Edelkrone Wing

jonpais

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, jonpais said:

I first saw this over at SlashCam - a very portable small slider solution with a travel of 1.3 feet. It can handle 1.5 Kg.

https://www.edelkrone.com/p/187/wing

image.jpeg

I saw this somewhere this morning too. Edelkrone really makes some amazing products. Only if they would price them a little less (30-50% less), they could rid of all the duplicates as well a huge part of the competition. 

42 minutes ago, andrgl said:

Way too expensive for a fully manual "slider".

I'd also be weary of Edelkrone. I've owned the SliderPlus, Pro, Action and Wizard. Their products are often flawed, especially when it comes to the tolerance of moving parts (which is critical). 

I think it's terrible if their quality control is not too good. And could be worse if they don't have great customer service either. 

4 hours ago, photographer-at-large said:

Hoping for Wing Pro announcement at upcoming IBC.

Prototype Wing shown at NAB 14 had more range:

Maybe that 1 metre was too much, and therefore the shorter travel distance makes it more sturdy. 

Also, I noticed that adapter at the bottom, which helps it slide in many different directions (in the same 180 degree trajectory, though). 

4 hours ago, Inazuma said:

There's nothing else like this on the market though. If a company like Manfrotto released this I bet it would be far more expensive

Well there are some other pretty similar products actually. I got linked to this company's facebook page from some site just a few days ago, apparently this one is also motorized as well. Not sure on the cost though, but it looks pretty much identical: 

https://www.facebook.com/glidearm/

8 hours ago, sanveer said:

I think it's terrible if their quality control is not too good. And could be worse if they don't have great customer service either. 

I purchased Edelkrone's original slider when it first came out, but could never get a smooth shot with it, though I must say their customer service department always responded promptly. A few years after buying the slider, I noticed rust gathering on the rollers. Edelkrone emailed me immediately and offered to replace my 3 year-old slider with the new Slider Plus, if I was willing to pay just a few dollars for shipping. The replacement arrived very quickly, and has no 'manufacturing defects'.  I would rate their customer service very highly, and would not hesitate to purchase from them again. 

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

One thing the Wing doesn't have is motion control. 

Check out the SliderONE wit motion module for portability. 

I've just picked up the SliderPLUS Pro with both motion modules. 

Edelkrone are the only company where I crave all their products! 

I think the short sliders with motion modules would be great for interviews.

11 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

One thing the Wing doesn't have is motion control. 

Check out the SliderONE wit motion module for portability. 

I've just picked up the SliderPLUS Pro with both motion modules. 

Edelkrone are the only company where I crave all their products! 

Really? Motion module is so fucking loud. I ended up dumping my copy on a docu shooter who literally begged me to take it back, I think near the end he was willing to pay me almost $500 to take back the plus+motion+target combo.

Have you tried your slider on sticks? After a few months the timing belt fucks up and there's this were rattle at center when travelling. And the target head has so much play and backlash, it visibly wobbles at focal lengths greater than 35mm.

On 26/8/2016 at 11:50 PM, Parker said:

Well there are some other pretty similar products actually. I got linked to this company's facebook page from some site just a few days ago, apparently this one is also motorized as well. Not sure on the cost though, but it looks pretty much identical: 

https://www.facebook.com/glidearm/

This one is like the glidearm but a lot cheaper... (from 700$ to 300$)

https://www.came-tv.com/products/came-tv-folding-arm-slider-sl02

Still, it seems easier to use a proper head on Edelkone's wing but it is an expensive product without any assurance of how it's going to perform.

10 hours ago, andrgl said:

Really? Motion module is so fucking loud. I ended up dumping my copy on a docu shooter who literally begged me to take it back, I think near the end he was willing to pay me almost $500 to take back the plus+motion+target combo.

Have you tried your slider on sticks? After a few months the timing belt fucks up and there's this were rattle at center when travelling. And the target head has so much play and backlash, it visibly wobbles at focal lengths greater than 35mm.

The SliderOne + Motion Module at slow speeds seems quite usable for interviews, the SliderPlus Pro, not at all.