For those in love with the FULL FRAME look which system gets closest in 4K?

Andrew Reid

10 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I would wait and see what initial reviews say about rolling shutter, battery life, and overheating. All are big issues on the current Sony cams, and it remains to be seen if they've been improved at all in this model.

Rolling shutter is at its most obvious when used with a small hand-held camera with very little weight (for natural stabilization), and no in-body stabilization. So I would guess that, visually, at-least, the RS effects will be reduced. Some of the image processing seems speeded up too, but whether that affects the 6K readout from the sensor is not clear.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/7/2016 at 1:28 AM, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I would wait and see what initial reviews say about rolling shutter, battery life, and overheating. All are big issues on the current Sony cams, and it remains to be seen if they've been improved at all in this model.

Definitely THIS!

When the a6300 specs were announced and the first round of hotel balcony tests were done by various YouTubers last March, the vast majority of people commenting were getting ready to sell all their gear and move over to Sony. Personally, I didn't have any gear worth selling but I was almost sold on the a6300 and couldn't help thinking how much money I would save on my original preferred choice.

Thankfully, circumstances dictated that I would have to wait another month or so before parting with any money - by which time the dreaded overheating issue came to light and the vast majority of people commenting on various forums were now getting ready to call the fire brigade.

I cannot see how the a6500, which is about the same size as the a6300 but with the added furnace inducing spec that is IBIS, can possibly avoid the same issue without Sony raising the critical temperature warning to something that won't switch the camera off, but will cause it to melt.

Even if that is not an issue, it is still best to wait some months for the lemmings to test the drop height.

12 hours ago, BrorSvensson said:

no that is equal to super 35mm cameras. full frame is 36x24

Just to confuse things, 35mm film in still cameras runs the film horizontally so the height of the frame is 24mm (allowing for sprocket holes) in movie cameras the film runs vertically so the width of the frame is 24mm, and height scaled proportionately