Canon 5d Mark IV press release and specs!

omar

Canon press release: http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-5d-mark-iv-dslr/

The Canon 5d Mark IV press release just happened and I've never been more excited to sell all of my canon gear and switch to Sony! LOL

All jokes aside I'm sure this camera is great but I'm also sure people will be underwhelmed by the specs and lack of video functionality. But that's just canon, we shouldn't be surprised. This camera will still sell like hot cakes. 

As a video guy I look forward for new cameras and new tech but with canon not so much. They have become predictable and boring. Yes their images are great and their cameras are well built but I just would like to see more innovation and more video features on their DSLRs. I mean how hard is to add peaking or false color to these cameras? 

Anyways that's just my two cents. I'm sure I'm probably wrong about all this :p

What do you guys and gals think?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

DPR says 1.64x crop.

https://***URL removed***/reviews/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-first-impressions-review/6

"Our largest concerns are around whether or not the 5D IV will be seen as a serious video tool for years to come, due to its Motion JPEG limitation and lack of Clean HDMI output in 4K (not to mention its 1.64x crop), as well as its lack of video support tools like zebras and Log gamma. The extremely high bitrates and CF card requirements may steer many towards shooting 1080p, which we'd expect is soft-as-usual. Finally, we wish Canon's viewfinder AF were more versatile and less situation-specific, capable of following subjects around the frame as well as its own Dual Pixel AF system."

HDR doesn't work with 4K, only 1080. 

I'd want to see this up against a BMPCC, maybe it is merely only doing catch up at best and is not gaining ahead in any way. 

Plus what downsides does doing HDR video have? That is another unknown.