Canon XC15

gatopardo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
57 minutes ago, JR Lipartito said:

I was thinking that exact same thing. If you look at the top-down image of the leaked photos, you'll see that the accessory shoe on top is not a hot-shoe for attaching a flash like the original XC10 has, it's a cold shoe with a screw hole, just like the C100 mkII has for mounting the XLR handle.

The first image attached is the leaked XC15 and below that is the same angle on the XC10.

canon_xc15_t001.jpg

canon-XC10-designboom08.jpg

Very good spotting! I'd assumed it was just one audio input for XLR and nothing else  but this does indicate a handle

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Do you go on refrigerator forums and post about refrigerators that don't interest you too? :grin:

Don't shoot the messenger.

Just thought you guys would be interested. It's like going in an appliance store to peruse... Then saying you ain't interested in the refrigerator, but enough to tell your friend, who is actually looking for a fridge... "Yo! There is a sale on this fridge here."

BTW, I do that all the time... When my wife wants to go shopping and drags me along... I peruse the electronic section... Walk through bestbuy... To pass the time, get to know the latest gadgets.... Stay a top of things in terms of tech...

Don't be all touchy and heart broken if someone said something bad about your camera. Even if it is as simple as "I'm not interested."?

27 minutes ago, Danny G. Taillon said:

Maybe it's the same kind of audio connector found on the C300 MKI and MK II, where you would plug in an external module (with 2 XLR) and mount it on the hot shoe..

Already mentioned in posts before yours.

I think the addition of a shoe mount XLR adapter is a good upgrade but I hope they also add ND adjustments as well.

57 minutes ago, mkabi said:

Don't be all touchy and heart broken if someone said something bad about your camera. Even if it is as simple as "I'm not interested."?

It was a joke.

I just found it funny that you came here to simply post that you were not interested... There are about 5000 cameras that I am not interested in... I just forget about them!

CANON SHOULD TAKE NOTE: What I'm seeing here is a very large response to Andrew's commentary in a VERY short time--less than a day. This tells me there is a lot of interest in this camera everyone mocked and hated not all that long ago--mocked and hated without actually trying.

I'd really look forward to a more in-depth review of the XC10 by Andrew--and let's hope there's more under the hood of the XC15 than we see outwardly. Let's think good thoughts to help make it happen. Canon, don't screw this up!

2 hours ago, ebo said:

I use the XC10 next to my 1D C, you can use the same Kinotehnik loupe on both camera's, works perfect ( better than the xc10 canon loupe )

What model Kinotehnik are you talking about.

12 minutes ago, tomsemiterrific said:

CANON SHOULD TAKE NOTE: What I'm seeing here is a very large response to Andrew's commentary in a VERY short time--less than a day. This tells me there is a lot of interest in this camera everyone mocked and hated not all that long ago--mocked and hated without actually trying.

I'd really look forward to a more in-depth review of the XC10 by Andrew--and let's hope there's more under the hood of the XC15 than we see outwardly. Let's think good thoughts to help make it happen. Canon, don't screw this up!

What model Kinotehnik are you talking about.

this one, see photo

Schermafbeelding 2016-08-30 om 20.48.37.png

2 hours ago, ebo said:

this one, see photo

Schermafbeelding 2016-08-30 om 20.48.37.png

I actually have a one like that but no way to attach it securely--it's a real pain to deal with. The Zacuto adds weight and bulk, but it is stable and problem free once it's secured. How do you attach this on?

4 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

A handle would be killer. I remember being a tiny bit surprised that there wasn't one for the original xc10. This just got very interesting.

A lot of things might be added, but I'd avoid anything that adds bulk or weight---not completely avoidable altogether, but a goal, IMO, to try to maintain. Many other things are much more important in my view: an additional level of ND filter would be great to eliminate the need for an external Variable ND altogether. Better AF if not DPAF, better MF--I hate the type of MF on this lens--maybe I just don't know how to use it, but a camera man's performance depends upon practice, and practice involve muscle memory training and repetition---something impossible with the MF on this lens. I love shooting MF with the 1dC...I'd prefer having the traditional MF on the XC10. Another one or two assign buttons would also be great, and the one push AF is not always dependable for me--especially if the exposure isn't near ideal. A few more levels of F-stop would be appreciated, and more zebra levels.

If I could get all these improvements I'd be happy to pass on a handle or similar such things.

My XC10 with my C100MkII top handle (pretending to be) attached. In reality it'd be more flush and low profile as I've had to add an additional hotshoe to put it in place. I imagine Canon will go for something smaller but using the same unit doesn't seem outside the realms of possibility. Considering the XC10 compliments the C100 so well it'd make some sense. A unit like Sony's for the A7 cameras would be much more compact but wouldn't integrate a handle.IMG_2493.JPG.

I made my own top handle for my XC10 - using a Smallrig hotshoe handle and Beachtek MMC-2 - which works great as an audio unit. No XLR but with a radio mic and VMP it offers v good sound, audio controls and the top handle works great with the 5-axis for stadicam like shots. Also it can be added, detached quickly just like the C100:

IMG_2852.JPG