5DIV full spec and full image leak

wolf33d

• Super Members
54 minutes ago, forofilms said:

Okay, fair enough. but just don't lie, man. Don't tell me its a competitive offering when it comes to video features. Don't try and tell me or anyone here that we don't need log and peaking at a $3500 price. Don't tell me the MJPEG codec is innovative. And certainly, don't tell me that crop is "welcomed" on piece of kit at this price point.  

Speaking of lies,
Please link to a site, forum or blog where I have ever told you or anybody what you/they do or dont need.

You can debate all you want but dont lie about me. Because then your just an ass instead of a person with an opinion different from mine whom I would respect.
Asses that try to force their opinion on others and turn every single stone to find any half ass reason to why people use a camera accept that they might actually like it, I dont respect at all.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
35 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Speaking of lies,
Please link to a site, forum or blog where I have ever told you or anybody what you/they do or dont need.

You can debate all you want but dont lie about me. Because then your just an ass instead of a person with an opinion different from mine whom I would respect.
Asses that try to force their opinion on others and turn every single stone to find any half ass reason to why people use a camera accept that they might actually like it, I dont respect at all.

This is what you wrote:

"The specs so far look great imo. I could imagine myself buying it.
The Codec is the main selling point for me. Also the crop is welcomed."

It's a bunch of horseshit imho. 

Don't wanna be offensive but are people still hoping Canon will release the good non crippled hybrid DSLR? Didn't we learn many years ago they will Never release one intentionally to protect their videocameras line?

funny thing is that no matter this they will never stop since this will be the best selling dslr, for video as well

3 hours ago, forofilms said:

a6300 works well when used in the right way. Overheats, yes, but the results are stunning. 

I remember going through the negatives several times of all the sony cams I've ever owned (a7s, rx10 ii, nex7 and now the a6300) and for someone to claim they are great cams that destroy the competition... that's just a load of rubbish.

Works well when used in the right way? Ehmm, what kind of using is that? Shooting b-roll of ones own garden? A one-minute music video? The a6300 is basically as good as the a6000 which was as good as the nex-5/7 for video. Absolutely no progress except worse rolling shutter and 4k for tripod shots (yay?). I had a gig for a client, three hours of shooting in a studio, they had a lowish budget but in the end I decided to use the 5d mark III instead of the "stunning quality" a6300 and I have no regrets. The a6300 would've most likely jammed up with overheating. Also as I did not do any color correction, the 5dIII shots already looked good without all the damn tinkering.

Maybe the new firmware has upgraded the 4k to usable temperature wise but the rolling shutter on that thing is such that ... no thanks. Also the usability of the allmighty Sonys is piss poor.

The only Sony I'd recommend is the FS7 and up (maybe the FS5 too, depending). A7sII is usable and the A7s used is a good bargain. But man those Sony consumer cams will break on you, sooner or later. Sony cams are as "crippled" as Nikon or Canon. Those people who claim the Sony codecs are "better than mjpeg from Canon 4k" are people who have never used Canon 4k mjpeg files. They are gorgeous. Sony 100mbit codecs are completely full of macroblocks and destroyed detail when the camera moves even a little.

1 hour ago, Django said:

Today that's a whole different story, Nikon & Sony have caught up... and you'll find the Top 20 cameras of the moment are all Nikon/Sony (and two PhaseOne's) 1DX II ranks 21st, 5DS 27th.. and 5D3 52nd position!

Canon tends to lag Nikon for dynamic range and iso 100 shadows, but, for example, the a6300 is not a better camera than the 5d3, no matter how much you look at the sensor results.

19 minutes ago, sandro said:

Don't wanna be offensive but are people still hoping Canon will release the good non crippled hybrid DSLR? Didn't we learn many years ago they will Never release one intentionally to protect their videocameras line?

funny thing is that no matter this they will never stop since this will be the best selling dslr, for video as well

Actually I was holding it until the announcement of the 5Dmk4. I had very little hope but I wanted to be 100% sure before switching. I can't really say the poor video specs are a surprise but now I know there is nothing to expect from Canon below $6k camera.

Keeping my actual Canon bodies for now, waiting for Sony and Panasonic announcements. Since Canon is so successful at preserving their C-line, I'm going to buy from another brand. #businessgenius

6 minutes ago, forofilms said:

This is what you wrote:

"The specs so far look great imo. I could imagine myself buying it.
The Codec is the main selling point for me. Also the crop is welcomed."

It's a bunch of horseshit imho. 

I mean the codec could be worse, but calling it a selling point is really a stretch. I genuinely want to know how one defends the worse-than-aps-c crop factor, though.  

I get the 5D is a stills camera. The Mk3 fit my needs for many years; I built my business providing a full frame look to clients, shooting wide, with good color. Clients are demanding 4k, so now Canon have forced me to choose to either change my look completely with horrendous crop, or go with Sony and deal with the crappy color. I'll go with Sony, and most of my peers already have made the switch. I wasn't really expecting Canon to come through with a good 4k full frame DSLR under $4000 but I had hope anyway. 

