Canon 5d Mark IV press release and specs!

omar

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Newshooter had a hands on play with it:

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/08/25/hands-on-preview-canon-5d-mkiv-has-4k-internal-recording-with-a-1-74x-crop/

4 minutes ago, kaylee said:

is ml possible without cfast?

ML is possible with CF and SD, don't know what you mean??

Probably wouldn't get 4K raw without CFast though. 

14 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

ML is possible with CF and SD, don't know what you mean??

Probably wouldn't get 4K raw without CFast though. 

thats exactly what i meant, thank you

any chance of ml turning their attention towards the 1dxii? maybe the 5d mark v will have cfast 2.0 when it comes out in 2020 ?

What really baffled me here with the 5DMKIV, 1DX MKII and MJPEG, is that the XC10 (Like it or hate it) is a 2000 USD Camera with an inferior Image processor (Digic 5) but comes with a more "modern" codec : XF-AVC 4.2.2 Codec 8Bit internal and 10 external and Canon Log.

If they could have done that on a Digic5 IP, why can't they do that on a new Digic6+ IP??!?!?

22 minutes ago, TSV said:

What really baffled me here with the 5DMKIV, 1DX MKII and MJPEG, is that the XC10 (Like it or hate it) is a 2000 USD Camera with an inferior Image processor (Digic 5) but comes with a more "modern" codec : XF-AVC 4.2.2 Codec 8Bit internal and 10 external and Canon Log.

If they could have done that on a Digic5 IP, why can't they do that on a new Digic6+ IP??!?!?

Because the XC10 has a small detail called cooler fan......

^ Indeed which is why my current setup consists of a DPAF C100 & 5D3 (both of which cost me less total than a 5D4!) Of course that is exactly what Canon wants / forces you to do within their ecosystem. Needless to say though I'll be looking elsewhere for future upgrade path..

9 minutes ago, gelaxstudio said:

Canon steal the idea from ML,it composed different iso frame to form the HDR video,that explain why this feature must works with ISO above 400  

Canon stole the idea from ML? Please reread that comment with a rational mind. ML would not have existed without Canon. And I highly doubt ML invented HDR.