SLR Magic Anamorphot usable w/ A7R2 + Zeiss 24mm 1.8, Sony FE55mm 1.8?

tellure

Does anyone have experience using the SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x 50 with a Sony A7R2 (or any recent A7 series camera) and any of the following lenses:

• Zeiss 24mm 1.8 (APS-C)
  • Sony 10-18mm f/4 (APS-C)
  • Sony FE55mm 1.8 (full-frame)

I'm considering picking up the Anamorphot 1.33 50 for an upcoming trip but from what I've read the pairing between the anamorphot and the lens is quite important so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with any of the above lenses.  Thanks for any help!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, tellure said:

Does anyone have experience using the SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x 50 with a Sony A7R2 (or any recent A7 series camera) and any of the following lenses:

• Zeiss 24mm 1.8 (APS-C)
  • Sony 10-18mm f/4 (APS-C)
  • Sony FE55mm 1.8 (full-frame)

I'm considering picking up the Anamorphot 1.33 50 for an upcoming trip but from what I've read the pairing between the anamorphot and the lens is quite important so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with any of the above lenses.  Thanks for any help!

No wide lenses with the Anamorphot.

http://www.slrmagic.co.uk/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/3/

Suggested taking lens based on sensor size:

40-85mm focal length can be used for Full Frame sensor.

Thanks, really appreciate the video!  Great to see some actual samples with the lens I have (and the FE 35mm 2.8 which I was considering given that 35mm is the lowest you can go on full-frame).

I have to say though the quality in the video didn't impress much.  Obviously it's HD from an A7R so the video is not up to current 4K standards but even just the anamorphic features I was hoping to see like some nice lens flares seem absent (e.g. in the night street scenes).

Compared to this video shot on the A7S w/ Canon 50mm 1.8 II which has tons of flares.  Maybe because he's shooting at f/2.8 - f/4?

The aperture does not affect the flares. The quality of the videos differs, but it is crucial to read the others reviews before you buy the lens. This forum is the greatest resource!

Here's another flare test:

The SLR Anamorphot gives you digital flares and a not so vintage look, it could be what you're looking for, maybe not, it's your choice. Sharp from f2.8-f4, so don't expect to shoot wide open. I personally would love to use it for several projects, but I just invested into a 2x ana lens :D