29 minutes ago, hmcindie said:

Canon tends to lag Nikon for dynamic range and iso 100 shadows, but, for example, the a6300 is not a better camera than the 5d3, no matter how much you look at the sensor results.

lol quite obviously. we are talking top bill FF DSLR versus a consumer pocket camera without even a viewfinder. I'd never consider a A6300 over my 5D3 or even a 6D. Too many compromises on usage but fact remains that sony gives access to full readout APS-C 4K, zebra/peaking & S-Log3 for $1K. Add a speedbooster and it's FF 4K! And of course native FF 4K with clean 4K HDMI output, EVF, SLOG, IBIS etc.. for $3K on the A7S2.  Sony offers all this, even though they also have a pricey FS cinema cam line. So my point is simply that Canon could include a few of these goodies on their 3.800 euro flagship 5D4. But no dice. Also, sorry for beating a dead horse here but 1.7x crop is just a real bummer. I buy a Full Frame for a Full Frame look/experience. It becomes even more important with 4K where you'd like the possibility of a jump-in crop in full HD timeline. Well now on the 5D4, my 35mm 1.4 L becomes a 60mm native in 4K.. and my widest 24mm L becomes a 40mm..  that just makes me cringe..

I think the best hope for Canon stills cameras to have the video features that everyone wants will be with their mirrorless line. Think about it, their consumer eos-m3 has focus peaking, but their flag ship full frame model does not... that has to tell you something. Canon's DSLR market is primarily for stills. With the rumored, but practically confirmed, release of a Canon FF mirrorless coming out in late Fall, I believe a lot of these desired features will be included in that camera.

On 17. 8. 2016 at 8:41 PM, The Chris said:

If only Ebrahim were here to write a 5,000 word essay on Canon's colors.

Heh, nothing about colors... http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=30469.600

Ebrahim Saadawi

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

« Reply #612 on: August 12, 2016, 06:47:43 PM »

Video thoughts: 

-4K 30p. 

GREAT. 

(People, 60p fries up the 1DXII with it's enormous heatsink so not a matter of CFast. Also, no other camera on the market does more than 30p so it's a strange compaint)

-1080p@60p and 720p@120p 

Not so bad but not great. Good that we'll get 4x slowmotion when we need it for decent 720 HD quality. 

MJPEG 4:2:2 500Mbps

GREAT!!!. Broadcast quality codec and enormous files with tons of film latitude, unparalleled codec by any rival. 

-30.4 megapixels

This means Fullframe 4K for sure. The 1Dx has a sensor resolution close enough to make a 1:1 crop and still have a large size video but with 30.4mp sensor if they do a 1:1 readout too, we'd have a 2.8x 4K crop mode. Which is very unlikely. So I hope they make a nice clean downsample from the FF sensor to 4K. 

-Touchscreen 

But where the hell is my DPAF?

Sad stuff: 

1 - No C-Log, just like 1dx. Which means 1DC will still have the most filmic and high DR video in the DSLR line up but it's 5000$ (and the 1DC doesn't have state of the art 30.4mp small body). 

2 - No D750 Nikon Tilt like screen 

3 - No DPAF apparently? that'd be a huge marketing fail. It's an essential marketing point for canon in the market as they own it exclusively and professionals are using it now even on high end C300II. 

4 - No peaking and zebras, two simple ML features they refuse to give. 

27 minutes ago, Django said:

lol quite obviously. we are talking top bill FF DSLR versus a consumer pocket camera without even a viewfinder. I'd never consider a A6300 over my 5D3 or even a 6D. Too many compromises on usage but fact remains that sony gives access to full readout APS-C 4K, zebra/peaking & S-Log3 for $1K. Add a speedbooster and it's FF 4K! And of course native FF 4K with clean 4K HDMI output, EVF, SLOG, IBIS etc.. for $3K on the A7S2.  Sony offers all this, even though they also have a pricey FS cinema cam line. So my point is simply that Canon could include a few of these goodies on their 3.800 euro flagship 5D4. But no dice. Also, sorry for beating a dead horse here but 1.7x crop is just a real bummer. I buy a Full Frame for a Full Frame look/experience. It becomes even more important with 4K where you'd like the possibility of a jump-in crop in full HD timeline. Well now on the 5D4, my 35mm 1.4 L becomes a 60mm native in 4K.. and my widest 24mm L becomes a 40mm..  that just makes me cringe..

The bolded above is the critical point.

Put a speedbooster on an a6300 and you have full readout 4k FF with zebra, peaking and log. For under $1500!!

I slap on a Canon 24-105 and have 24-105mm F2.8 full frame 4k!! It's crazy.

Does it overheat in warm weather and extended shoots. Yes. I've been a victim of it myself more than once on paid gigs. Manage your shoot. The camera isn't meant for run-n-gun doco shoots. Get a C100 instead.

20 minutes ago, bamigoreng said:

looks like you missed this thread he started today: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=30545.msg615042#msg615042

i love how it ends with: My next video rig is probably going to be the 5D IV + Zucoto LCD loup + Rode mic + new 24-105mm F4/L.

