5DIV full spec and full image leak

wolf33d

1 hour ago, Cassius McGowan said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. But the only thing that keep canon relevant on the dslr video side is ML. Without them people would've been jumped ship.

So its been a best seller for more than 4 years because of the small percentage of users running ML? Plenty of shooters are using it professionally without ever running ML. Just a brilliant analysis, absolutely brilliant.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, Mattias Burling said:

Please link to the facts you have.

What link do I need to post ? The specifications is right there ,one using codec from the 90s, the  others using newly developed codec,H265 for example

If that is not enough,check out  the A7RII which shoot 4K without any crop and can do supersampling for 4K ,and A7RII achieve it with no need of a fan and a bigger body 

13 minutes ago, gelaxstudio said:

What link do I need to post ? The specifications is right there ,one using codec from the 90s, the  others using newly developed codec,H265 for example

If that is not enough,check out  the A7RII which shoot 4K without any crop and can do supersampling for 4K ,and A7RII achieve it with no need of a fan and a bigger body 

But we can all agree that the A7Rii is not without its faults right?

Every camera Canon has produced for the best 4 years at least gets launched with yawns and general hate from the online community, however still end up being best sellers (and not just because people are blind fanboys). The cameras just work and the footage/stills they produce look good. It happened with the 5d3 and the C100 and the best example was probably the C300. That camera was launched at the same time as the Red Scarlet. On paper the Scarlet destroyed that camera, however the C300 became the most rented camera of pretty much ever. 
Sony on the other hand launches extremely exciting cameras all the time (almost too quickly) that get met with praise for all the features they've managed to jam into the cameras. However upon use users to find all the little quirks their cameras have (menus, colour science, battery life, ergonomics, over heating etc) which push a lot of people back into more stable systems. For tons of users, they are happy to work around these little things because they love the final image, for others it just doesn't work.

Canon and Sony both have some real strengths to them and they both have some real draw backs. They each suit a different style of shooter. Personally I've been waiting on a camera that does excellent stills and videos and for my work Sony just isn't there yet. I primarily shoot events and need a camera that just works all the time and quickly. 
Objectively speaking, the A7Rii definitely outputs a better raw file in photos and shoots nicer videos, but it isn't a quick enough camera in either scenario for my style of shooting.
I'd rather know for sure that I'm going to get the shot than have no shot at all.

Also mentioning h265 isn't super relevant, because the only camera to support it was Samsung's NX1 and well... looked what happened to that camera. I'd rather buy into a system that I know was going to be around for years, than hop on some new tech trend and have the system get cancelled.

• Super Members
29 minutes ago, gelaxstudio said:

You where talking about processors, where are those facts? Roumered specs won't do, I want the facts you have.

A7rii... No thanks, had both the a7sii and a6300. Had to return one and sell the other. Their codecs aren't up to standards in 2016. And that's just one of the many problems they have imo.

For me as 50/50 Stills/Video it looks like good deal... I sold my A7s and i´m thinking about to get a mark VI.

For me its the Colors, they look pleasing out of the box, how the mark III renders light feels completely different to Sony.

I never used DPAF but just imagine to put in on my Ronin and stop think about focus (more or less) is truely awesome.

For only video shooters go and get a video camera guys... 

If i shoot something more important such an interview i will grab my bmmcc.

Whats my alternative ? a d750 without 4k and DPAF.

I think the mark IV will be a work horse for guys like me.

PS. sorry for my englisch.

21 hours ago, The Chris said:

Photo Rumors says it's gonna be €3,799. If video is your thing, that seems like a crazy sum to pay for this. Have to think you can buy some solid video cameras for that amount. But I know everything is more expensive in Europe (except health care) so maybe not.

16 minutes ago, sqm said:

For me as 50/50 Stills/Video it looks like good deal... I sold my A7s and i´m thinking about to get a mark VI.

For me its the Colors, they look pleasing out of the box, how the mark III renders light feels completely different to Sony.

I never used DPAF but just imagine to put in on my Ronin and stop think about focus (more or less) is truely awesome.

For only video shooters go and get a video camera guys... 

If i shoot something more important such an interview i will grab my bmmcc.

I think the mark IV will be a work horse for guys like me.

PS. sorry for my englisch.

Do you have to have full frame? It just sucks this will not be a 1DC replacement as well as a great stills camera. Pretty sure the primary focus will be on stills.

1 hour ago, Jesse Korgemaa said:

Also mentioning h265 isn't super relevant, because the only camera to support it was Samsung's NX1 and well... looked what happened to that camera. I'd rather buy into a system that I know was going to be around for years, than hop on some new tech trend and have the system get cancelled.

I'm not clairvoyant, so I can't say what would have become of Samsung's camera if it didn't sport H265, but soon it will be standard on all 4K cameras, it isn't just 'some new tech trend' that will come and go. Samsung were ahead of their time. Intel's latest processor, Kaby Lake, will support hardware accelerated HEVC.

They just don't push themselves to be that innovative, to have the best specs on the market... they just lower the bar rather than overreaching. So in the end, what they do set out to do, they do it pretty well and leave the user with a happy experience. That's also why people keep recommending newbies Canon and don't change systems.

I kinda get that. Sony cameras aren't the most chill ones to work with. The Micro Four Thirds system might not have the performance and look you're after. With the APS-C options there's always something that feels missing/isn't quite there yet. I mean, a 5DmkIV wouldn't really work great for me, but if you're into fullframe stills and no fuzz video... are already rocking a bunch of Canon gear and like the seemingly hassle free process of getting results, then this probably makes sense.

