Give me that d750 Intelligence

hansel

Hello,

I know the d750 does not get so much attention here but as this is my main source for video nerdery I was wondering if anybody can point me to some more d750 knowledge

I am looking for:

- General video shooter guide / best practice

- Been fiddling with the picture profiles but quickly ran into a wall. e.g. If I want a custom Monochrome profile I have no idea how to create that while keeping what's there intact. Is there a way to create new picture profiles out of Camera or are there any advanced things I can do in camera?.

- Only just read about a Nikon hack but the Nikon Hack website is confusing me slightly. Has there been anything done for the sevenfiddy?

Thanks to anyone making Eoshd what it is. A true pleasure it is!

So hot right now, here ;)

Best, Hansel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

1) Practice! Don't shoot crop mode.

2) When in video mode hit the info button and go into the monochrome picture profile and adjust it from there

3) D750 does not have a hack at this time, and it does not seem like it will. The D7000, D800 and a couple other nikon cameras have the same internals and are the one's that currently have a hack.

1) I have not used the crop mode yet although I was considering it to get some more lenght out of my lenses if needed... There are things like High ISO NR which I have turned off so far. Apparently there is a peak DR for the d750 would you know at which ISO this would be?

2) This does not work for me but I might have tinkered to much with the custom button settings. Setting ISO is a bit of a piss take on this body imho.

3) :(

CHEERS

Welcome, glad to see another D750 fan here! A friend of mine got one of these recently as his first DSLR. And I've got wedding photographer friends who use them too.
As a Nikon shooter myself (D50 => D90 => D5200 , chose the D5200 thanks to EOSHD!) I am tempted by the D750 indeed, especially as it has experienced a big price drop lately. (just need to save up that $$$$ 1st!)

1 hour ago, hansel said:

Hello,

I know the d750 does not get so much attention here but as this is my main source for video nerdery I was wondering if anybody can point me to some more d750 knowledge

I am looking for:

- General video shooter guide / best practice

- Been fiddling with the picture profiles but quickly ran into a wall. e.g. If I want a custom Monochrome profile I have no idea how to create that while keeping what's there intact. Is there a way to create new picture profiles out of Camera or are there any advanced things I can do in camera?.

- Only just read about a Nikon hack but the Nikon Hack website is confusing me slightly. Has there been anything done for the sevenfiddy?

Thanks to anyone making Eoshd what it is. A true pleasure it is!

So hot right now, here ;)

Best, Hansel

i would personally never shoot in a monochrome picture profile because if you change your mind in post you cant get color back, just stay in the Flaat profile and make the color/black and white choice afterwards.

Dear Bror,

changing to monochrome in post makes perfect sense.

Dear Iron,

not sure If I am a fan, I do like the camera after a few month now. Had quite a few AI-S laying around I was happy just popping them on. The stills are amazing at least from where I was coming from. But the hardware and specially the controls are a bit ridicules (e.g. iso selection). I can make do ;) but there is much to be desired. Still quite happy that I am away from Canon now, they seem to be trolling.

24 minutes ago, hansel said:

Dear Bror,

changing to monochrome in post makes perfect sense.

Dear Iron,

not sure If I am a fan, I do like the camera after a few month now. Had quite a few AI-S laying around I was happy just popping them on. The stills are amazing at least from where I was coming from. But the hardware and specially the controls are a bit ridicules (e.g. iso selection). I can make do ;) but there is much to be desired. Still quite happy that I am away from Canon now, they seem to be trolling.

What's wrong with the ISO selection? It has the ISO button right by the shutter and you can set it to AUTO if you want to.

@Geoff CB,

So far I have managed to configure it in the way that in stills mode I have ISO on the record button (standard forces you to use two hands, button on the  left, to my knowledge). If I pop it into video mode it reverts back to that. Another problem I have is that if I am shooting and trying to adjust ISO (maybe I should be using exposure compensation?!?) the automatic preview prevends me from doing that by either not doing anything (record button) or it zooms the preview out. Maybe you have hint or best practice for that?