectimascop that front and rear elements are correctly aligned (...that's the case if the horizontal flares of front and back lens are parallel and the image is perfectly sharp also if you look directly through the lens). The Rectimascop is a great lens to learn such things as it's very simple to disassemble. Also the focus marks of the Bolex hit precisely.

Hi guys

I Have one of this lens for sale, I am from Israel, How much would you guys offer for it with the original case and H16-Rx ring (see attached photos), I don't understand much about this lens,  but it seams like it worth fortune as it was sold for 1350-1600 USD in the past few months, I also have the kit which includes a handle with a remote and some kind of front hood for the camera... if anyone interested let me know

all the best

IMG_3144.JPG

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3149.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3143.JPG

15 minutes ago, Omri Alfassy said:

Hi guys

I Have one of this lens for sale, I am from Israel, How much would you guys offer for it with the original case and H16-Rx ring (see attached photos), I don't understand much about this lens,  but it seams like it worth fortune ...

Wow, Omri! Your sample seems to be in immaculate condition. If the optics and mechanics hold the same standards as we see in your pictures, there should be no problem selling it at your estimate in this market. Thank you for posting it!

(Just curious, is that wet wipes on the left in the last image? And if so, did you clean the optics with them?)

Great, that is good to hear (I took it from a laboratory in a university I visited that  was close down since the prof. died and they wanted to throw it to the bin ....Just because "it is an old lens that nobody will use" and nobody used since the 70's..."  )
As an amateur photographer I had good filling about it ... what do you think about the rest of the kit does it worth much?

18 minutes ago, SigurdW said:

Wow, Omri! Your sample seems to be in immaculate condition. If the optics and mechanics hold the same standards as we see in your pictures, there should be no problem selling it at your estimate in this market. Thank you for posting it!

(Just curious, is that wet wipes on the left in the last image? And if so, did you clean the optics with them?)

Yes this are wet wipes, BUT, HALL NO!!!,  I didn't use them to clean the lens it belongs to my baby girlshe is 1 years old and we have them everywhere around the house thanks to my wife .. LOL 

Haha, phew :) Got nerves just by seeing them in the same image! 

Wow! You definetely hit the jackpot there! Yeah, I mean you have it all there. However, for most of us on this forum, the glass is the only thing with value - the rest are just considered potential resale bonuses.

But the right buyer will go mad over this complete kit! I got the mounting system with my 16/32 sample and recently aquired a good old H16, can't wait to use them together. That is something I think would have been impossible to source on its own.

If someone is still interested 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322355852614

Rare-Bolex-Anamorphic-16-32-1-5x-w-H16-RX-Ring and case  Moller System 

thank tou all and feel free to ask questions 

some extra photos just to show how clear the lens as I did stupid mistake and copy paste an old ad someone posted on ebay and didn't check it very well

happy bidding and thank you all for your help 

IMG_3154.PNG

IMG_3155.PNG

My first 'experiment' with the Samsung and Bolex. I find it razor sharp but what a job to focus...The pancake lens is superb, but very thin. I have to practise to find the focus rings faster. Perhaps I will try an NX 45mm f1.8 lens. Question; how can you ad warp stabilizer? I do get failure, I do have to 'nest' warp stabilizer?

On 26-12-2016 at 11:48 PM, keessie65 said:

My first 'experiment' with the Samsung and Bolex. I find it razor sharp but what a job to focus...The pancake lens is superb, but very thin. I have to practise to find the focus rings faster. Perhaps I will try an NX 45mm f1.8 lens. Question; how can you ad warp stabilizer? I do get failure, I do have to 'nest' warp stabilizer?

Laat het me weten als je ooit verkoopt. Gr Tomas 

1 hour ago, keessie65 said:

Bolex, my lens for a lifetime.... another 40 years ;-) pictures taken in De Efteling - The Netherlands. Film follows. First picture is not sharp, the X-mas tree left is better.

I know that feel, sold my Moller 19/1.5x and now I miss it so much, it was one of the greatest anamorphics I had in my collection. Now I'm really tempted to get a 32/1.5x.

19 minutes ago, funkyou86 said:

I know that feel, sold my Moller 19/1.5x and now I miss it so much, it was one of the greatest anamorphics I had in my collection. Now I'm really tempted to get a 32/1.5x.

If... you focussed well, the quality is impressive! Good luck with searching!