5DIV full spec and full image leak

wolf33d

9 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

The a6300 doesn't overheat in 1080, has similar readouts to the 5d3 at 1080, has axis display, has built in EVF, has focus magnification and peaking without custom firmware, has very usable autofocus, has slow motion up to 120fps, has a log profile and does have a nice colour rendition. The a6300 is objectively good for run & gun, and really has a lot of advantages over the 5D3 for other stuff too. 

indeed it's why i said YMMV depending on your shooting scenario. personally ergonomics is a must. but the real deal breaker for me is the horrendous rolling shutter, never seen something so bad in a camera tbh!

6 minutes ago, forofilms said:

As has been brought up numerous times, 5diii resolution is closer to that of 720p than 1080p.

If you have doubts about this, please do a first-hand comparison of the a7s' 1080 image with that of Canon's "1080" image.  

that's because A7S does full pixel readout and 5D3 bins.. but 5D3 resolution is still 1080p even if softer then A7S etc..

C100 for example downscales 1080p from a 4K sensor.. result is it's a lot sharper then 5D3, which is why C100 is my A-Cam but still I can match up 5D3 pretty close in post. it's not that big of a deal imo.. that being said it's definitely a shame if the 5D4 still bins at 1080p and gives out a softer image..

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 minutes ago, Django said:

indeed it's why i said YMMV depending on your shooting scenario. personally ergonomics is a must. but the real deal breaker for me is the horrendous rolling shutter, never seen something so bad in a camera tbh!

that's because A7S does full pixel readout and 5D3 bins.. but 5D3 resolution is still 1080p even if softer then A7S etc..

I know, but as a user, i don't care about what's going on under the hood, I only care about the final outcome. And the 5diii's outcome is short of true 1080p,

2 hours ago, bamigoreng said:

Heh, nothing about colors... http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=30469.600

Ebrahim Saadawi

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

« Reply #612 on: August 12, 2016, 06:47:43 PM »

Video thoughts: 

-4K 30p. 

GREAT. 

(People, 60p fries up the 1DXII with it's enormous heatsink so not a matter of CFast. Also, no other camera on the market does more than 30p so it's a strange compaint)

-1080p@60p and 720p@120p 

Not so bad but not great. Good that we'll get 4x slowmotion when we need it for decent 720 HD quality. 

MJPEG 4:2:2 500Mbps

GREAT!!!. Broadcast quality codec and enormous files with tons of film latitude, unparalleled codec by any rival. 

-30.4 megapixels

This means Fullframe 4K for sure. The 1Dx has a sensor resolution close enough to make a 1:1 crop and still have a large size video but with 30.4mp sensor if they do a 1:1 readout too, we'd have a 2.8x 4K crop mode. Which is very unlikely. So I hope they make a nice clean downsample from the FF sensor to 4K. 

-Touchscreen 

But where the hell is my DPAF?

Sad stuff: 

1 - No C-Log, just like 1dx. Which means 1DC will still have the most filmic and high DR video in the DSLR line up but it's 5000$ (and the 1DC doesn't have state of the art 30.4mp small body). 

2 - No D750 Nikon Tilt like screen 

3 - No DPAF apparently? that'd be a huge marketing fail. It's an essential marketing point for canon in the market as they own it exclusively and professionals are using it now even on high end C300II. 

4 - No peaking and zebras, two simple ML features they refuse to give. 

Sounds like he's already shot with one. Geez, he's polluting other forums with his BS.

58 minutes ago, Django said:

I see. Only just read what YMMV meant

2 hours ago, forofilms said:

Are you talking photography or video? If the latter, I'm sorry, but 720p doesn't touch 4k, at least not for me. No chance the 5diii is better than an a6300.

This is my 5d mark III raw fight scene (with a couple of lone shots of a6300):

Can you spot the two lone a6300 shots? I dont think you can. The 5d raw BEAT the a6300 around the block especially as I did not have to deal with shitty white balance as on the a6300.

