5DIV full spec and full image leak

wolf33d

Just now, The Chris said:

Dual pixel AF and Canon's native lens selection makes this a very interesting camera for me - and I'm pretty heavily invested in the A7rII and lots of Sony glass.

Non-STM lens may generate mechanical noise,specially IS lens 

All Sony  E lens  are silent step motor lens,some with powerzoom,more useful than canon lens if you thinking using AF for serious work 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, tugela said:

The reason for the weird codec is that their processors can't handle 4K encoding in hardware without a fan. So they have to compromise to be able to include 4K.

The basic problem for Canon is that their processors are technologically way behind compared to what is used in Panasonic/Sony/Samsung cameras. That is the main reason for the laggardly adoption of 4K.

Finally see someone telling the fact

I am recomand every canon fan just buy a C300M2 or XC10 instead ,that is all canon will want you to do,please stop saying specifications is not everything

LOOK!Canon just decided using MJPEG for their flapships  for the next 4 years。

A product that brings you the memories of the 1990s!SO COOL!!!

• Super Members
31 minutes ago, gelaxstudio said:

Finally see someone telling the fact

I am recomand every canon fan just buy a C300M2 or XC10 instead ,that is all canon will want you to do,please stop saying specifications is not everything

LOOK!Canon just decided using MJPEG for their flapships  for the next 4 years。

A product that brings you the memories of the 1990s!SO COOL!!!

Please link to the facts you have.

Im not a Canon fan. I don't own any Canon products. I only have Sony and Panasonic. But I say, specs don't mean jack. A 5 year old 5Dmkii produces way better looking images than any Panasony and with more features.
Canon are still outselling Panasony with their 5 year old camera. At a very high price as well.
But I guess all the people buing them are just "blind" or what ever...

Jealousy comes to mind here...

12 hours ago, tugela said:

No you have not. Being like Donald Trump and saying something over and over again does not make it true.

Your just mad because you failed :)

It looks like finally we will have 4k on a medium budget FF Canon camera but there's a lot of people still complaining about specs specs specs...and nobody is wondering about things like dinamic range..? Yeah who cares cares about tthat! All we need is more k's more fps more specs specs specs...

It's clear, Canon won't never fit "our" SPECtations :)

Specs is not everything of course and we are all very curious about DR. That being said there is Canon trends, the latest 1Dx2 and 80D have better DR but nothing crazy compared to Sony/Nikon. Still lagging behind. Now for 4K, I'm waiting the official announcement and independent review but we are most likely headed into heavy crop and massive file size direction

If Andrew is right about the 1.7x crop that's going to be a deal breaker for some of us who want to travel light and/or only use one camera.

1 hour ago, OliKMIA said:

That being said there is Canon trends, the latest 1Dx2 and 80D have better DR but nothing crazy compared to Sony/Nikon.

You realise that the Sony sensors only hit really high DR at very specific ISOs? Canon have always sacrificed peak DR in favour of a more even DR spread across the ISO range.

If it is correct that the new Canon sensor is hitting 13.5 stops and maintaining it across a broad ISO range, that is as good as anyone needs (in stills/raw).

For the MJPEG haters, which one you would pick (codec only)?:

Canon 4k DCI 4:2:2 500 Mbits All-I 8 bit

Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4k UHD 4:2:2 300 Mbits All-I 8 bit

Sony A7 series XAVC S 4k UHD 4:2:0 100 Mbits 8 bit

Panasonic GH4 4k UHD 4:2:0 100 Mbits LGOP 8 bit

Nikon 4k UHD 4:2:0 144 Mbits 8 bit

Today there is no DSLR with a perfect solution in term of codec. Best would be the XF-AVC but right now it needs a fan that is a no go on wheatear sealed body.

As you can see they are all compromises and I personally would pick the MJPEG over the competition 4:2:0 formats and low bitrate any day.

To the ones that say that Canon do not innovate, today the 1Dx II is the only DSLR form factor camera that can shoot in 4k DCI 60fps 4:2:2.
Of course a 5Ds with a 4k full frame sensor with 4k DCI 60fps 4:2:2 500 Mbits XF-AVC with CLOG, Zebra, Peeking etc,. would be the dream  but it will not happen.

But there is no excuse for no LOG and no Zebra and Peeking.

