GH5 10-bit 4:2:2 internal?

Germy1979

10 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Yeah If only we can get the Varicam image out of the GH line. Or RAW or any decent codec. As these dslr's codecs suck. I know I can only speak for narrative filmmakers out there. And 80% of the dslr users are probably doing more event, business, wedding, travel, sport videos and could care less. 

I am hoping the same too, really don`t like sony look at all, so my hopes are here, otherwise will have to go canon route....sadly.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 06/09/2016 at 2:52 AM, The Chris said:

I picked top end m43/aps-c (Sony, Nikon) and just for shits I threw in the RX100. Guess which one the m43 is closest to? Unless your vision sucks too, it's the 1" sensor, not aps-c. If you use the d810 or the a7r/II the difference is wider. Picking an old Canon is a waste of time. But my point is easily made, the difference is easy to see, not "almost indistinguishable" as the poster spewing bullshit hyperbole said. 

But to use your example, which camera is better at high ISO? Hint, it's not the GH4. So your point is bunk as well. 

Is this your usual tone, or are you suffering from oral leprosy. 

2 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

I have a question for you guys. What do you think effect the image of a camera the most?

1. The sensor
  2. The codec
  3. The processor
  4. Other

I would say other, Canon uses different sensors and processors, same or less robust codec, and still a better image, it is the way how the color are managed/mised

It's funny, I have only minimal interest in 4k video in the first place and even less in 6k. For my needs, better low light performance, less rolling shutter distortion and in body stabilization are way more enticing features. 

My dream features would be if they added compressed raw and global shutter.  I'm tired of the resolution wars.  Make the cameras more useful please.

But I'm a realist and I know that will never happen in a pro-sumer camera.

On September 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM, MountneerMan said:

I have a question for you guys. What do you think effect the image of a camera the most?

1. The sensor
  2. The codec
  3. The processor
  4. Other

5. All of the above.

Obviously it's the sensor at the base of the image chain. How much light it can capture, bit depth at which it captures it and how accurate it is matter a lot. But even before that, the lens you use is what the sensor is capturing so that might be even more important than the sensor itself. The processor applies color science to decode the sensor data into an image that looks good so that has a lot to do with it as well. The codec then takes away data and accentuates other details and so on. So that has a lot to do with the image too.  Finally, the artist behind the camera has a part to play as well. ;-)

(Berlin, September 15): Panasonic today announced that the new GH5 will be completely wireless - no headphone jack or mic jack. A spokesman said "We consulted Swedish video and audio experts, and they all agreed that analog audio ports were a thing of the past. They thought wireless micing was the way to go. Since they know more than anyone about these issues, we at Panasonic decided, given the go-ahead by Apple, to save money and space on the camera with this initiative."  Panasonic will also be coming out with a new line of wireless mics that will have rechargeable batteries. Battery life was not available at this time. Industry enthusiasts who devote a lot of time to on-line forums welcomed this advance.

39 minutes ago, markr041 said:

(Berlin, September 15): Panasonic today announced that the new GH5 will be completely wireless - no headphone jack or mic jack. A spokesman said "We consulted Swedish video and audio experts, and they all agreed that analog audio ports were a thing of the past. They thought wireless micing was the way to go. Since they know more than anyone about these issues, we at Panasonic decided, given the go-ahead by Apple, to save money and space on the camera with this initiative."  Panasonic will also be coming out with a new line of wireless mics that will have rechargeable batteries. Battery life was not available at this time. Industry enthusiasts who devote a lot of time to on-line forums welcomed this advance.

I heard a rumour from a trusted source, who I just made up this minute, that the Panasonic GH5 will also have a "Hollywood Mode". 

What this means it that by turning on "Hollywood Mode", the sensor organically triples in image performance and whatever you are shooting looks like a Hollywood film instantly. 

The only issue with this mode is that it's in a buffer mode that records half a second per clip, and the file is 500GB in 4k. So by stitching together a 2 second clip, it would be 2TB. Sadly, the final output is limited to 4:2:0 8bit - so it requires a lot of skill to get Hollywood Mode right. 

Also Sony will announce their Sony A7F camera alongside their lineup. The "F" stands for "fire". What this means is that you can shoot video in 6k, and the camera takes advantage of the heat generated by6k recording using Stacked CMOS Ignition Sensor technology. This uses the heat to ignite some flames in front of the sensor, and the inner chrome finish on the mount reflects gorgeous light leaks between the back element and the sensor. 

Another trusted source who is very unreliable said Canon will release a groundbreaking huge surprise with the 5DC-M. The camera is a full frame mirrorless camera for the Cinema EOS range, targeted at previous 5D and 1DC video shooters. The camera records in 4k 10 bit 4:2:2 up to 60fps, and HD up to 180fps in the XF codec. The camera can shoot in full framed Super 35mm in all modes. It also has DPAF, 5-axis in-camera stabilisation, Clog3 and 14 stops of dynamic range, as well as a new improved HDR mode.

The unique class-leading features in the new 5DC-M include a now removable touchscreen back LCD which connects to the camera wirelessly, and videographers can use DPAF in very creative ways by using the LCD remotely for gimbals, jibs, sliders and handheld work when the operator is using the EVF. The camera will also come with an XC15 style XLR attachment that sits on the hotshoe.

Another incredible feature is an open source software platform to unlock further features out of the camera, like raw video, Magic Lantern style. This is so users can customise the power of the camera to their liking - a massive step up from Canon's often conservative approach. This could mean 4k/60p raw!

Before getting excited, the price is steep at $14500 for the body and it will never be available to buy. Ever. 

3 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Before getting excited, the price is steep at $14500 for the body and it will never be available to buy. Ever. 

Canon were eager to point out that you can have some of these features at 720p, less features at 1080p and even less (in fact only a couple of) features in 4k

and we are still gonna charge you at least 14500...its a billy bargain!

1 hour ago, The Chris said:

Looks like he was right on the money for the two cameras we now know about. Though the LX15 is the new FZ.

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-full-gx85-lx10-fz2500-press-text-leaked/

Mix a little cyanide with water and drink. It's mostly good. 

But seriously, the reason why I said that was the top of the list has "6k video" which no one has suggested and to put it in a list shows complete ignorance of what the rumors actually are. 

3 minutes ago, Orangenz said:

Mix a little cyanide with water and drink. It's mostly good. 

But seriously, the reason why I said that was the top of the list has "6k video" which no one has suggested and to put it in a list shows complete ignorance of what the rumors actually are. 

http://www.eoshd.com/2016/02/panasonic-gh5-to-come-at-photokina-2016-shoots-6k-video-and-4k-60p/

Actually 6k has been suggested. I don't think we'll see it either, but its come up. Enjoy your beverage.