My current reel (80% shots 5d, h264 and raw, a couple a7s and rx10 ii shots):

Only thing I shot 100% with the a6300 (and will ever shoot with that shitty camera):

Now that I've showed a bunch of shit I've made with the 5d and the a6300, I'd love to see your shit. Show me what you've shot with the a6300 that the 5d raw can't touch?

14 minutes ago, hmcindie said:

Now that I've showed a bunch of shit I've made with the 5d and the a6300, I'd love to see your shit. Show me what you've shot with the a6300 that the 5d raw can't touch?

Lol, I think he was comparing the a6300 to the 5D3 h264. Congrats, you are one of the few crazy enough to stick with MLRaw. It is beautiful footage. I've shot about 15 weddings and events with MLRaw and the workflow has driven me to near insanity and added days and days of transcoding to my production schedule (and forget next day edits). So, with all I've invested in Canon I'm annoyed they will once again not be providing the tool I need. 

43 minutes ago, The Chris said:

Sounds like he's already shot with one. Geez, he's polluting other forums with his BS.

have a look here, full on 5D4 FAQ and claim it's his next purchase alongside kit we very well know he can't afford: 

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=30545.msg615042#msg615042

gotta love the first posters reaction: "Do you work for Canon?" lol

Reminds me a lot of this post where ES reveals to us 1DX II info given to him by his "secret Canon contact" who'd just lifted the NDA:

http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/19104-canon-1dx-ii-video-camera-perspective-mini-interview-on-the-missing-details/

Even Andrew had made a blog about it:

http://www.eoshd.com/2016/02/all-is-revealed-canon-1d-x-mark-ii-video-faq/

If you are reading this ES (and good chance he is) please stop spreading BS!

4 hours ago, sandro said:

Don't wanna be offensive but are people still hoping Canon will release the good non crippled hybrid DSLR? Didn't we learn many years ago they will Never release one intentionally to protect their videocameras line?

Canon does release "good" DSLRs.  The "non crippled" part... not so much.  Nothing offensive about saying it.  It's just a fact.

2 hours ago, Inazuma said:

The a6300 is objectively good for run & gun, and really has a lot of advantages over the 5D3 for other stuff too. 

I thought the rolling shutter on the a6300 was pretty bad.  Wouldn't that "objectively" make it a bad run and gun camera?

4 hours ago, bamigoreng said:

Heh, nothing about colors... http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=30469.600

Ebrahim Saadawi

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

« Reply #612 on: August 12, 2016, 06:47:43 PM »

Video thoughts: 

-4K 30p. 

GREAT. 

(People, 60p fries up the 1DXII with it's enormous heatsink so not a matter of CFast. Also, no other camera on the market does more than 30p so it's a strange compaint)

-1080p@60p and 720p@120p 

Not so bad but not great. Good that we'll get 4x slowmotion when we need it for decent 720 HD quality. 

MJPEG 4:2:2 500Mbps

GREAT!!!. Broadcast quality codec and enormous files with tons of film latitude, unparalleled codec by any rival. 

-30.4 megapixels

This means Fullframe 4K for sure. The 1Dx has a sensor resolution close enough to make a 1:1 crop and still have a large size video but with 30.4mp sensor if they do a 1:1 readout too, we'd have a 2.8x 4K crop mode. Which is very unlikely. So I hope they make a nice clean downsample from the FF sensor to 4K. 

-Touchscreen 

But where the hell is my DPAF?

Sad stuff: 

1 - No C-Log, just like 1dx. Which means 1DC will still have the most filmic and high DR video in the DSLR line up but it's 5000$ (and the 1DC doesn't have state of the art 30.4mp small body). 

2 - No D750 Nikon Tilt like screen 

3 - No DPAF apparently? that'd be a huge marketing fail. It's an essential marketing point for canon in the market as they own it exclusively and professionals are using it now even on high end C300II. 