Hey whatsup guys!!! this is world famous superstar taylor swift!!!!!! im gonna be sharing this account with my friend taylor who u know as kaylee –– omg i didnt mention we both have the EXACT same name TAYLOR SWIFT can u believe that!!!!!! but our middle names are different lolol

we're like sisters ❤️❤️❤️ and sometimes we TOTALLY...... FINISH EACH OTHERS SENTENCES OMG so you never really know WHO is using this account lol!!!!

anyway 1.7x crop factor wth??? what am i buying a full frame camera for even duh lol

taylor-swift.jpg

1 hour ago, gt3rs said:

For the MJPEG haters, which one you would pick (codec only)?:

Canon 4k DCI 4:2:2 500 Mbits All-I 8 bit

Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4k UHD 4:2:2 300 Mbits All-I 8 bit

Sony A7 series XAVC S 4k UHD 4:2:0 100 Mbits 8 bit

Panasonic GH4 4k UHD 4:2:0 100 Mbits LGOP 8 bit

Nikon 4k UHD 4:2:0 144 Mbits 8 bit

From that list the best two codecs are from the Canons. Funny.

12 hours ago, The Chris said:

Is there any confirmation of a 4k crop? I see all this talk about it, but nothing based on actual information. 

Have you used dual pixel? It can pull focus better than you can with a fly by wire lens. The Canon will have better DR as well, and vastly superior stills. AF will be in another league. I'd take the rumored 5d4 over a boosted GH4. YMMV.  

This is Canon we're talking about, you expect them to have come up with a new way of reading out the sensor that wasn't included in the more expensive 1DXII? 

DPAF is great, I have used it on the 1DXII and was really excited about this camera. If you never have to shoot wide this camera will be great for you... but unfortunately that's a deal breaker for me.

8 hours ago, Cassius McGowan said:

You've been let down for 10 years from Canon and you're still hanging on like the battered women syndrome.  Hoping for something better but you're still getting beat on and left with second hand love. *shakes head*

I haven't been let down at all, don't know what the hell your warped analogy is supposed to mean. Canon had the first 4k DSLR, they have the best video/live view AF, and they now have the first 4k/60p DSLR. Plus they have the best Native lens lineup and shooting ergonomics nailed, something Sony really needs to revise with future a7 bodies. If you're looking for a hybrid body, the 5d4 spec looks really good. As always I'll reserve judgment until actual samples are available.

I guess if people on this board keep saying Canon doesn't innovate and the image sucks, one day it might actually be true. 

19 minutes ago, swithdrawn said:

This is Canon we're talking about, you expect them to have come up with a new way of reading out the sensor that wasn't included in the more expensive 1DXII? 

DPAF is great, I have used it on the 1DXII and was really excited about this camera. If you never have to shoot wide this camera will be great for you... but unfortunately that's a deal breaker for me.

Your argument is flawed, DPAF debuted on the lowly 70d. And the 1dxII is aimed at an entirely different market.

18 minutes ago, The Chris said:

I haven't been let down at all, don't know what the hell your warped analogy is supposed to mean. Canon had the first 4k DSLR, they have the best video/live view AF, and they now have the first 4k/60p DSLR. Plus they have the best Native lens lineup and shooting ergonomics nailed, something Sony really needs to revise with future a7 bodies. If you're looking for a hybrid body, the 5d4 spec looks really good. As always I'll reserve judgment until actual samples are available.

I guess if people on this board keep saying Canon doesn't innovate and the image sucks, one day it might actually be true. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night. But the only thing that keep canon relevant on the dslr video side is ML. Without them people would've been jumped ship.

33 minutes ago, The Chris said:

Your argument is flawed, DPAF debuted on the lowly 70d. And the 1dxII is aimed at an entirely different market.

You totally misread his statement. He was referring to cropping when reading out 4K video. 
Both the 1D C and 1D X mk2 crop in very significantly when in 4K mode.
It would be a shock if the much cheaper 5D didn't also do the same!

8 hours ago, jorgelibra said:

It looks like finally we will have 4k on a medium budget FF Canon camera but there's a lot of people still complaining about specs specs specs...and nobody is wondering about things like dinamic range..? Yeah who cares cares about tthat! All we need is more k's more fps more specs specs specs...

It's clear, Canon won't never fit "our" SPECtations :)

a lot of people have metioned that the camera does not seem to have c-log which will really limit its DR and it will probably be similar 1dxii