1 hour ago, sqm said:

A Nikon D750 would be a fraction of the cost of a 5D mk4 by the time it gets released. 

And we're 100% certain to see during the life cycle of 5D mk4 a Nikon D750 successor (or similar) with 4K.

13 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Please link to the facts you have.

Im not a Canon fan. I don't own any Canon products. I only have Sony and Panasonic. But I say, specs don't mean jack. A 5 year old 5Dmkii produces way better looking images than any Panasony and with more features.
Canon are still outselling Panasony with their 5 year old camera. At a very high price as well.
But I guess all the people buing them are just "blind" or what ever...

Jealousy comes to mind here...

Your just mad because you failed :)

There you go again, proving my point.

9 hours ago, hmcindie said:

From that list the best two codecs are from the Canons. Funny.

Only because of the bit rates, which is in part related to the storage media options on the cameras. My guess is that the a9 series will have much higher bit rates available when it is announced in a month or two since it will have advanced storage media on board. Probably the successors to the current a7 cameras will have similar capabilities. If the have the next generation of processors, chances are they will be shooting 4K60p as well.

20 hours ago, bsilberfarb said:

One of the biggest and frequently overlooked items in video image quality is rolling shutter. This is where Canon could make progress in relation to Sony. I am hopeful.

Nope. Rolling shutter is a function of processor capabilities. Canon will not have a next generation processor out for probably at least another year, so the best you could hope for is something similar to what current Canons can do.

13 hours ago, gt3rs said:

But there is no excuse for no LOG and no Zebra and Peeking.

This... particularly the bold part.  I defend Canon on a lot of stuff but lack of Zebras and Peeking is indefensible.  They are real aholes when it comes to that.  You literally ask people to spend thousands on a camera and it can't do a simple task my $500 BMPCC can do?

32 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

This... particularly the bold part.  I defend Canon on a lot of stuff but lack of Zebras and Peeking is indefensible.  They are real aholes when it comes to that.  You literally ask people to spend thousands on a camera and it can't do a simple task my $500 BMPCC can do?

Indefensible indeed. At the moment for my needs I'll be getting a mkiii and putting magic lantern on it. If Canon didn't go full retard preventing ML on the 1dx, I'd be going that route, i'm happy to lose warranty if it is my choice. I need the best image possible (i'm a hobbyist for now,) and a stills camera in one to compliment my A7s. I do astro time lapse and nature videos, I'll start doing short documentaries next year but they will be for learning and not raking in income. Without magic lantern I'd just get an a7rii and be done with it, however I like the colours and motion of the Canons and Black Magics.

If they would put a few different flavours of Pro Res (or something similar) on the Mk4 and cfast for higher data rates then, it would be a done deal. If Sony would do the same on an A9 then I would splurge on XQD and enjoy a fantastic stills camera with great video. A good rugged stills/video hybrid without the gimping to protect their $10000/$25000 cinema lines would be a dream. They could always include h.264 in the menu for the event shooters.

I'm not in the position to pay for a Scarlet or even Ursa mini at the moment. I  guess the thing for some of us is that because of Black Magic and Magic Lantern, we know technically it is possible to have great 1080p video in a small package. It is just frustrating to know it won't happen because Sony/Canon wish to protect their cinema lines. It's their choice and I understand their side of things.

I guess i'll get a second hand MKiii to hack and then get a bmmcc or kine terra later to compliment. I'm happy to deal with the data. Anyway, if they use motion jpeg it will be high data rates with 8 bit. 16mins on a 64Gb card for 8 bit video does not suit my needs Canon.

Peace.

9 hours ago, IronFilm said:

You totally misread his statement. He was referring to cropping when reading out 4K video. 
Both the 1D C and 1D X mk2 crop in very significantly when in 4K mode.
It would be a shock if the much cheaper 5D didn't also do the same!

Ok let me put it another way, the 5d had video before the 1d, the 5d was FF before the 1d, he said they wouldn't have tech in the 5d that's not in the 1dxII. But in Canon's history that's simply not the case.

This is an entirely new sensor and different than what's in the 1dxII. Any statements of fact about the camera is pure speculation as there's almost nothing actually known about the 5d4 right now.

Next week all will be revealed though.

7 hours ago, jonpais said:

I'm not clairvoyant, so I can't say what would have become of Samsung's camera if it didn't sport H265, but soon it will be standard on all 4K cameras, it isn't just 'some new tech trend' that will come and go. Samsung were ahead of their time. Intel's latest processor, Kaby Lake, will support hardware accelerated HEVC.

It already does with Skylake.

Just now, Mattias Burling said:

You where talking about processors, where are those facts? Roumered specs won't do, I want the facts you have.

A7rii... No thanks, had both the a7sii and a6300. Had to return one and sell the other. Their codecs aren't up to standards in 2016. And that's just one of the many problems they have imo.

Hey,Mattias 

You can use a external  recorder on A7 series、GH4 or nikon 4K DSLRs for other codec,but I bet the 5D4 just like the 1DXII  which won't provide you 4K output ,and ML can do nothing about it

If you don't like XAVC ,there are H265 or RAW, so many better choices  than that ancient MJPEG codec 

Just now, Jesse Korgemaa said:

well,good luck with that