4 - No peaking and zebras, two simple ML features they refuse to give. 

That is really sad.  Poor guy needs help.  That is not normal.

9 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

So to sum up:

Me who own 0 products from canon but have bought pretty much every camera Sony ever made obviously work for Canon.

You praise Canon and say Sony sucks the whole time but you have bought EVERY camera sony ever made and 0 Canon. You must be a real idiot?

2 hours ago, sandro said:

If only Nikon would wake up and set up a video division they could destroy these crippled DSLRs.

Exactly...

10 hours ago, forofilms said:

11 hours ago,  Mattias Burling said: 
The specs so far look great imo. I could imagine myself buying it.
The Codec is the main selling point for me. Also the crop is welcomed.

In all seriousness, do you work for Canon?

The specs are underwhelming, the codec is a prehistoric albatross and the crop is certainly not welcomed. 

He does not work for Canon, but I agree this is really funny. "Specs look great, codec is the main selling point and the crop is welcomed." LOL. Awesome to buy a FF body with huge FF glass to have a M43 crop indeed. That's a revolution!
Matthias you are amazing.

5 hours ago, Django said:

^ i suggest you read the other thread i linked.. SMH

Yeah I read that afterwards. Even crazier! Yoi had multiple replies to that thread referencing EOSHD.com, even linking to EOSHD, but nobody was pointing out the elephant in the room!!

hmmmm...

http://www.canonwatch.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-ivs-dual-pixel-raw-focus-adjustement-postprocessing-new-image-detailed-specs-leaked/

Dual Pixel RAW: One of the RAW file recording both the normal image and the parallax information. Digital Photo Professional of the “Dual Pixel RAW Optimizer” in the can: three of image processing

Image Micro-adjustment: by using the depth information, fine adjustment enables the position of the maximum sharpness and resolution

Bokeh Shift: to change the position of the previous blur (original: repositions the viewpoint of foreground bokeh for a more pleasing result)

Ghosting Reduction: reduces the ghost and flare

edit: whoops sorry if someone already posted this

4 hours ago, swithdrawn said:

Lol, I think he was comparing the a6300 to the 5D3 h264. Congrats, you are one of the few crazy enough to stick with MLRaw. It is beautiful footage. I've shot about 15 weddings and events with MLRaw and the workflow has driven me to near insanity and added days and days of transcoding to my production schedule (and forget next day edits). So, with all I've invested in Canon I'm annoyed they will once again not be providing the tool I need. 

There's no transcoding required with the MLVFS app.

The 5D Mk3 raw image is more solid than the Sonys (I own an A7s) and the BMMCC/Pocket. 4k on the Mk4 will give it a resolution edge over all those cameras but without c-log it's unlikely it will have the dynamic range of the 5D Mk3 raw. None of the aforementioned cameras can match the 5D MK3 raw for dynamic range. The A7s comes close but it has too many issues that have relegated it to production stills and BTS only use. As mentioned the 5D Mk3 H.264 is a bit soft and I expect the Mk4 1080p will be just as soft. Canon could have switched from pixel binning to downsampling but I doubt they would bother improving the 1080p image.

The Magic Lantern crew are working on the digic 6 chip cameras now. There's no way to know if they will succeed with firmware for the Mk4. 4k raw won't happen because Canon chose not to include a fast enough media slot. 4k MJPEG should satisfy the needs of wedding/event videographers, but for narrative filmmaking I'll be sticking to 1080p digital negatives. 62Mbps 4k is size wise roughly equal to 2.39:1 1080p raw. If Magic Lantern happens on the Mk4 and there's slight dynamic range and high ISO improvements, great, otherwise I'll stick to the Mk3 (and pick up a second body cheap) to keep me going until the film Gods bestow an Alexa Mini on me; even then the Mk3 raw will make a great b-cam.