..right, just after you finish scamming half the forum there...

kid is still living in fantasy world spreading false knowledge.. i'd call him out but no time for it really.. 

1 hour ago, hmcindie said:

the a6300 is not a better camera than the 5d3, no matter how much you look at the sensor results.

Are you talking photography or video? If the latter, I'm sorry, but 720p doesn't touch 4k, at least not for me. No chance the 5diii is better than an a6300.

Since shooting on the C300 II and 1DX II, we don't use the FS700, A7S, GH4, or 5D3. The reason is autofocus and color (except the 5D3). A7S II is still useful for lowlight and also has decent 120fps 1080p slomo (haven't needed the 240fps of the FS700 in a while). To save production time we've switched back to 1080p on the C300 II (need to use 4K on the 1DX II as the 1080p isn't very good). Premiere CC is still very weak for 4K on a powerful computer (FCP X is fine). If the 5D3 does full-frame true 1080p with low rolling shutter and the same or better DPAF, it will be a nice complement to the primarily 4K 1DX II.

Although there's quite a lot of disappointment online about the 5D IV, do remember that the C100 Mk. III should be due within months, going from the release dates of the previous 2. 

That camera will predictably have a minor update with 4K and all the usual bells and whistles - the 5D IV just isn't the camera for video only shooters, although I'm sure it will be great for stills shooters, who also shoot video and have EF lenses.

Unfortunately, I can't consider the 5D IV as the 60p and 120p will likely be mush. And there's no log. I'd only buy it if I had a great need for stills. 

In regards to Sony, they have their quirks but I'm really happy with my results from the A7SII and FS cameras. I love grading and these cameras in Slog can be great learning experiences in exposing and grading for log. The results are far superior to the standard modes when done right. :) 

Also, the GH5 is imminent. My gut tells me it's going to be a huge release.... 

1 hour ago, bamigoreng said:

Heh, nothing about colors... http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=30469.600

Ebrahim Saadawi

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

« Reply #612 on: August 12, 2016, 06:47:43 PM »

Video thoughts: 

-4K 30p. 

GREAT. 

(People, 60p fries up the 1DXII with it's enormous heatsink so not a matter of CFast. Also, no other camera on the market does more than 30p so it's a strange compaint)

-1080p@60p and 720p@120p 

Not so bad but not great. Good that we'll get 4x slowmotion when we need it for decent 720 HD quality. 

MJPEG 4:2:2 500Mbps

GREAT!!!. Broadcast quality codec and enormous files with tons of film latitude, unparalleled codec by any rival. 

-30.4 megapixels

This means Fullframe 4K for sure. The 1Dx has a sensor resolution close enough to make a 1:1 crop and still have a large size video but with 30.4mp sensor if they do a 1:1 readout too, we'd have a 2.8x 4K crop mode. Which is very unlikely. So I hope they make a nice clean downsample from the FF sensor to 4K. 

-Touchscreen 

But where the hell is my DPAF?

Sad stuff: 

1 - No C-Log, just like 1dx. Which means 1DC will still have the most filmic and high DR video in the DSLR line up but it's 5000$ (and the 1DC doesn't have state of the art 30.4mp small body). 

2 - No D750 Nikon Tilt like screen 

3 - No DPAF apparently? that'd be a huge marketing fail. It's an essential marketing point for canon in the market as they own it exclusively and professionals are using it now even on high end C300II. 

4 - No peaking and zebras, two simple ML features they refuse to give. 

Oh FFS , he is *still* carrying on his shenanigan!!

At least on that site he is being honest on his profile that he only owns a Canon Rebel DSLR 

^ i suggest you read the other thread i linked.. SMH

51 minutes ago, forofilms said:

Are you talking photography or video? If the latter, I'm sorry, but 720p doesn't touch 4k, at least not for me. No chance the 5diii is better than an a6300.

5D3 does 1080p. it betters the A6300 in that it's native full frame, has audio output, much much much less rolling shutter, no overheat issues, longer battery life, slightly bigger screen/resolution, axis display and overall better ergonomics, especially if you're shooting manual. of course YMMV. different types of shooters may have different types of priorities.. and you said it yourself a6300 isn't for run & gun..

9 minutes ago, Django said:

5D3 does 1080p. it betters the A6300 in that it's native full frame, has audio output, much much much less rolling shutter, no overheat issues, longer battery life, slightly bigger screen/resolution, axis display and overall better ergonomics, especially if you're shooting manual. of course YMMV. different types of shooters may have different types of priorities.. and you said it yourself a6300 isn't for run & gun..

The a6300 doesn't overheat in 1080, has similar readouts to the 5d3 at 1080, has axis display, has built in EVF, has focus magnification and peaking without custom firmware, has very usable autofocus, has slow motion up to 120fps, has a log profile and does have a nice colour rendition. The a6300 is objectively good for run & gun, and really has a lot of advantages over the 5D3 for other stuff too. 

20 minutes ago, Django said:

As has been brought up numerous times, 5diii resolution is closer to that of 720p than 1080p.

If you have doubts about this, please do a first-hand comparison of the a7s' 1080 image with that of Canon's "1080" image.