Recording Skype (or equivalent) interview?

DPC

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A good method is to have both parties record themselves separately into their own audio recorder, then the interviewee emails their recording to you to mix with your recording (assuming we are talking about audio only?) The benefit of recording audio separately is that the quality is far superior and any audio dropout during the Skype call will be avoided. The actual Skype call between you both can be considered the 'talkback' channel to communicate, rather than the source to be recorded.

If a video Skpe call, then the same method can be done with screen capture software, a dedicated video recorder such as ninja through HDMI...or at a push - filming off the screen.

Audio is less forgiving over image quality, so the separate audio recording technique is probably the thing to prioritise IMHO.

Thanks! It's going to be video and I only need one side of the conversation recorded (incoming, to me). I have to cut the interview with others made in more controlled conditions. I did some tests using Skype and a Quicktime screen recording but the whole process was pretty clunky.

It's the sort of thing a client thinks (wrongly) will be easy...