As for Saadawi: he's got 7 days to return the money he stole from James Drummond. If payment is not made in that time I'll contact Sebastian at cinema5D. When I was a cinema5D forum moderator we banned a guy for much less brazen offences. I can't imagine Sebastian allowing a fraud and a thief to continue posting on his site. I meant what I said Ebrahim, pay up or I'll have you banned from every site. I happen to be a respected member of all of them, and I'm friendly with a lot of the mods. We're a global village; people from all nations, races, religions, and sexual orientations are accepted. What we don't accept is thieves stealing from other members of any filmmaking forum. One way or another you are going to pay for your crimes Ebrahim Saadawi. Don't forget Ed's threat to out you to your friends, family, and school either. Me and Ed have put a lot of time into trying to put you on a righteous path. Don't fuck this up son, you will live to regret it.

• Super Members

5 hours ago, wolf33d said:

You praise Canon and say Sony sucks the whole time but you have bought EVERY camera sony ever made and 0 Canon. You must be a real idiot?

Oh how refreshing, a sensitive fanboy doesn't agree with someone else's decision and calls them an idiot :)

Also, please link to page, forum or blog where I've said that I have bought 0 canon cameras. 

I had a discussion at work yesterday and asked the others if they could figure out why this camera (as well as others) is such a hot topic.

I mean, do you guys attack people on the streets for not hitting on your girlfriend? Or do you call people at the pizza shop "idiots" for not choosing the same toping as you? 

All of it kinda supports my theory on it being mostly the assburger part of the film community on forums. The once that sends you a graf or chart when you ask for an example image.

Any who, I don't agree with wolf33d that buying a Sony makes one an idiot, nor buying a 5D. Being upset about it on others behalf though... Maybe not idiotic but definitely a bit disturbed :)

Since the thread is already 100% derailed I will wait until footage is out. Feel free to call me what ever you like while I'm gone. My favorite candy is black liquorice, in case you want something to be upset about :)

8 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Oh how refreshing, a sensitive fanboy doesn't agree with someone else's decision and calls them an idiot :)

:joy::joy::joy:

I do try to stay out of these Nostradoofus 'discussions', but it can be quite amusing. It's a camera: you point it at stuff and magic happens; or doesn't. 

52 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It is worth noting the the 1.7 crop on 4k is purely an educated guess from Andrew... people seem to be using it as a stick to beat Canon with already.... seems odd.

I don't know where that number (1.7) came from. to my calculations it's 1,91 for a 1:1 4k readout. And, if true, that's too much crop in my opinion. Even a tokina 11-16 would be a 21mm FOV that may not be wide enough. 

6 hours ago, squig said:

There's no transcoding required with the MLVFS app.

The 5D Mk3 raw image is more solid than the Sonys (I own an A7s) and the BMMCC/Pocket. 4k on the Mk4 will give it a resolution edge over all those cameras but without c-log it's unlikely it will have the dynamic range of the 5D Mk3 raw. None of the aforementioned cameras can match the 5D MK3 raw for dynamic range. The A7s comes close but it has too many issues that have relegated it to production stills and BTS only use.

I love 5D raw but this is kind of untrue. Having used both, BMCC definitely has the edge on 5D RAW when it comes to DR (unless you're using the dual gain hack, in which case they're neck to neck), but overall I think 5D RAW looks much more pleasing. It has better color handling than Blackmagic and you simply can't beat the full frame look. I've taken a habit of grabbing a few shots with both cameras on every shoot I do, and I always end up using the 5D Raw one. It simply looks better with a lot less grading work required.

And I can easily see people grabbing the MK4. As far as video capable DSLR:s go, 5D:s are some of the most pleasing and hassle-free to use, with an image that's still mostly good enough for most low budget/internet delivery work straight out of the box. Canon's the Apple of cameras; they simply work, and they're easy and fun to use, which can't be said of the likes of Sony or Blackmagic.